Tri-County Seven - Week of 6 January, 2008

krichunaka

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Cloudland is awfully good, especially on defense. Hopefully Unaka can compete with the Lady Highlanders this Tuesday.

Krich, what do you mean "hopefully Unaka can compete...?" What kind of 'Lander fan are you!?!

Since you gave away my alter ego as NumberOneRangerLover, I'll tell everybody you are also known as:

LadyLanderLover

So there!

The Highlander

Thanks for the input. I can also agree that we've all been guilty of poor judgement and our kids are probably no exception. Not sure of the details, but I'm glad it's over also and hopefully all the kids on both teams have seen that these types of activities make them as well as their parents and community look bad. Things done in the heat of the moment are usually not thought out and regreted afterward.

uote name='UNAKAMOM32' date='Jan 11 2008 - 03:45 PM' post='826693831']

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am a mother of one of the Unaka Lady Rangers and just thought it should be said that our girls wrote a letter of apology to the Principal of Happy Valley High School for their part in the locker room "smashing". I would like to say that it was poor judgement on their part, but it was not retaliation for losing a ballgame. A game is just that, a game. I believe there was so much soda pop poured on the floor of the locker room and on the walls that our girls were in, that they had to go out to the gym floor to put their shoes on. I also believe one of the girls got her hair caught on the wall when she turned around. Perhaps our girls were not the only ones who showed "poor judgement" that night. But, you are right, it's over, and I can honestly say that I think our girls have learned a good lesson from this incident. I would like to say Good Luck to all the Carter County teams this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agree it was a good clean game and the only roughness I saw was when the ball got tied up, thought the jump should've been called a little sooner. Like you stated the Warriors were tired and it showed. Not sure how much difference not playing Thursday would've made, but sure it would've been some.

ote name='CycloneFan' date='Jan 11 2008 - 08:24 PM' post='826693955']

Cyclones win 51-43. HV led 12-8 when EHS went on a 15-0 run in the second quarter to take control. HV closed to within two in the third, and to within 4 in the fourth, but EHS answered. Jasmine Jefferson turned an ankle in practice yesterday and didnt play. Pietrowski had 15, Culler 13 and Fritz and Treadway 9 each. For HV, Hannah Banks hit 3 3's in the second half to keep HV in shouting distance; and I think Byars hit at least 2. HV was tired, and it showed. They didnt press alot and when they did it was not as spirited as usual, and the Cyclones got some easy buckets on it. Physical game with lots of jump balls but I didnt see anything out of line on either side. Coach Dugger should send Coach Chambers a thank you card as there is no question that HV didnt quite have their legs tonight. Good win for the lady cyclones.

Again, Cloudland is awfully good, especially on defense. Hopefully Unaka can compete with the Lady Highlanders this Tuesday.

Krich, what do you mean "hopefully Unaka can compete...?" What kind of 'Lander fan are you!?!

Since you gave away my alter ego as NumberOneRangerLover, I'll tell everybody you are also known as:

LadyLanderLover

So there!

The Highlander

So now we've both been outed. Well, "Turn-about's fair play" or something like that.

Speaking of Lady Landers, I got to see Jessica Lunsford and Santana Clawson last night. Wow, they both look great; obviously Sabastian Wild is keeping them busy on the court. Santana will red-shirt, which I think is a good thing; time to adjust to college life, get ready to play next season. She had a good, first semester, so the future looks bright for yet another former Lady 'Lander. And of course, Jessica has pretty much locked down the starting point-guard position, though she can also play the two guard. Good news from a couple fine Ladies.

Sincerely,

LadyLanderLover

Krich,

I am looking forward to this week's poll, and I hope to see some adjustments in your rankings.

I actually make adjustments every week, though not necessarily to your liking, and in fact, rumor has it that when I run the numbers, there's some gamesmanship involved, with YOU in mind. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Seriously, it's apparent that a couple teams have improved by leaps and bounds. However, the one most disturbing December trend was that UHS, UCHS, and EHS all lost a few games they should have won. The Lady Cyclones performance against South Greene, though very impressive, is exactly why they have been kept ranked lower than some feel they should be. Conversely, Cloudland is now on a fourteen game winning streak, because they've taken care of business. So, it's not that I thought Happy Valley was better, and this, to take nothing from Happy Valley, but rather, Elizabethton and Unaka were both under-achieving.

So now we move on, or as screenandroll put it (to paraphrase): The experimenting is over, and it's time to get down to business. I'm sure we'll see the real item this week.