Titans Wildcard Loss

What you think Mates that short pass in the red zone did it catch your attention. The one he threw in the grass, the receiver could have almost walked it in. Welcome to the hard hitting NFL Vince. Don't get me wrong Vince is a good QB. He just was not ready for that kind of heat today. Fisher will have some explaining to do about this. In the next couple of days. See as someone pointed out to me didn't Kerry get them there. Blood pressure is still high. Whats your thoughts on this one Coacht mates. I no this is prep ball but what the heck coacht can join into. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We can chat about the upcoming ones. Our season is over. GO TO WORK PLAYERS..

Your thought's on this one?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I thought the Titans objective was to score as many threes as possible--I didn't think they were trying to score touch-downs /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Isn't vince an athlete--suppose to make plays--Then why are they trying to make him into a NFL QB--Let him be a play maker like he was in college and last year--that's when he is at his best /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I thought the Titans objective was to score as many threes as possible--I didn't think they were trying to score touch-downs /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Isn't vince an athlete--suppose to make plays--Then why are they trying to make him into a NFL QB--Let him be a play maker like he was in college and last year--that's when he is at his best /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Finally someone thought I was alone out in the wilderness lol.. I don't no man can't wait to read some commentary on it. When he got slammed to the deck early in the 1st quarter I could see he was not wanting to have it done again.. Who would, Fisher I guess could not bring himself to do it. At the half they could have pulled it off and saved face too. That was what I think it was about. Not going to pull my Allstar I ride him into the sunset.. HE DID .. finally cooling down. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Acccording to the reactions , none seemed to think old Vince did anything wrong. Geez.......what about the inablity to punch it in while in the red zone? Wonder if Collins could have led the comeback when they got down? I think Fisher should have given him the shot myself. All I keep hearing is the excuse that they are so young. Give me a break.

First off I would like to say congrats to the Titans for making the playoffs. As far as congrats go that is where it ends. The side of the ball we call offense is non existent. I have thought all year that this is the worst display of an offense I have ever seen in the NFL. I do not blame the line or receivers as much as I do VY and the the coaches. I will say that VY did state he would try not to run as much this season to prove he is a passing QB as well. That was a huge mistake in itself. VY has made himself a star by using his legs. Kerry Collins makes some poor decisions but not anymore that VY has for sure. I dont see how he didnt put Collins in especially at the end when VY has proved he has zero accuaracy throwing from 40+ yards. I think we have an outstanding defense and only need a few db's and a KICK RETURNER. Can anybody say PAC... I know he is a trouble maker but he is a huge piece to our defense and special teams. He will be back mark it down.

First of all, Adam Jones is not going to be on the field for the Titans again. That has already been decided by Bud, Fisher, and the rest of management. First, he has to be cleared by the NFL. That in itself is a long way off. Only after the NFL reinstates him, will the Titans officially cut ties.

Second, neither Vince nor Kerry would've gotten us TD passes. The Titans had no one to stretch the field. Looking at the pass rush and field position that Titans experienced in the fourth quarter, Collins would not have been the answer.

Third, I think the dinging that Griffin took on the one completion affected his play the rest of the game. Major lapses in ther secondary killed us in the second half.

Fourth, injuries to all of our offensive components proved critical.

I never thought that we had the firepower to beat the Chargers- it won the first half on coaching and guts alone.

This game mirrored the first time we played them.

Offensively, we have got to find some firepower- the problem is that there is no big game receiver on the horizon for free agency, and it will take at least three years for a stud receiver from college to develop.

Vince has some major improving to do in the offseason, as does the rest of the offense.

Just my thoughts O.K. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> --Recievers need to improve or get some new ones--I've watched them all season and I believe Vince is not the problem--They get open and he delivers, but they drop way to many balls--enough said

Vince is an athlete--NOT A TYPICAL NFL QB--Let him use what works for him--He won a national championship doing what he does best--He won rookie of the year last year doing what he does best--Much like Steve when he was around (please bring him back to tutor young vince) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OL is good

RB--White is fine, but it would be nice to grab SD backup or Jacksonvilles

DEFENSE

RESIGN HAYNESWORTH IMMEDIATELY--we have the money

LB are fine

DB--Bring back Jones ASAP--I know he has been a problem, but his name hasn't been in the news lately for recent misconduct--Bring him back on a short rope, but he is a difference maker (will also up-grade special teams play) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

SPECIAL TEAMS

Bring back the PAC

Address needs and we go 12-4 next year /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

First of all, Adam Jones is not going to be on the field for the Titans again. That has already been decided by Bud, Fisher, and the rest of management. First, he has to be cleared by the NFL. That in itself is a long way off. Only after the NFL reinstates him, will the Titans officially cut ties.

