Hickman County Bulldogs

Smoke

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on any good sophomore or freshman players for 08? Does anyone know if DJ Key will be the QB in 08? And if so will Scott Sowell be the main RB and Marcus Grimes maybe a WR? Who is going to step up and take Cody's spot? Lets get this thread rolling.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe for our team to get better and for our young men to get use to "big game" atmosphere I think we need to "schedule up". Some may not like this idea in fear of losing some of these games, if we play better schools. Everyone should keep in mind...the only games that really matter are the district games and where you finish in your district. So the four games we have to play "out of district teams" we could play some really good schools and get our team ready for "big game situations".

District 6-2A

Lewis*

Fairview*

Richland*

Harpeth

Loretto

E. Hickman

total record 26-37

East Robertson(2A)

Marshall County(3A)*

Waverly(2A)

Lawrence Co.(4A)

total record 15-26

(all teams with * are playoff teams)

So what if we take and replace East Robertson,Waverly and Lawrence Co. with maybe Goodpasture,DCA and Huntingdon/Camden?

I believe for our team to get better and for our young men to get use to "big game" atmosphere I think we need to "schedule up". Some may not like this idea in fear of losing some of these games, if we play better schools. Everyone should keep in mind...the only games that really matter are the district games and where you finish in your district. So the four games we have to play "out of district teams" we could play some really good schools and get our team ready for "big game situations".

District 6-2A

Lewis*

Fairview*

Richland*

Harpeth

Loretto

E. Hickman

total record 26-37

East Robertson(2A)

Marshall County(3A)*

Waverly(2A)

Lawrence Co.(4A)

total record 15-26

So what if we take and replace East Robertson,Waverly and Lawrence Co. with maybe Goodpasture,DCA and Huntingdon/Camden?

now that hickman is in 2A and with the playoff system as it is, every win matters... not just region games.

hickman county will drop a little but will still be a region contender. but you really cant tell at this point bc you never know which kid will have a growth spirt and step up to be a playmaker.

District 6-2A

Lewis*

Fairview*

Richland*

Harpeth

Loretto

E. Hickman

total record 26-37

East Robertson(2A)

Marshall County(3A)*

Waverly(2A)

Lawrence Co.(4A)

total record 15-26

i think that we are good but i dont think we should play those teams just because we did good this year. Next year we might not be as good as we were this past year.

If we the HC Bulldogs ever want to contend for a state title the program is going to have to step up. I don't want people to think that this year "we just got lucky." The better teams we play the better we will be. I'm just tired of East Tennessee thinking the own the state of Tennessee in football...but right now they do. They get on here talk their smack and think they are Superman....well as everyone knows.....Superman can be defeated...its just our job to step it up. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It is my opinon that we should schedule maybe 1 or 2 tougher games. I would have loved to have seen a goodpasture or dca on our schedule just so we could have seen what they looked like. Most of the teams on our schedule this year were kinda the same team. I wiould like us to see more different styles. As for the players next season I think we will be the same if not better than this year Ethan was great Cody and John and Kyle all will be missed. Some areas will be different DJ brings something different not necc. betther but different to the QB postion, I think Clint Cunningham or James O can pick up some slack from Cody, I think the Armstrong kid can have a big impact as will some of this teams freshman from this year Justin Bates as a receiver or others. I hope Marcus can come back big impact will do as good or better than Jon V. Kyle Scotts postion on defense is the key to me can Nathan Davis step up and take Freemans spot then who takes over for Kyle is it Tyler Haymens?????? Let me know your thoughts......LOve Those Dogs.

hcolinedad thanks for responding. You see things the same way i do, maybe Coach Swenson will get a couple tougher teams this year. Playing Goodpasture or DCA (or even both) would do wonders for our team. I'm just wondering if you know the scoop on this years crop of Freshmen? ( I haven't been watching eighth graders or JV games like I should) Anyone who you think can really step up from the JV or Freshman crop? I think we have a shot to make it to the playoffs again...but the goal should be State..not just making the playoffs...we need to start working harder with our Little league and Middle School teams.

It is unlikely that you can change the schedules for 2008-2009 since in most cases in Football it will be a repeat of this season with just a switch of the home team. The next opportunity to revise this will be the following year.

hcolinedad thanks for responding. You see things the same way i do, maybe Coach Swenson will get a couple tougher teams this year. Playing Goodpasture or DCA (or even both) would do wonders for our team. I'm just wondering if you know the scoop on this years crop of Freshmen? ( I haven't been watching eighth graders or JV games like I should) Anyone who you think can really step up from the JV or Freshman crop? I think we have a shot to make it to the playoffs again...but the goal should be State..not just making the playoffs...we need to start working harder with our Little league and Middle School teams.

If we the HC Bulldogs ever want to contend for a state title the program is going to have to step up. I don't want people to think that this year "we just got lucky." The better teams we play the better we will be. I'm just tired of East Tennessee thinking the own the state of Tennessee in football...but right now they do. They get on here talk their smack and think they are Superman....well as everyone knows.....Superman can be defeated...its just our job to step it up. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

True.....i think we should play a few tough teams but i dont think we should overload our schedule with the best teams.....cause then we wont have many wins.