Region 6 Individual Tournament

Bobcat

He will only get the #1 seed based on his performance last year. He will not win this weight class. He's going to wrestle guys that are stronger, quicker,and technical. He has Wiley Davis, Travis Leonard, Josh Disney, and Daniel White to go through. I don't think he can beat anyone of these guys. It will be interesing. I wonder if he and his coaches did their research because this may be a mistake on their par. Mikey is a good wrestler but he will not win the 152lbs State Championship.

"Any given day," you never know what can happen on any given day, Fuller may have the tourney of his life and win it. I'm not saying he is, but "any given day."

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in the Fuller vs White mock match i see a lot of defensive wrestling. White is a solid wrestler, but tends to be defensive and explode of his opponents attack. Fuller is a sound offensive wrestler, but will no doubt take his time to really set something up against someone who's stronger and shorter than he his. It will no doubt be very interesting to see how all that shakes up at state. Being a region 6 fan i'm pulling for White myself, but we'll see.

He will only get the #1 seed based on his performance last year. He will not win this weight class. He's going to wrestle guys that are stronger, quicker,and technical. He has Wiley Davis, Travis Leonard, Josh Disney, and Daniel White to go through. I don't think he can beat anyone of these guys. It will be interesing. I wonder if he and his coaches did their research because this may be a mistake on their par. Mikey is a good wrestler but he will not win the 152lbs State Championship.

You may be right but you are swinging with your eyes closed. There's not a "Dead Lock Cinch" in the bunch. Davis is a quality wrestler, Leonard is strong, Disney is a very good "wrestler" and Fuller is a good wrestler with a load of experience on the big stage, White is athletic and strong...plus there are other good kids like Wolfe from Ooltewah and Whitehead from Brentwood. Any one of these kids can beat the others.

Before anyone can start predicting winners, let's see what the brackets look like. This weight will be determined by the draw. It will be difficult for any of these guys to beat 2 or 3 of the others in a row because they are all pretty good.

I put a lot of value in "been there - done that". Fuller, Davis and Disney have the edge there. I am in no way saying Daniel White can't win and Mikey Fuller will win. However, I've watched a lot of State Tournaments and when there is a weight class where there is no overwhelming favorite...a lot of guys have a very good chance.

You may be right but you are swinging with your eyes closed. There's not a "Dead Lock Cinch" in the bunch. Davis is a quality wrestler, Leonard is strong, Disney is a very good "wrestler" and Fuller is a good wrestler with a load of experience on the big stage, White is athletic and strong...plus there are other good kids like Wolfe from Ooltewah and Whitehead from Brentwood. Any one of these kids can beat the others.

Before anyone can start predicting winners, let's see what the brackets look like. This weight will be determined by the draw. It will be difficult for any of these guys to beat 2 or 3 of the others in a row because they are all pretty good.

I put a lot of value in "been there - done that". Fuller, Davis and Disney have the edge there. I am in no way saying Daniel White can't win and Mikey Fuller will win. However, I've watched a lot of State Tournaments and when there is a weight class where there is no overwhelming favorite...a lot of guys have a very good chance.

Daniel White has majored Jack Whitehead of Brentwood twice and also majored Jared Wolf of Ooletewah and put him out of the State Dual tournament. He beat Wiley Davis convincingly in the Regional Duals. People in east and west tennessee don't who he and picking Josh Disney. Daniel is explosive and powerful grappler that can get up under you on the drop of a dime.

Well call Ronnie Carter and tell him you think it's a waste of time to wrestle the weight class. Just send the yellow medal to Overton.

One last thing I'll mention before I'm done with this thread. YOU have placed a big red target on the back of your kid. That's unfair to the kid and Coach Gabriel. Shooting your mouth off on CoachT has never been shown to be a productive path to a state championship.

I hope Daniel is humble and exhibits a little more class than you do.

Good luck to Daniel. I wish him the very best.

Well call Ronnie Carter and tell him you think it's a waste of time to wrestle the weight class. Just send the yellow medal to Overton.

One last thing I'll mention before I'm done with this thread. YOU have placed a big red target on the back of your kid. That's unfair to the kid and Coach Gabriel. Shooting your mouth off on CoachT has never been shown to be a productive path to a state championship.

I hope Daniel is humble and exhibits a little more class than you do.

Good luck to Daniel. I wish him the very best.

Let's quit the sarcasm. People already feel Josh Disney of Bradley will win it anyway. There is a target on everyone back that is ranked in the top 4. Daniel has to earn it just like everyone at the state tournament, and it will be tough. I agree that there is not a clear cut favorite at this weight class like there is in the other weight class. Whether you wrestle someone in the 2nd or 3rd round of state, you are going to have to beat them at some point. I didn't mean to offend anyone on this thread, and I apologize if I have offended you Bayou Bear.

Daniel is very down to earth i know because i know him. I agree that this weight class could will be decided by the wrestler who shows up and wrestles the best 3 days of his life. Because i truly believe that one mistake by any of these guys can and more than likely will end their championship dreams. It's going to be an interesting tournament. I tend to agree that experiance down in the big dance makes a huge difference, but kids come from nowhere and surprise us almost every year. I apologize for Bobcat Bayou i think he's overzealous sometimes, but can't fault him completely. My pick for 145 state is someone not many probably believes has a chance at it, but he's my brother as my name implies so i want/think he can win it. As ambassodors of our families and teams on these boards sometimes we need to reread posts to see how they may percieved before we submit them. I'm guilty of passion posting. That doesn't make it right, but it's certainly not worth getting angry about.

I'll take Independence. They returned 10 Region place winners plus the addition of a decent freshman class that includes the tremendous Cox at 145

who, by the way, has a bye to the semi's at the regional tourney and will end up wrestling Rayborn. Im personally looking forward to that match. They are 1-1. Rayborn beat cox the last time they wrestled but i think Cox will pull out the win.