Second, neither Vince nor Kerry would've gotten us TD passes. The Titans had no one to stretch the field. Looking at the pass rush and field position that Titans experienced in the fourth quarter, Collins would not have been the answer.

Third, I think the dinging that Griffin took on the one completion affected his play the rest of the game. Major lapses in ther secondary killed us in the second half.

Fourth, injuries to all of our offensive components proved critical.

I never thought that we had the firepower to beat the Chargers- it won the first half on coaching and guts alone.

This game mirrored the first time we played them.

Offensively, we have got to find some firepower- the problem is that there is no big game receiver on the horizon for free agency, and it will take at least three years for a stud receiver from college to develop.

Vince has some major improving to do in the offseason, as does the rest of the offense.

I agree that Griffith being hit changed the way he played the rest of the game but the problem with the defense was not his fault. They were running a cover three with only one safety which was not Griffith fault soley. The big busted play on the thrid down early in the fourth was the outside LB's fault. Once the corner released the OLB never picked up on him. VY is no where as good as advertised. Reguardless of the weapons we have down the field which i agree we do not have if your QB can not throw it to a player accuarately from 15 yards away it does not matter who your receivers are. It would not matter if we had Moss, TO, ect.. because VY is not a good passer what so ever. Hats off to the Defense and congrats to the Titans on making the playoffs somewhere none of the experts expected them to end up.

Im a huge Titans fan. I am always optimistic, even if that makes be ignorant at times. I feel like we have some real disloyal fans here and that follow the program in general. Vince is no Brady, Manning, nothing like that, but what else you want him to do? He did enough put the team in position to win, despite being hurt. Vince is a winner.

Bironas had a rare miss, Brown had a fumble in the redzone (could have transitioned to 6 or 10 more points). Had defense played til the whistle, LT wouldnt have stretched the ball across the goal line. Had these 3 been the senario, that makes the score 16-10 Titans. Not to mention the lapses in the defense already mentioned earlier.

Titans probably have the worst red zone success in the league, but some of that has to fall back to the coaching. I think the coaches we have are great, but Norm doesnt always call the most strategic plays inside the 20. Thats why Bironas is the leading kicker in the game this year.

Titans as they are now, could probably be atleast an 11 win team next season. Add a couple players back into the mix that were gone the entire year, such as Givens and Jones, this looks to be a great team. Maybe add some depth to the O-line, get another veteran receiver via free agency (shouldnt be addressed in the 1st round of the draft, Griffin looks to have been a great pick in 2007).

Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, you cant freakin tell me PACMAN JONES isnt vital to this team. It was a rarity this year when the Titans didnt have to drive 80+ yards just for a TD. With Pac back, the Titans can start their drives closer (if not beyond) the 50 instead of the goal line. He was missed on defense as well.

I really do think its a shame alot of people here take the Titans for granted. Most of you grew up in Tennessee I assume, long before we had a football team. I am 17 years old, the Titans have been here most my life unlike for you guys, so if anyone takes them for granted it should be the younger generation. Thats not the case for me. LOVE THEM TITANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Acccording to the reactions , none seemed to think old Vince did anything wrong. Geez.......what about the inablity to punch it in while in the red zone? Wonder if Collins could have led the comeback when they got down? I think Fisher should have given him the shot myself. All I keep hearing is the excuse that they are so young. Give me a break.

2P If Collins had played the second half they would be on to round 2 It would have ended there anyway.. So who you picking for the final one.. I'm going jump out for the Colts.. Glad they got the 16-0 but well you know. If ain't one thing it's another thing.. Maybe they new everyone's game plan. I would feel kinda Gun shy on the hand signal side. Oh and what about Roger last night on 60 minutes. I think he cut his own nuts off last night did you see all the gulping and lip movement. Well he be won't strapped for cash.. Another hero bits the dust.. Great role models for the youth.

Next few years will be interesting in sports on these issues huh?