9aaa

14pioneers

I was given the wrong dates...let me correct

Seeds 2-5 in girls and boys will host Round 1 on their home courts on on Thursday and Friday, February 14 & 15. Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, February 16, 18 & 19 will conclude the tournament.

Thanks for the update - I'll be in town!

Do you mean seeds 2 to 4 maybe (7 teams in District)

Tonight....WC over Gallatin at home, no problem for the Mighty Kitties although they better not get caught looking to Tuesday (or go ahead, fine by me /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

I see Smyrna taking LaVergne at home in a close match...would like to see LV pull this one off, but I see EP out dueling Kiki...this will be the difference.

Beech over Hendersonville also at home....ALTHOUGH Beech has to shake off the loss in OT to MJ! This game is VERY important for getting that 5th spot.

I am assuming that the District goes bye to 1st place, then 2 hosts 7, 3 hosts 6, 4 hosts 5.

Go Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update - I'll be in town!

Do you mean seeds 2 to 4 maybe (7 teams in District)

Tonight....WC over Gallatin at home, no problem for the Mighty Kitties although they better not get caught looking to Tuesday (or go ahead, fine by me /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

I see Smyrna taking LaVergne at home in a close match...would like to see LV pull this one off, but I see EP out dueling Kiki...this will be the difference.

Beech over Hendersonville also at home....ALTHOUGH Beech has to shake off the loss in OT to MJ! This game is VERY important for getting that 5th spot.

I am assuming that the District goes bye to 1st place, then 2 hosts 7, 3 hosts 6, 4 hosts 5.

Go Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, well, well ...who knew? LV over Smyrna 54-52. Congrats to the 'rines and their win over one of the big 3 in 9AAA. On the road no less...

District Tourney is going to be interesting!

I think Smyrna had a hangover from the big win over Wilson Central.

Reguardless LaVergne is very capable team. Lost to Smyrna by 1 point in first meeting so not a total shock. LaVernge has talent and is dangerous.

With the Smyrna loss it all but ends a hope of a 3 way tie and now if Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central there will be a 2 way tie with a coin flip to determine who gets the first round bye.

ALSO, this insures Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central will be in opposite brackets in the district to be held at the Cave.

GREAT JOB LADY RINES!! Good team victory & I believe you all grew up tonight & played like you capable of. You got bad calls, was down double digits in the 1st qrt, but you remained composed & played through the adversity. The end result, a much needed victory heading into the districts tournament. Once again maybe the lost to MJ was a good thing because it was truly a wake up call to push the girls to play to their potential.

Go rines!!

• 2 weeks later...

By seasons end, there will be 4 teams that will be capable of playing in the state finals. Smyrna, Wilson Central, LaVergn, and MJ.

I notice in the paper today...it looks as if Lavergne had its season come to an end against Beech. How good is Beech?

I went back on Coach T's and noticed that Beech must be pretty good. They got beat by Wilson Central AND Mt. Juliet in overtime this season and played Smyrna close as well.

On the other hand...they got blown out by them three teams as well.

Who plays next in the girls 9-AAA now that LaVergne, Gallatin and H'ville is out?

I notice in the paper today...it looks as if Lavergne had its season come to an end against Beech. How good is Beech?

I went back on Coach T's and noticed that Beech must be pretty good. They got beat by Wilson Central AND Mt. Juliet in overtime this season and played Smyrna close as well.

On the other hand...they got blown out by them three teams as well.

Who plays next in the girls 9-AAA now that LaVergne, Gallatin and H'ville is out?

Difficult loss for our girls last night.....They couldn't put Beech away & at the end, I believe Beech wanted it a little more than our girls. There were some questionable calls, that changed the momentum of the game but we still had a chance to win. A missed layup & 2 crucial free throws missed at the end of the game could have made the difference. Oh well, all I can say is WC don't take this team for granted, or they will be playing in the championship game.