Titans Wildcard Loss

First off I would like to say congrats to the Titans for making the playoffs. As far as congrats go that is where it ends. The side of the ball we call offense is non existent. I have thought all year that this is the worst display of an offense I have ever seen in the NFL. I do not blame the line or receivers as much as I do VY and the the coaches. I will say that VY did state he would try not to run as much this season to prove he is a passing QB as well. That was a huge mistake in itself. VY has made himself a star by using his legs. Kerry Collins makes some poor decisions but not anymore that VY has for sure. I dont see how he didnt put Collins in especially at the end when VY has proved he has zero accuaracy throwing from 40+ yards. I think we have an outstanding defense and only need a few db's and a KICK RETURNER. Can anybody say PAC... I know he is a trouble maker but he is a huge piece to our defense and special teams. He will be back mark it down.

I agree and our D is working the butts off. As to Adam I don't know he ain't showing me much as far as improvement. Still has to party said he will just take it to the house now.. NOT a good sign. I say it's about cash now. And when the Titans get the leverage on him BYE BYE. Fisher is sick of him and Uncle BUD. Heck I could be in left field too. Something should shake out on this don't you think in the next few months?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Adam Jones is not going to be on the field for the Titans again. That has already been decided by Bud, Fisher, and the rest of management. First, he has to be cleared by the NFL. That in itself is a long way off. Only after the NFL reinstates him, will the Titans officially cut ties.

Second, neither Vince nor Kerry would've gotten us TD passes. The Titans had no one to stretch the field. Looking at the pass rush and field position that Titans experienced in the fourth quarter, Collins would not have been the answer.

Third, I think the dinging that Griffin took on the one completion affected his play the rest of the game. Major lapses in ther secondary killed us in the second half.

Fourth, injuries to all of our offensive components proved critical.

I never thought that we had the firepower to beat the Chargers- it won the first half on coaching and guts alone.

This game mirrored the first time we played them.

Offensively, we have got to find some firepower- the problem is that there is no big game receiver on the horizon for free agency, and it will take at least three years for a stud receiver from college to develop.

Vince has some major improving to do in the offseason, as does the rest of the offense.

Very good but I still seen a man wide open around the 15 in the red zone and in the 1st quarter. VY should have be able to hit him and he had room to get in. Playoff pressure bit him. Its over and they were lucky to get in at all we all Know that. Next Year.. We can talk about NEXT YEAR.... What do you think.. Oh by the way i put his up in Prep football and coacht moved over here where is shoud be I might add.. Coach I hear you lol We need to get this rocking over here too.. I like the big boys Why is this board so slow? We will fix it.. Are maybe im wrong?

Just my thoughts O.K. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> --Recievers need to improve or get some new ones--I've watched them all season and I believe Vince is not the problem--They get open and he delivers, but they drop way to many balls--enough said

Vince is an athlete--NOT A TYPICAL NFL QB--Let him use what works for him--He won a national championship doing what he does best--He won rookie of the year last year doing what he does best--Much like Steve when he was around (please bring him back to tutor young vince) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OL is good

RB--White is fine, but it would be nice to grab SD backup or Jacksonvilles

DEFENSE

RESIGN HAYNESWORTH IMMEDIATELY--we have the money

LB are fine

DB--Bring back Jones ASAP--I know he has been a problem, but his name hasn't been in the news lately for recent misconduct--Bring him back on a short rope, but he is a difference maker (will also up-grade special teams play) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

SPECIAL TEAMS

Bring back the PAC

Address needs and we go 12-4 next year /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Yep but VY was not ready for playoff game in the NFL.. And do agree with most of your post.

I really do think its a shame alot of people here take the Titans for granted. Most of you grew up in Tennessee I assume, long before we had a football team. I am 17 years old, the Titans have been here most my life unlike for you guys, so if anyone takes them for granted it should be the younger generation. Thats not the case for me. LOVE THEM TITANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Young man Chill we are old dudes here and we LOVE them.. They can take a little heat. There not reading this board not yet.. Or maybe they are.. Chime in Titan.. We just chattin about the game..

I am in no way a Titan fan. Period.

I don't care how talented that Pacman is.....he got around 11 chances to prove he had grown up. He hasn't......they made the playoffs without him. HAHA!! Bet that ticked him off. Finnagin is 10 times the player Pac is and he does it without fanfare and embarrassment. If the Titans are going to return to glory, they have got to pull in an established receiver in the free agency . They also need to do background checks on their future possible draft picks.

Not to get on a PacMan rant but for every play he covered well, there were at least as many where he freelanced on his own and the secondary got burned. You couldn't depend on what he would or wouldn't do on the field. Yes he could bust a punt, but he'd give up 14 to get seven. This is not my analysis, this is former and current members of the coaching staff's take.

Interesting take on VY by Kevin Mawae this morning- he said, in sum, that VY needs to learn how to be a pro QB; i.e. spend more time learning the game plan and studying. Plus, IMO, he needs to work on his feet big time. That will help the accuracy of his throws and timing. During the season is not the time to practice to get better, but this off-season he needs to dedicate himself to becoming all that he can.

