Claiborne at Union Co. Tuesday night

rSquared

Yeah, these "problems" had happened. When Taylor Hall quit this was the player that said that that was not a fair thing for taylor to do, that just cause there is a problem on the team its no reason to just up and quit. That we are a team andwe should stick together. Contradicting huh? yes this person might have been a leader on and off the court... but just cause Linda Mize, Iesha Tucker, and Lindsey Snodgrass went in over her she decided that it was coach was treating her unfair...and then she quit. I aint judging this player by anymeans. I just thought she was the one that said " Lets stick together as a TEAM.."

While you might speculate that you know the reasons this player left the team,I must say CHS player,that this is still just your opinion,and not the facts..Again, this was a very hard decision for this player to make,and it was not based on "who went in " and who did not.This player was a team leader and started most of the games,and loves to play GOOD basketball.She will be on the floor playing again,just not for Cook..You see ,there is a difference between playing Good basketball ,or struggling to play for a coach that you just cant play for.So ,this player is moving on,but will be on the court again!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you might speculate that you know the reasons this player left the team,I must say CHS player,that this is still just your opinion,and not the facts..Again, this was a very hard decision for this player to make,and it was not based on "who went in " and who did not.This player was a team leader and started most of the games,and loves to play GOOD basketball.She will be on the floor playing again,just not for Cook..You see ,there is a difference between playing Good basketball ,or struggling to play for a coach that you just cant play for.So ,this player is moving on,but will be on the court again!!!

Sorry to hear another player has left the team. I sincerely hope things get straightened out by the end of the year and next year will be better for everyone. I know one or two of the players that left are waiting to see what happens before they decide whether to play for CHS next year or somewhere else (girls and boys teams.)

It speaks volumes about our local programs when players have to transfer out of the county in order to play for a decent coach. I have one that may have to do that as well next year. It's a shame everyone can't afford to go play for Jill Prudden at Oak Ridge.

Tough games at Cumberland Gap tonight also - hope both teams get out of there with wins!

Your comments about this player are unneccessary, and you have no idea what this player has been through with basketball this year.. Again this player had a reason for her decision to leave this team and its not for anyone to judge this player!!! These problems as I have heard stood long before the Union County-Claiborne game...

Iam not going to speculate on what this player has been though, this has been tough on all player i just don't agree on deciding at that moment durning a game to quite afer you just finished playing in a JV game. What about the distraction to your former teamates. Could there had not been another time, there was not a confirtation that went on before, it looks like to me just more drama. I have never seen a team that there has been so much negativity and drama from the parents. Do you think many coaches would stand for this. Yes there was things that needed to be addressed at the start of the season., because they were'nt it cost the team players.This is not just cooks problem. If they would have been address it could have helped control things getting out of hand. Yes it is bad to have your team members quit. Yes, it is there desicion, parents need to know children get over things better then we do and maybe it best sometimes if parents don't get so carried away even though sometimes we can't help it. I hate to see the team lose players. Hall was a great part of the team and i wish things did not go the way the did, not just because of her talent. These girls are all friends and some of these friendship will last a lifetime.High school ball should be a wonderful memory. Lets try to leave the drama out and support these girls and hopefully turn around sum of the negativity not add. We all need to remember what it was like to be in high school.

Iam not going to speculate on what this player has been though, this has been tough on all player i just don't agree on deciding at that moment durning a game to quite afer you just finished playing in a JV game. What about the distraction to your former teamates. Could there had not been another time, there was not a confirtation that went on before, it looks like to me just more drama. I have never seen a team that there has been so much negativity and drama from the parents. Do you think many coaches would stand for this. Yes there was things that needed to be addressed at the start of the season., because they were'nt it cost the team players.This is not just cooks problem. If they would have been address it could have helped control things getting out of hand. Yes it is bad to have your team members quit. Yes, it is there desicion, parents need to know children get over things better then we do and maybe it best sometimes if parents don't get so carried away even though sometimes we can't help it. I hate to see the team lose players. Hall was a great part of the team and i wish things did not go the way the did, not just because of her talent. These girls are all friends and some of these friendship will last a lifetime.High school ball should be a wonderful memory. Lets try to leave the drama out and support these girls and hopefully turn around sum of the negativity not add. We all need to remember what it was like to be in high school.

I agree with your thoughts---way too much negativity and drama!! Had any of the issues been addressed by players/parents in a responsible manner with the coaching staff and administration, there could have been resolve and these players could still be having a great basketball experience! Kids are resilient!! It is not as you say, just Coach Cook's problem ! No coach, at any level, would tolerate these kinds of interruptions. Some poor decisions and mistakes have been made and cosequences must be lived with. The team and individuals have suffered.

I applaud the coaching staff ,players and parents for rising above the adversity, strengthening their character, improving their game, and concentrating on what's best for the TEAM!!!!!

