Mt. Juliet at Wilson Central

worden55

Bud Brandon is a good coach...but until he gets out from under his Hall of Famer Dad, he will never get the respect he deserves.

We will never know who really is calling the shots.

Mt. Juliet is better coached by Chris Fryer. By means of better prepareness, better at getting the upmost out of what talent he has and are better physically fit for the long haul.

The Brandon Bunch lets his players run the ship. Jasmine is known to yell back at Bud during games, Chelsea is barking. Talent and Daddy Brandon have proven to be the winner here. Let's see what Bud can do when Daddy is home in the rocking chair and his talent is slim...then I can judge Bud.

From what I've observed, they have to run the ship sometimes. One coach yells one thing and another yells something else in the heat of battle, what are they supposed to do? They look lost sometimes and I think this is the reason why. Need one coach / one voice, especially during the game.

This may be one of the reasons why Coach Fryer's team always looks better coached?

Still gets won by the team on the court, I'm going with the Cats at home!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is a similar game as in Greeneville. May start slow and sloppy as the two heavyweights feel each other out, and then turns into a fantastic game. I believe the key is which coach has his team ready to play AND KEEPS them motivated during the game. WC pulls it out at the end. Go Lady Wildcats!

You are right. Congratulations Lady Wildcats on a great win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !

Great game.. Great atmosphere. I thought Miller was tough inside, her getting in foul trouble doomed the Bears. I thought she did a good job intimidating Hassel.

Congrats to the Lady Wildcats, but I think the Lady Bears will return the favor in their house. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Great game.. Great atmosphere. I thought Miller was tough inside, her getting in foul trouble doomed the Bears. I thought she did a good job intimidating Hassel.

Congrats to the Lady Wildcats, but I think the Lady Bears will return the favor in their house. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Atmosphere just doesn't get any better than that. Great game Coach Fryer and Lady Bears, I'm sure the next one will be just as great.

Congrats Lady Wildcats! Great 3rd Qtr gut check!

That district is insane. Three teams that could legitimately threaten for a state championship (Wilson Central, Mt. Juliet and Smyrna). Is Mt. Juliet still missing a top player with a knee injury? I saw all three of those teams at camp and it was obvious even then that they all could have special seasons. Mt. Juliet was my favorite because I loved their style of play (not quite so post oriented). Good luck to all, and you fans should cherish this season--it's not often you have this kind of talent assembled in one district.

From what I've observed, they have to run the ship sometimes. One coach yells one thing and another yells something else in the heat of battle, what are they supposed to do? They look lost sometimes and I think this is the reason why. Need one coach / one voice, especially during the game.

This may be one of the reasons why Coach Fryer's team always looks better coached?

Still gets won by the team on the court, I'm going with the Cats at home!

I find it kind of funny on your comments about MJ being better coached. You must be on the inside to know the details of which you speak. MJ looks to be better coached in your eyes due to them practicing mostly year round, including summer or so called strength and conditioning. If you will look into the past, talent is what brought MJ their success aka A. Clark. The same set MJ offenses and defenses are text book, but adjusting from that once the game plan goes awry is what you need to review. Lets not forget coach Sims impact on the sidelines when he was there.

Intimidating Hassel?? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I do believe box scores showed 20+ points. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Intimidating Hassel?? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I do believe box scores showed 20+ points. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Most of that was while Miller was sitting! At least in the game I watched! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What a game! Sorry folks, I have been on the road a bit again, but did make the game before heading out again. Great crowd, great atmosphere.

Congrats to WC on a hard fought game, and I am looking forward to the next one at our place. Wow! Our soph's continue to improve each match, they will be the difference makers down the road

Go bears! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have to agree, i doubt anyone intimidates hassel on the court. I really wish that all you people would just give Bud Brandon a little bit of credit he has a great staff just as every great coach. He has built the WC program into one of the top programs in the state over a very short time. Yes Coach Campbell is a big part of the staff but so are all the coaches and i know Coach Fryer has had some pretty good coaches on his bench as well. So lets give credit where credits due. Congrats lady wildcats on a great win! Good Luck the rest of the way!

Most of that was while Miller was sitting! At least in the game I watched! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think this is also funny that you think Hassell was intimidated. Miller is a great kid, but to say that Hassell was intimidated is absurd. Do you think the reason that Hassell was in the game and Miller on the bench was due to her playing smart fundamentally. Hassell had lapses at times, but kept herself on the floor and in the game until the end.

I think this is also funny that you think Hassell was intimidated. Miller is a great kid, but to say that Hassell was intimidated is absurd. Do you think the reason that Hassell was in the game and Miller on the bench was due to her playing smart fundamentally. Hassell had lapses at times, but kept herself on the floor and in the game until the end.

First of all, I think Hassel is probably the best player in the state at the post. I did not mean anything negative to her, it was more of a compliment to Miller. I think Miller did a great job of mixing it up with Hassel, I thought Hassel got intimidated at times, but that was only my observation. I will say this though, if Miller can play with Hassel, then MJ has a chance to knock off WC when it really counts. As far as fouls, if the ref calls it 5 times on you, then you sit. Last year Jenkins had to sit because of foul trouble, guess what happened? WC got beat! When Jenkins was on the floor, then WC won. Foul trouble happens, part of the game, and WC is fortunate Miller and Jorden fouled out, or they would have lost, but thats basketball. Have a nice day /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />