Memphis Prep Basketball is political!

Legend

1. BTW 15 of there 18 wins have came aganist teams with losing records- 0 wins -vs- dandy dozen teams

2. Kirby the real #1 team with wins over Ridgeway, Raleigh Egypt, Craigmont, White Station all Dandy Dozen Teams

3. Ridgeway should be #2 with a MONSTER! MONSTER! schedule and only 1 lost to Kirby.

4. Briarcrest should be #5 with a very bad lost to tupelo, MS, but they won Arby's Classic

5. Raleigh Egypt should be #4 with a crushing win over Craigmont & a 8 game winning streak.

6. St George's should be #8 they will win small privet schools state,but only beat CBHS so far this year the other wins are -VS- JV teams with 2 loses

7.CBHS should be #9 they will be contenders for the large privet school state but lost to St George's

8. Craigmont should be #11 at 15-8 because terico white & they beat White Station

9.White Station should be ranked #12 in the poll because they have played but lost to Briarcrest, Antioch, Craigmont, Raleigh Egypt, Kirby, and Ridgeway by 34pts!!! and have not beat a quality opponent Cass Lake the game that came on TV is it just me or was Cass Lake just Horrible! but With F Hall next season they could win the class 3-A state. Joe Jackson is the truth but that kid from Ridgeway had him on lockdown

10. Manassas should be #6 they have only lost 1 game this season with there entire team playing they have played a MOnster schedule till league play 16 of there 23 wins have come -VS- Teams with winning records On there 5th game in 5 days they lost 2 ridgeway by 5 not by 34 like White Station did.

11. Central should be #10 with a win over Oak Ridge but lose to CBHS

12. Wooddale lost to White Station so they should fall out the polls cause White Station should be #12

Mitchell should be ranked #7 with a monster none league schedule and a win over a Buckner less Manassas in Illinois

other teams to watch out for are Whitehaven, Melrose, Treadwell come tourny time

Just think about those facts and tell me what you think

Is this stuff just political!!!

Hawaii went undefeated in football but they didnt play anybody so how could they play for the NC! or be the best we see what happened when they played Georgia (#1BTW)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. BTW 15 of there 18 wins have came aganist teams with losing records- 0 wins -vs- dandy dozen teams

2. Kirby the real #1 team with wins over Ridgeway, Raleigh Egypt, Craigmont, White Station all Dandy Dozen Teams

3. Ridgeway should be #2 with a MONSTER! MONSTER! schedule and only 1 lost to Kirby.

4. Briarcrest should be #5 with a very bad lost to tupelo, MS, but they won Arby's Classic

5. Raleigh Egypt should be #4 with a crushing win over Craigmont & a 8 game winning streak.

6. St George's should be #8 they will win small privet schools state,but only beat CBHS so far this year the other wins are -VS- JV teams with 2 loses

7.CBHS should be #9 they will be contenders for the large privet school state but lost to St George's

8. Craigmont should be #11 at 15-8 because terico white & they beat White Station

9.White Station should be ranked #12 in the poll because they have played but lost to Briarcrest, Antioch, Craigmont, Raleigh Egypt, Kirby, and Ridgeway by 34pts!!! and have not beat a quality opponent Cass Lake the game that came on TV is it just me or was Cass Lake just Horrible! but With F Hall next season they could win the class 3-A state. Joe Jackson is the truth but that kid from Ridgeway had him on lockdown

10. Manassas should be #6 they have only lost 1 game this season with there entire team playing they have played a MOnster schedule till league play 16 of there 23 wins have come -VS- Teams with winning records On there 5th game in 5 days they lost 2 ridgeway by 5 not by 34 like White Station did.

12. Wooddale lost to White Station so they should fall out the polls cause White Station should be #12

Mitchell should be ranked #7 with a monster none league schedule and a win over a Buckner less Manassas in Illinois

other teams to watch out for are Whitehaven, Melrose, Treadwell come tourny time

Hawaii went undefeated in football but they didnt play anybody so how could they play for the NC! or be the best we see what happened when they played Georgia (#1BTW)

Man you're hilarious...I think you should change jobs and become a HBO comic... By the way, what beverage are you drinking? Hatorade or Gatorade /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You should look into being a basketball analyst for ESPN...You definitely seem to know your stuff..

There was nothing sarcastic about my above statement, nothing at all..

How about top 5 for next year ??

Legend,

I don't think it's political; it's more ignorance than anything else, IMO.

The CA Dandy Dozen rankings appear to be based mostly on overall record, then "Class (i.e. strength), then head-to-head competition. They seem to consider that Memphis Public Schools face stiffer competition, overall, than do the Private Schools.

That's not a bad way to begin compiling a ranking. The CA's rankings are actually pretty decent, overall. They just need to be fine-tuned, IMO.

Here's my list :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Ridgeway -- Clearly the best TEAM in Memphis, despite its GIFT to Kirby.

2) Kirby -- Needed an absolute MIRACLE to defeat RW at Kirby....erased a 12-point defecit in the final 2-minutes, as RW missed 6 or 7 consecutive FRONT END of 1-and-1's. Kirby, in-turn hit about 5 consecutive 3-pointers. Good shooters.