I agree with your thoughts---way too much negativity and drama!! Had any of the issues been addressed by players/parents in a responsible manner with the coaching staff and administration, there could have been resolve and these players could still be having a great basketball experience! Kids are resilient!! It is not as you say, just Coach Cook's problem ! No coach, at any level, would tolerate these kinds of interruptions. Some poor decisions and mistakes have been made and cosequences must be lived with. The team and individuals have suffered.

I applaud the coaching staff ,players and parents for rising above the adversity, strengthening their character, improving their game, and concentrating on what's best for the TEAM!!!!!

Just wanted to enlighten you with some information I know.. Things had been and are still being addressed by players and parents in a responsible manner with coaching staff and administration. The players that quit did so because of various reasons, that obvioulsy weren't resolved EVEN THOUGH there were PLENTY of meetings with administration. You all should also know that this whole thing isn't just hard on the ones who are still left on the team, but also the ones who were forced to give up something that had been a huge part of their lives for a very long time.. altogether, its just a really sad situation!

Sorry to hear another player has left the team. I sincerely hope things get straightened out by the end of the year and next year will be better for everyone. I know one or two of the players that left are waiting to see what happens before they decide whether to play for CHS next year or somewhere else (girls and boys teams.)

It speaks volumes about our local programs when players have to transfer out of the county in order to play for a decent coach. I have one that may have to do that as well next year. It's a shame everyone can't afford to go play for Jill Prudden at Oak Ridge.

Tough games at Cumberland Gap tonight also - hope both teams get out of there with wins!

Another loss for them tonight..Sorry to hear that for the players sake.

Just wanted to enlighten you with some information I know.. Things had been and are still being addressed by players and parents in a responsible manner with coaching staff and administration. The players that quit did so because of various reasons, that obvioulsy weren't resolved EVEN THOUGH there were PLENTY of meetings with administration. You all should also know that this whole thing isn't just hard on the ones who are still left on the team, but also the ones who were forced to give up something that had been a huge part of their lives for a very long time.. altogether, its just a really sad situation!

WELL SAID BAT 20...APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT..

I have also attended many of the games this year,and I tend to differ from your comment..This player has been a team leader,and I have watched her play ball since gradeschool.This issue is not just about one player.Your looking at 7 players who have left this team for numerous reasons.Pount and Parent??Not so..Take a good look at this years stats compared to last year...And please ,just talk facts...there is enough of the "heresay".....

i would like to know why you think this player was a "team" leader would a team leader leave her team in the middle of a game because she hadnt went in yet? thats not a team leader!!!!!!! the only thing she led the team in was a bad attitude

not one player was forced to quit the team!!!!! it was a decision they made to quit and if they loved the game soo much then they wouldnt quit because a coach lets them know who is in charge and dont let them run over her

not one player was forced to quit the team!!!!! it was a decision they made to quit and if they loved the game soo much then they wouldnt quit because a coach lets them know who is in charge and dont let them run over her

Let's just face the facts claibornelover, Cook is one of, if not the worst "coach" to ever take the floor at CHS. Just look at the record, that's as far as you need to go for proof of that. And yes, the majority of the girls that quit, were basically forced to do so. She singled each of them out and said and done things to make them quit. You obviously have no idea what was truely going on or being said behind the locker room doors or in the hallways at school. It had nothing to do with "letting the girls know who was in charge". And I don't know about you, but to me, her win / loss record is a direct reflection on not only her ability to coach, but also her lack of ability to communicate with her players. Just look at Claiborne's record, it speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, I thought when this thread was updated we would be talking basketball instead of rehashing the same old issue.

Regardless of the current situation, and I've been critical in the past for full disclosure, I say let's just finish this season out and let the administration handle it at the appropriate time.

The girls that are now on the team are putting forth a huge effort to win and need everyone's support the rest of the way. This team is going to have some toughness and character to it eventually, due to the adversity they've faced this year.

Now for the basketball:

Union Co. visiting Claiborne Tuesday night - will the Lady Patriots adjust their game plan from last time or will Nickel take it to them again? What pace favors each team? Will Union be able to get a win in district play at the expense of the Lady Bulldogs?

Last time Union Co. from what I remember didn't get a lot of help defense so I expect that to be corrected this time. The counter for Claiborne is to recognize the help and find open teammates.

Something I observed at the Pigeon Forge game that is a recurring weak spot for Claiborne is ball control. It sounds obvious, but a team with a weak offense absolutely cannot afford a lot of turnovers and has to make every single possession count. Patience and Poise are two things these girls need in the worst way. That said, Union Co. may try to disrupt, deflect, and deny every pass and shot - I know I would.

Winning formula (for either team):

Ball pressure (shutting down 2 of 3 options, usually shot and pass, leaving dribble) = turnovers, offensive fouls

* To make ball pressure work, there has to be help and recovery if beat off the dribble, and with skip passes there has to be a "beat the ball" attitude to close out open shooters.

Looking forward to the game. Go Lady Bulldogs!