Warren County

14pioneers

Wow. When you get the Mex stirred up, there has to be something to it. Warren County did play Siegel Friday night and was beaten rather convincingly one thing is for sure, the team did not roll over and tried hard. The fans there I am sure expected them to try hard. As a note, this team has tried very hard and has improved a great deal since the first of the year and it is a reflection on everyone there, especially the parents and players. Warren County has had good guard play, even with their record, the past number of years. For whatever this means, IMO, they have had a great effort on their inside play but technique, footwork, defense has been lacking, not talent. Team defense has great effort, no doubt about it, but the same thing exists about technique, footwork, but not talent. You may agree or you may not or you may say what business is that of yours and that's ok. It's been that way for the last three years. The players are doing what they are doing because they know nothing else to do. WC only has two coaches on the bench. There is only so much time to give to technique and could it be an addition to the staff of a coach who knows coaching inside players and defense is in order. Certainly the head coach, if she concentrated on inside, it would improve but then very likely the outside game would suffer. There is NOTHING wrong with a 2000 student school having 3 coaches on the bench. Every other school has 3-4. Not everyone can coach the inside game and defense and to add someone tht does not have background is the waste of money and time.

So now posts start showing up about two high schools and dropping down to AA. From an academic and expense point of view, that might be the answer but do you realize you are just on the outskirts of the best or near best AA girls basketball in the state, many that could beat a lot of AAA teams. There are certainly other reasons for doing that I'm sure.

The delima is not the players or coaches. The delima is the oversight. Coaches, keep coaching hard and players keep on playing hard and parents keep having patience. And oversight, do your job. Warren County girls have improved the past two years but very likely, after reading these posts, not enough as some of the fans want. Mex, you had an interesting post from a perspective that this poster respects and you posted things only someone intimately involved in a program could have creditabity in posting.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. When you get the Mex stirred up, there has to be something to it. Warren County did play Siegel Friday night and was beaten rather convincingly one thing is for sure, the team did not roll over and tried hard. The fans there I am sure expected them to try hard. As a note, this team has tried very hard and has improved a great deal since the first of the year and it is a reflection on everyone there, especially the parents and players. Warren County has had good guard play, even with their record, the past number of years. For whatever this means, IMO, they have had a great effort on their inside play but technique, footwork, defense has been lacking, not talent. Team defense has great effort, no doubt about it, but the same thing exists about technique, footwork, but not talent. You may agree or you may not or you may say what business is that of yours and that's ok. It's been that way for the last three years. The players are doing what they are doing because they know nothing else to do. WC only has two coaches on the bench. There is only so much time to give to technique and could it be an addition to the staff of a coach who knows coaching inside players and defense is in order. Certainly the head coach, if she concentrated on inside, it would improve but then very likely the outside game would suffer. There is NOTHING wrong with a 2000 student school having 3 coaches on the bench. Every other school has 3-4. Not everyone can coach the inside game and defense and to add someone tht does not have background is the waste of money and time.

So now posts start showing up about two high schools and dropping down to AA. From an academic and expense point of view, that might be the answer but do you realize you are just on the outskirts of the best or near best AA girls basketball in the state, many that could beat a lot of AAA teams. There are certainly other reasons for doing that I'm sure.

The delima is not the players or coaches. The delima is the oversight. Coaches, keep coaching hard and players keep on playing hard and parents keep having patience. And oversight, do your job. Warren County girls have improved the past two years but very likely, after reading these posts, not enough as some of the fans want. Mex, you had an interesting post from a perspective that this poster respects and you posted things only someone intimately involved in a program could have creditabity in posting.

"PHargis" if you give credit to "Big Mex" post on the above format, it just gives me more crediability in saying , YOU REALLY DON"T KNOW THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE WARREN COUNTY PROGRAM, or for that matter its history. All one has to do is ask former White County asst. and Warren County coach, Bobby Haile, at White County, if he thinks Warren County is a gold mine ready to harvest. Don't you ever under estimate the people who know Basketball and our History, just beause we have let the Jacobs dictate what is good and what is not good at Warren County. PHargis, Siegel's tradition doesn't hold a spoon to what is expected at Warren County ,by past and present fans. To say it blunty, "PHargis and "Big Mex" You really , really, really, don"t know what you are talking about.