Titans are in a good position, with cap money, and a stable coaching staff. Next season they could be a force to be dealt with.

Jax/New England and Indy/San Diego are compelling games- and not the opponent the home teams wished to see this early.

I am in no way a Titan fan. Period.

I don't care how talented that Pacman is.....he got around 11 chances to prove he had grown up. He hasn't......they made the playoffs without him. HAHA!! Bet that ticked him off. Finnagin is 10 times the player Pac is and he does it without fanfare and embarrassment. If the Titans are going to return to glory, they have got to pull in an established receiver in the free agency . They also need to do background checks on their future possible draft picks.

2p, im definately not trying to drop that overused, BW-word "label" on you, but have you been a life long Colts fan? UK too?

Your familiar enough with me (gave me the oppurtunity to even post on the plus member boards thank you for that), so think about how passionate I am about sports at Riverdale. Titans > Riverdale alllllllllllllll day. Titans are the highlight of my week every week, I AM PROUD THE GREAT SEASON THEY HAD.

Finnegan did great yesterday, and is becoming a player. Had a great INT and some very nice tackles, I love how physical he is. He got burnt tho a couple times yesterday, Michael Griffin came out of no where to save Finnegan costing us 7 in the end zone.

I'm more worried about steriods in the MLB, OJ Simpsons murder accusations, Ray Lewis murder accusations, Michael Vicks dog fighting, Tank Johnson's guns, all that over Pacman situation. Pacman goes to the club, as plenty of young Americans do. If you go to the club, say, 12 times a year, from age 21-24...you will witness a shooting, you will get your wallet stolen, you will have verbal arguments with other patrons.

Pacman is not evil, some here make him out to be the devil. I had to bite my lip when people were hating on Pac speaking at Whites Creek football banquet. He's talking to kids that grew up in an urban area, had the same experiences as him, who better to talk to kids about avoiding trouble?

Thug? Yes. But since he was raised in Atlanta, and used to have dred-locks, I'm sure that label had followed him since birth.

Pacmans actions were only detrimental to himself...George W. Bush's actions have been detrimental to billions, just to put things on a scale. Its like elephants and ants...ironically, Bush is an elephant.

I have been a Colts fan since they were in Baltimore......does that count as pretty life-long? Unitas was my hero. My dog that is 8 yrs old is even named Unitas. ( way before Peyton was producing at Indy. )I have been going to Colts games in Indy since I was able to drive . I took much ridicule over the years for hanging in there. I do a lot of business in KY. I received many a free ticket to the Wildcats football games over the last ten yrs. I was able to watch Tim Couch bring them to glory and then see them get slammed for recruiting violations. I still wore my blue and white. Then I started getting free tickets to the basketball games. I try to catch at least 5 live games a year. I liked UK when it wasn't cool too. You have known me a long time.......I support Oakland fully and have taken my share of heat when we have lost over the last few yrs. I didn't desert them after they started going downhill. In fact I took it to a new level of support. If you ask your brother, I talked up Wilson Central when they had the long losing streak in football that lasted yrs and predicted their first win. Boy did I get grief on here!! I have been in last place in the Pick Em for region 4 many many times b/c I went with my heart instead of what my brain was telling me picking my teams to win when I knew there was absolutely no shot.. Now.....if I haven't convinced you I am not bandwagon yet.........think about me going out on a limb on here and at the games to support the ASSASSIN, your brother, against the Siegel mob on CoachT who hated him. I am a fighter for the underdogs. It is my nature. Ask your bro.

Finnigan will make some mistakes.....but you won't see him get flagged for poor sportsmanship like Pac constantly did. He also isn't a mouther on the field either. He just plays his game. Give him some more experience and you shall see that his cool head on the field will provide dividends for the Titans.

BUT.......give me a Bob Sanders any old day........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I apologize, i have seen too many bandwagon colts fans in the middle TN area. many claim to have made the transition with peyton from UT, but in reality have only been fans in the dungy era (when colts became good). same trend seems to be forming with UK somewhat here.

weird thing is TN and KY seem to be switching roles in college sports. TN is becoming a dominant bball state and KY is becoming more a force in fball on the college levels

Finnegan has gotten his share of 15 yarders aswell. he's a hot head too, but in a more physical than verbal way

Some good replies and answers I just read.I am a die hard Titan fan and think we would be going on had K Collins had been QB.Biornas missing that fg did hurt,and Haynesworth's unsportsman penality didn't help but Collins has been hot and he had something to prove at age 36.Vince has not been the same QB as he was at Texas.Be it pressure or not wanting to pull the ball down and take off as he did before.He had plenty of chances against the chargers to run the ball in wide open holes and he chose not to.He did'nt seem to be himself.Collins had nothing to lose but everything to gain.But again,had the Titans not played VY everybody would be saying,stick with your franchise player and future QB.Good luck next year Titans,nobody expected you to go this far this year.Bring back Pac-Man.Pac-man is just going thru growing pains and stardom,he will be alright.