THE TENNESSEAN

bball1999

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also seen several times where the Tennessean has the girls mixed up & on the wrong team. Then the scores don't add up to the box score.

Well in the first AP top 10 for AAA, The Tennessean listed Hillsboro at #4 and had a caption that read something like Hillsboro enters 2008 undefeated after one point win against Overton. Problem was that the one point win was over Ezell Harding and if Hillsboro only beats overton by 1 they dont deserve to be ranked at all. The tennessean suffers from people who dont care about what they are reporting.

If someone from the tennessean reads this take note: 10-15 players per team, X roughly 356 girls teams and 356 boys teams. 10,680 players who's parents, not counting the grand parents, want to see what their kid did in the game IN THE PAPER. Now I know that you would have to cut this by 3 for the major divisions, but how you sell newspapers is to put information in them that people will want to buy....Sounds simple doesn't it.

P.S the 714 people who are looking in on this post represents $357.00 per day, they are not hearing good things about your rag.

You could devote Mondays sports to High Schools, because there is nothing in the paper on Monday for you have all taken the weekend off.

How did you get to this? Do they have rebounds and assists?

Had the link from last years file bookmarked. Pulled it up and changed the date from

2006 to 2007 and the data came up. I've tried to get the other stats but have not

been successful. They may be there as well. I did not have those files bookmarked.

Had the link from last years file bookmarked. Pulled it up and changed the date from

2006 to 2007 and the data came up. I've tried to get the other stats but have not

been successful. They may be there as well. I did not have those files bookmarked.

Here is the link for the boys scoring jic you wanted that one as well. Compliments of

coach T in another thread

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...mp;stat=scoring

Well in the first AP top 10 for AAA, The Tennessean listed Hillsboro at #4 and had a caption that read something like Hillsboro enters 2008 undefeated after one point win against Overton. Problem was that the one point win was over Ezell Harding and if Hillsboro only beats overton by 1 they dont deserve to be ranked at all. The tennessean suffers from people who dont care about what they are reporting.

If someone from the tennessean reads this take note: 10-15 players per team, X roughly 356 girls teams and 356 boys teams. 10,680 players who's parents, not counting the grand parents, want to see what their kid did in the game IN THE PAPER. Now I know that you would have to cut this by 3 for the major divisions, but how you sell newspapers is to put information in them that people will want to buy....Sounds simple doesn't it.

P.S the 714 people who are looking in on this post represents $357.00 per day, they are not hearing good things about your rag.

You could devote Mondays sports to High Schools, because there is nothing in the paper on Monday for you have all taken the weekend off.

well said /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />