9aaa

14pioneers

Difficult loss for our girls last night.....They couldn't put Beech away & at the end, I believe Beech wanted it a little more than our girls. There were some questionable calls, that changed the momentum of the game but we still had a chance to win. A missed layup & 2 crucial free throws missed at the end of the game could have made the difference. Oh well, all I can say is WC don't take this team for granted, or they will be playing in the championship game.

Wow, not what I expected although I guess not that surprised if I compare how these two squads performed in the last games against MJ. Beech took the Bears to OT before fading, LaVergne just did not show up at all. All the talent in the world for LV but you gotta close the deal.

Congrats to Beech (and just think Giants!)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, not what I expected although I guess not that surprised if I compare how these two squads performed in the last games against MJ. Beech took the Bears to OT before fading, LaVergne just did not show up at all. All the talent in the world for LV but you gotta close the deal.

Congrats to Beech (and just think Giants!)

You're right you have to close & seal the deal.......

Sometimes it doesn't matter about the talent that you might have, if the coach or the girls take it for granted. All year long we heard about how talented & athletic this team is but look who's sitting home today. I believe when you have a team like this, it's a coaches dream but if as a coach, you don't take the time to further develop your player & not allow them to depend on their athleticism or talent, this is the outcome. I'm not putting this on the coach, but I honestly think he took his talent for granted & thought he can win on that alone. I didn't see anything they did different from the beginning of the year to the end. It actually seem like they digressed. A few of these girls play all year long & it's playing during the summer that has helped them become the players they are now. Like I said I'm not putting this all on the coach because as players you have to know when to step up & play when you have an important game but as the old saying goes, you play like you are coached.

I'll say this & go, coaches just because you might have a talented & athletic team don't do your girls a disjustice by allowing them to depend totally on that. Take what you have & continue to develop & help them get better during the school season, especially if they are working hard during the summer to get better. Don't allow your players to continually underachieve just because the are considered "talented". This probably doesn't matter or apply to all, but I do have a daughter that works hard & plays during the summer to get better & to watch her cry her eyes out the other night bothered me as a parent because I knew she knew the entire team had underachieved from their potential. So to all you coaches that might read this, I hope this ignite you to not just take the role you can play in these girl's lives for granted. If you have talent & you are one of those team that underachieved, start now thinking how you can make your team better for next year & please don't let them think they can win on talent & athleticism alone!!

Difficult loss for our girls last night.....They couldn't put Beech away & at the end, I believe Beech wanted it a little more than our girls. There were some questionable calls, that changed the momentum of the game but we still had a chance to win. A missed layup & 2 crucial free throws missed at the end of the game could have made the difference. Oh well, all I can say is WC don't take this team for granted, or they will be playing in the championship game.

Questionable calls I'll say HOME TEAM GOT ALMOST EVERY CALL

Looks like to me it will be a Mt. Juliet /Wilson Central final, but I wouldn't count out Smyrna, before it is all said and done Smyrna may advance further than all the teams left in 9aaa.

Congrats to the Lady Wildcats and hats off to Beech. Beech played a very good game as the final score indicates and I can see why they advanced this far.

Lady Wilcats had decent runs at the beginning of the 1st and 3rd qtrs but Beech would climb back in the game after that. Good Luck Monday Ladies /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the Lady Wildcats and hats off to Beech. Beech played a very good game as the final score indicates and I can see why they advanced this far.

Lady Wilcats had decent runs at the beginning of the 1st and 3rd qtrs but Beech would climb back in the game after that. Good Luck Monday Ladies /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MJ over Smyrna, 65-50. Nicely, nicely done Lady Bears! Game was never in doubt, solid performance by everybody especially Taylor Hall (6 3 pointers, mostly in the first half) and Becca Sharpe who absolutely dominated Emily Pollock at PG (while chewing gum at the same time too!) EP looked shocked!!

Raynor was a non-factor in the game for Smyrna...and EP was just basically out of control on the floor and wore herself out.

Keep watching the progress of Brit Bell, folks...

Finally, just like last time...MJ by 5 over WC on Monday night, then on to Regions!

Go Bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I came to see the MJ vs. Smyrna cause I was worried that MJ may have their hands full tonight. Got to the Central vs. Beech game in the 2nd quarter.

Haven't seen Beech play this year and would have loved to see em beat Wilson Central, but they beat Wilson in every category EXCEPT fouls. After the game I asked the scorer the foul difference and he said that Central had only 4 fouls called on them the WHOLE GAME ! Beech had 17 fouls that resulted in 9-10 points from the charity stripe for W.C.. It was the foul differential that beat Beech.

Don't care what you say...that Beech team got cooked. There were more Beech bodies flying around gettin knocked down, then the Ref would call a touch foul on a Beech player and W.C. would get 2 points from the charity stripe.

Pretty impressive game. But it is a shame when officials during this time of the season inject themselves into the outcome of games. I have seen it when MJ plays at home as well so we are not immune to it either.

Congrats to W.C.. And, tough luck to the scrappy Beech group. I now see how they took MJ into overtime a couple of weeks ago.

Does this mean that MJ and WC will both host the first round of the region?

I am not sure,but it is my thinking that the Regions are played in one location.

What I understand is that Dickson County and Clarksville N/E are playing in the championship tonight and those two teams will match up in the 1st round of the regionals against Beech and Smyrna. The winner of the Dickson/Clarksville N/E game will play the loser of the Beech vs. Smyrna game.

I am not sure who else is in the other district that is moving to the regionals except Henry County...who lost to Dickson County by 1 last week.