3) Manasas -- Great shooters. They've lost to and have defeated some top teams. They had Ridgeway on the ropes, but got outcoached and outplayed

in 2nd-half.

4) Briarcrest -- Solid team, can beat any team in the city.

5) Raleigh-Egypt -- Down a bit this year, but still formidable.

6) BTW - undefeated, but un-tested in tough competition.

7) Mitchell -- erratic; poor coaching, but talented.

8) Central -- consistent, but needs better rebounding.

9) St. George's

10) CBHS

11) Craigmont

12) MUS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend,

I don't think it's political; it's more ignorance than anything else, IMO.

The CA Dandy Dozen rankings appear to be based mostly on overall record, then "Class (i.e. strength), then head-to-head competition. They seem to consider that Memphis Public Schools face stiffer competition, overall, than do the Private Schools.

That's not a bad way to begin compiling a ranking. The CA's rankings are actually pretty decent, overall. They just need to be fine-tuned, IMO.

Here's my list :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Ridgeway -- Clearly the best TEAM in Memphis, despite its GIFT to Kirby.

2) Kirby -- Needed an absolute MIRACLE to defeat RW at Kirby....erased a 12-point defecit in the final 2-minutes, as RW missed 6 or 7 consecutive FRONT END of 1-and-1's. Kirby, in-turn hit about 5 consecutive 3-pointers. Good shooters.

3) Manasas -- Great shooters. They've lost to and have defeated some top teams. They had Ridgeway on the ropes, but got outcoached and outplayed

in 2nd-half.

4) Briarcrest -- Solid team, can beat any team in the city.

5) Raleigh-Egypt -- Down a bit this year, but still formidable.

6) BTW - undefeated, but un-tested in tough competition.

7) Mitchell -- erratic; poor coaching, but talented.

8) Central -- consistent, but needs better rebounding.

9) St. George's

10) CBHS

11) Craigmont

12) MUS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you talk about Mitchell and Manassas being out coached what do you think these coaches are doing wrong give me an example

When you talk about Mitchell and Manassas being out coached what do you think these coaches are doing wrong give me an example

Manassas: just looked tired in the second half -vs- Ridgeway from playing 4 other games that week

Mitchell: did you ever consider what coach Johnson is dealing with Ken Torry, Jarvis Jones, Darl Neal have bad attitudes, please give this guy a break hats off to him. If you never Coach "High school ball" you dont no what its like when you have to coach and deal with the BS on the side sometimes you deal with more BS then you coach.

Manassas: just looked tired in the second half -vs- Ridgeway from playing 4 other games that week

Mitchell: did you ever consider what coach Johnson is dealing with Ken Torry, Jarvis Jones, Darl Neal have bad attitudes, please give this guy a break hats off to him. If you never Coach "High school ball" you dont no what its like when you have to coach and deal with the BS on the side sometimes you deal with more BS then you coach.

Coach Johnson is that same guy that won a state at Kingsbury the difference is at Kingsbury he was layin that wood on players @ss when they didnt do right on and off the court. Thats what kept those players in line if he could do it now Mitchell would be in line also.

Coach Johnson is that same guy that won a state at Kingsbury the difference is at Kingsbury he was layin that wood on players @ss when they didnt do right on and off the court. Thats what kept those players in line if he could do it now Mitchell would be in line also.

There is an old saying that one bad apple will spoil a bunch. In the event that there are kids who are consistently causing negative distractions toward their team and their coach has tried everything in his power to help those kids, the coach should sat down with those kids individually to explain to them about why he or she can no longer be apart of the team. On the other hand, making the decision as a coach to suspend or completely take off some key ingredients of a team is hard, but it has to be done. In my opinion, some coaches get caught up with winning and losing, they will not strictly discipline certain individuals who cause negative distractions. I believe that the administration and the coaches at Mitchell HS really care about the students and the athletes of their school.

There is an old saying that one bad apple will spoil a bunch. In the event that there are kids who are consistently causing negative distractions toward their team and their coach has tried everything in his power to help those kids, the coach should sat down with those kids individually to explain to them about why he or she can no longer be apart of the team. On the other hand, making the decision as a coach to suspend or completely take off some key ingredients of a team is hard, but it has to be done. In my opinion, some coaches get caught up with winning and losing, they will not strictly discipline certain individuals who cause negative distractions. I believe that the administration and the coaches at Mitchell HS really care about the students and the athletes of their school.

tHE PEOPLE AT MITCHELL ARE GOOD PEOPLE When it come to Coach Johnson his hands are tied. The Administration wants to win at Mitchell. Not at all cost but d@me near. If it was up to johnson he would have cleaned house along time ago so he would not have these problems with good kids like Jarvis Jones. You said it 1 bad apple does what. I will let yall in on a little secret I played for Coach Johnson so I no how he is.

How do you miss 6 or 7 front ends of 1 & 1's when you only shoot 1 & 1 three times on the 7th, 8th, and 9th foul?

let some of these guys tell it they will say its because of coach henning. They didnt shoot FTs enough in practice. lol lol !!!!!