"PHargis" if you give credit to "Big Mex" post on the above format, it just gives me more crediability in saying , YOU REALLY DON"T KNOW THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE WARREN COUNTY PROGRAM, or for that matter its history. All one has to do is ask former White County asst. and Warren County coach, Bobby Haile, at White County, if he thinks Warren County is a gold mine ready to harvest. Don't you ever under estimate the people who know Basketball and our History, just beause we have let the Jacobs dictate what is good and what is not good at Warren County. PHargis, Siegel's tradition doesn't hold a spoon to what is expected at Warren County ,by past and present fans. To say it blunty, "PHargis and "Big Mex" You really , really, really, don"t know what you are talking about.

Big Mexican are you a illegal immigrant or maybe you can't understand english ?? I am a coach t plus member, and where do you see me criticizing the players on the team? Get your facts straight , before you come on this Warren County thread you idiot. Can you tell me me when we have had a up year? Don't compare us to Oakland and coach Grandstaff you moron.

OK, I will attempt to make this as simple as possible:

1. Go back and try hard to figure out who I was responding to. Hint....their name is in the top line of quote. I have full confidence that you will succeed.

2. Assuming you have the technology, notice the portion of the quote that is in bold, I was responding specifically to the comments regarding the talent.

3. Having full confidence that you now have discovered that I was responding to...Dumptrucker... you can attempt to get your foot out of your mouth.

Futhurmore, I was only responding to derogatory comments made toward the players. You can call me all the names your vast vocabulary allows, I can take it. I just don't think these highschool kids deserve the criticism they are getting .

Have a nice evening..

OK, I will attempt to make this as simple as possible:

1. Go back and try hard to figure out who I was responding to. Hint....their name is in the top line of quote. I have full confidence that you will succeed.

2. Assuming you have the technology, notice the portion of the quote that is in bold, I was responding specifically to the comments regarding the talent.

3. Having full confidence that you now have discovered that I was responding to...Dumptrucker... you can attempt to get your foot out of your mouth.

Futhurmore, I was only responding to derogatory comments made toward the players. You can call me all the names your vast vocabulary allows, I can take it. I just don't think these highschool kids deserve the criticism they are getting .

Have a nice evening..

That is what I got out of it. All of the other names mentioned have no bearing on anything except possibly you.

So what is the over/under for tonights game? Just think, with Oakland and Dekalb coming up she is getting closer to that magical 100 win mark. Almost equals out to 10 wins a season. I wonder what goes through the peoples minds that signed that petition many years ago. Was it the right hire? records speak louder than words 97-201. The worst part is, its not the record that bothers me, but she has had this much time to GET that record. Deep thoughts, huh? Peace

So what is the over/under for tonights game? Just think, with Oakland and Dekalb coming up she is getting closer to that magical 100 win mark. Almost equals out to 10 wins a season. I wonder what goes through the peoples minds that signed that petition many years ago. Was it the right hire? records speak louder than words 97-201. The worst part is, its not the record that bothers me, but she has had this much time to GET that record. Deep thoughts, huh? Peace

Hoop, "the swami" has already spoken on this game on the 7aaa thread, and sees this game Cookeville by 33. Now, with that said, I really hope my lady pioneers can go over to Cookeville tonight and prove the" ole swami " wrong !! As far as coach Eades goes, it is really sad, because I know she loves coaching basketball and loves warren County too, but sadly, that does not make you a good high school coach. Maybe, she will pull a Bobby Knight !!!!

Hoop, "the swami" has already spoken on this game on the 7aaa thread, and sees this game Cookeville by 33. Now, with that said, I really hope my lady pioneers can go over to Cookeville tonight and prove the" ole swami " wrong !! As far as coach Eades goes, it is really sad, because I know she loves coaching basketball and loves warren County too, but sadly, that does not make you a good high school coach. Maybe, she will pull a Bobby Knight !!!!

Warren County is down to Cookeville 27-3 after one quarter. Is that ridiculous or what ?

Would the real Warren Co. fan stand up. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Could you please up date your roster on coacht? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Thanks. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Would the real Warren Co. fan stand up. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Could you please up date your roster on coacht? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Thanks. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wonder how close Brittany Frazier is to 1,000 points for her career? I would think she is close , Probably only has 2 games left to get there though.