Kingston Lady Yellowjackets`

bigdog

I've seen the Lady Jackets play several times this year, the last time was before the Christmas Holiday. I saw where they lost all three games in the Harriman Tournament but played Oliver Springs pretty close, are they improving, was it a fluke they played O.S. that close or did O.S. just have an off night? I know several of the girls on the team and it seems they have some talent, why arent they winning more games? Will they beat Catholic tonight?

I've seen the Lady Jackets play several times this year, the last time was before the Christmas Holiday. I saw where they lost all three games in the Harriman Tournament but played Oliver Springs pretty close, are they improving, was it a fluke they played O.S. that close or did O.S. just have an off night? I know several of the girls on the team and it seems they have some talent, why arent they winning more games? Will they beat Catholic tonight?

They lost to Catholic by 8. They didnt look anything like the team that play Oliver Springs Friday night. Forced a bunch of passes, struggle catching the ball, not much enthusiasm, just back to the way they've been playing most of the past two seasons. They should win their next two games against Scott County and Rockwood, after that, it gets tough again.

well after losing to Catholic by 8 the Lady Jackets improved a lot and dominated Scott County and will more than likely dominate Rockwood Monday night, and Harriman whenever they play them again.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />......but what would help the Lady Jackets out the most is if the coach would sub. some more players in than just the 6 he plays all the time, they have a lot of talent that needs to be on the court, because one of the teams best shooters in on the bench, so please coach if you read this please sub in more girls than just the 6, because it will help your team out so much.

well after losing to Catholic by 8 the Lady Jackets improved a lot and dominated Scott County and will more than likely dominate Rockwood Monday night, and Harriman whenever they play them again.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />......but what would help the Lady Jackets out the most is if the coach would sub. some more players in than just the 6 he plays all the time, they have a lot of talent that needs to be on the court, because one of the teams best shooters in on the bench, so please coach if you read this please sub in more girls than just the 6, because it will help your team out so much.

I was at the game last night and I have to disagree with your comment about the Lady Jackets improved a lot. I dont think they've improved since getting beat by Catholic, they simply played a very small and weak team. They still continued to turn the ball over way too much. Their just fortunate they were playing Scott County and not anyone else in their district. As for playing the subs, I agree to a point that they're are a couple girls that he could bring in and still be ok, but to say they have a lot of talent on the bench, well, lets just say I respectfully disagree. I'd like to know who you think the person you referred to as one of the teams best shooters is on the bench. Most of the girls on the bench are Freshman and Sophmores, before you make a statement about someone being one of the best shooters, check out the B-Teams game stats.

Kingston Lady Jackets arent losing games because they arent substituting, they lose because of a number of other reasons, example, terrible passes; when a good pass is made inside its fumbled with or dropped causing a turnover, an offense that works the ball around the perimeter with no one inside to rebound once the outside shot is taken, the shooting from outside is very inconsistent, and lack of hustle. Dont get me wrong, i believe there are a few girls on the bench that should be getting playing time, however, dont think if the coach does decide to use them, its going to change anything. In addition to the things I mention above, everything has to start with a positive attitude and thats something that has been lacking at RCHS for several years.

• 3 weeks later...

Kingston Lady Jackets arent losing games because they arent substituting, they lose because of a number of other reasons, example, terrible passes; when a good pass is made inside its fumbled with or dropped causing a turnover, an offense that works the ball around the perimeter with no one inside to rebound once the outside shot is taken, the shooting from outside is very inconsistent, and lack of hustle. Dont get me wrong, i believe there are a few girls on the bench that should be getting playing time, however, dont think if the coach does decide to use them, its going to change anything. In addition to the things I mention above, everything has to start with a positive attitude and thats something that has been lacking at RCHS for several years.

Here's some interesting numbers:

Lady Jackets Winning % over the past several years:

07-08 - Approximately 24%

06-07 - Approximately 26%

05-06 - Approximately 36%

04-05 - Approximately 39%

Based on their remaining schedule, they will win one more game and lose 5. Their win should be against Scott County when they meet in a "play in Game" to determine who plays in the district tournament

They have a record during this time frame of 37-81 (Thats after losing to Loudon last night). Thats 37 wins out of 118 Games. Thats unacceptable. From everything I've heard things are getting worse for these girls. They're arguing with each other before, during and after the games.

Nothing has changed offensively or defensively. Something to think about, the definition of insanity is "to continue to do the same thing over and over and over, and expect different results". After approximately 24 games this year and seeing the same things over and over and over again, I believe its time for this team to try something different What can it hurt??

Here's some interesting numbers:Lady Jackets Winning % over the past several years:07-08 - Approximately 24%06-07 - Approximately 26%05-06 - Approximately 36%04-05 - Approximately 39%Based on their remaining schedule, they will win one more game and lose 5. Their win should be against Scott County when they meet in a "play in Game" to determine who plays in the district tournamentThey have a record during this time frame of 37-81 (Thats after losing to Loudon last night). Thats 37 wins out of 118 Games. Thats unacceptable. From everything I've heard things are getting worse for these girls. They're arguing with each other before, during and after the games. Nothing has changed offensively or defensively. Something to think about, the definition of insanity is "to continue to do the same thing over and over and over, and expect different results". After approximately 24 games this year and seeing the same things over and over and over again, I believe its time for this team to try something different What can it hurt??

What is your suggestion? And how do you get your ideas to the right people?

My first suggestion would be to implement some discipline on that team. Talking back to the Coach, rolling your eyes when the Coach says something to you, hanging your head when you make mistakes and pouting, all of this would not be tolerated. The individual wouldnt come to the bench for long, it would be a short stop on their way to the lockerroom, I dont care if we had to forfeit the game because I had to send every one of the players down there. You wont have a successful team until you have respect and there is none on this team. My second suggestion would be to begin a program of getting this team in shape. If you watch them, you can see just how bad we drag down the floor ( it could be just loafing due to an "I dont care attitude"), either way, I would begin running them and for those that didnt like it, they could find another sport to play. For those that would dedicate themselves to the running, I would then place most of my emphasis on fundemental basketball, passing, catching, dribbling, etc. I think if we could do the basics, we wouldnt need all the plays they are suppose to be running. They could freelance on offensive and score better than what they do now because our turnovers would decrease over time due to better fundementals. Once we achieved this, I would begin implementing some basic offensive sets where we could run screens and backdoors, eventually getting to the point where we could implement specific plays. As for getting this stuff to the right people, I dont have a solution for that.

It would take time but it would be the start of retuning Kingston basketball back to respectable.