9aaa

14pioneers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This poster thinks that 9AAA is the toughest District in Middle but looking at some scores, teams in other Districts are beginning to catch up some, even if 8AAA is considered the second toughest. The question only may be are they continuing to get better or are some of the other Districts beginning to improve top to bottom. It will take a while for other Districts to catch up top to bottom.

The region which seems to be improving more is around Memphis. Still is not there top to bottom. No one needs to overlook 7A and 7AA.

I agree thats a great District.. But I would throw Bradley Central and Cleveland up against any of them. PHargis hit the nail on the head, teams across the state are getting better..Our district and region is very weak but Both CHS and BCHS try to find quality teams to schedule and tournaments to go to.

This district is TOUGH!!! And yes, there are some good quality team that can compete with the teams in this district & can possibly beat them on the right night. But, what I believe Pioneer is saying, compared to some other districts, this district have at least 5 teams that are competing at a higher level than the top 5 teams in other districts in the Midstate region.

I grew up in West TN & those teams in the different districts there didn't just start improving, the talent has always been there. I think you folks in the midstate & the eastern part of the state, didn't know about all the good teams & talent because the technology didn't allow for it as it does now. We can get on Coach T & get an update from all the Shelby Co. team by a click of a button.

One other thing is a lot of the AAA schools in that part of the state, like Brownsville, Fayette Ware, Jackson Northside, Milan & etc now compete on an AA level because they lost enrollment & it makes regions like 9AAA, 8AAA & 7AAA standout more.

This district is TOUGH!!! And yes, there are some good quality team that can compete with the teams in this district & can possibly beat them on the right night. But, what I believe Pioneer is saying, compared to some other districts, this district have at least 5 teams that are competing at a higher level than the top 5 teams in other districts in the Midstate region.

I grew up in West TN & those teams in the different districts there didn't just start improving, the talent has always been there. I think you folks in the midstate & the eastern part of the state, didn't know about all the good teams & talent because the technology didn't allow for it as it does now. We can get on Coach T & get an update from all the Shelby Co. team by a click of a button.

One other thing is a lot of the AAA schools in that part of the state, like Brownsville, Fayette Ware, Jackson Northside, Milan & etc now compete on an AA level because they lost enrollment & it makes regions like 9AAA, 8AAA & 7AAA standout more.

I see where Mt. Juliet routed a very good (9-1) Sevier County today 69-44, and Wilson Central beat Science Hill 69-46. I bet these teams from east Tenn are saying who are these guys !!! (Ladies) sorry !!!

I see where Mt. Juliet routed a very good (9-1) Sevier County today 69-44, and Wilson Central beat Science Hill 69-46. I bet these teams from east Tenn are saying who are these guys !!! (Ladies) sorry !!!

Yep, and tomorrow we see Wilson Central matched up against Tennessee High and the Lady Bears squaring off against 8AAA's Columbia Lions.

Potentially we have the first of the great contests between WC and MJ on Saturday for the Green Bank Ladies Classic. Sounds like a fun weekend - sightsee in Gatlinburg or Asheville and watch great Tennessee Girl's basketball!

I saw Taylor Hall back in the box scores for MJ...welcome back! Hit a three pointer and probably forced her share of turnovers...

Go Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep, and tomorrow we see Wilson Central matched up against Tennessee High and the Lady Bears squaring off against 8AAA's Columbia Lions.

Potentially we have the first of the great contests between WC and MJ on Saturday for the Green Bank Ladies Classic. Sounds like a fun weekend - sightsee in Gatlinburg or Asheville and watch great Tennessee Girl's basketball!

I saw Taylor Hall back in the box scores for MJ...welcome back! Hit a three pointer and probably forced her share of turnovers...

Go Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the Bears and the Wildcats on big victories today!

Okay, meat and potato time....

Smyrna @ Wilson Central (WC)

Beech @ MJ (MJ)

LaVergne @ Hendersonville (LaVergne)

Thoughts?

If those are your picks to the side, I agree. Wilson Central & Smyrna should be a good game. Both teams match up well in all positions. Hassell will win the post matchup against Raynor, which will give WC the win at home & Smyrna it's first loss.

Hendersonville is playing at LaVergne, though & with the long layoff, hopefully LaVergne's girl will be ready to play some ball.

If those are your picks to the side, I agree. Wilson Central & Smyrna should be a good game. Both teams match up well in all positions. Hassell will win the post matchup against Raynor, which will give WC the win at home & Smyrna it's first loss.

Hendersonville is playing at LaVergne, though & with the long layoff, hopefully LaVergne's girl will be ready to play some ball.

I'm going with WC. Word has it it's such a big game that Dad B has been working out to avoid any Rotator injury from the patented hand flings. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />