Coffee County

TowMater

No I can't blame Olive for wanting his coach back. But what I can blame is Melton doing what he had been doing. If he wasn't a football coach, he would have been fired.

Of course that also makes me question the character of the Great John Olive if he would fight for someone who had obviously done something worth getting fired over. But then again a lot of things he does makes me question his integrity.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course that also makes me question the character of the Great John Olive if he would fight for someone who had obviously done something worth getting fired over. But then again a lot of things he does makes me question his integrity.

You done stirred it up now. He has a halo over his head in Tullahoma

Personally I hope Sisk does not get the job. It would be nice to see Mr. Nunley back.

I think the powers that be are looking at a double edged sword when they look at Sisk and Nunley. They think Eddie isn't all that interested in the job and won't stay all that long. And they think Sisk is too young. I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Nunley back in Manchester either but there is a reason he hasn't been a head coach before. I like both guys and think both would do the program well.

Keep it classy. No need to start the trash-talking. I don't know any of them personally, but this certainly isn't the place to carry on all that non-sense about rusty halos and the lack of integrity/character.

But it is the place to say that the student athletes of coffee county are not smart enough to run the spread offense? From what I know it is pretty simple just pitch and catch right. If they are not smart enough to do that then how in the world do they lace up there cleats?

You have to have an experienced and mature QB first of all to run a spread. If you don't have one with a great arm......forget it. Then you need ......a great Oline that can give the QB time to read the defense and of course..... more than ONE receiver that can catch a ball in heavy traffic. Not so simple to implement if you don't have this combination. Oh and of course a COACH who understands the spread. One of the best I have seen is Coach Hester from Lavergne. He is a MASTER.

That's what I heard this afternoon O-Line .... So I guess it is down to Nunley, Wiggins and this mystery guy that I don't know the name of...unless he has pulled out also? Do you know?

Jack Hardegree is the mystery coach from some small private school in Jackson Tn, heard he was going to be here Wednesday to meet with Casteel.