LA @ Upperman

DaKing15643

I've just got a question if any bees fan can answer i'd appreciate. Any idea why christian isn't playing more often than he is. he goes in and comes right back out of the game. not sure what's going on. i know he's been out for almost a month but this was going on all season. he shoots one shot last night fairly early in the game, he misses, he comes out and gets yelled at. might have played a total of three or four minutes last night. to me he makes this team a whole lot better. it's like daylight and dark with him in or out of the ball game. in the games i've seen he has been there biggest outside threat and by far the best passer. not to mention i believe he may be the only one who can hit free throws? (just watch the end of the york game) i've seen this team play quite a few times this season and it just doesn't make sense to me??? i'm not trying to build the kid up to being a superstar, but the games i've seen he has dove on the floor, gotten numerous 5 second calls from putting pressure on the ball, creating open shots for everyone else like baxter and nash, as well as knocking down the three!!! someone let me know what you think. i've been hearing UHS fans talk about this so i thought i'd see what anyone else has to say about it.i'd love to hear what gatorbill has to say also, seeing how he is at most of the games!! oh by the way hats off to livingston, you guys have a great team, a team that knows how to play together and find the hot man. fun team to watch as well..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got a question if any bees fan can answer i'd appreciate. Any idea why christian isn't playing more often than he is. he goes in and comes right back out of the game. not sure what's going on. i know he's been out for almost a month but this was going on all season. he shoots one shot last night fairly early in the game, he misses, he comes out and gets yelled at. might have played a total of three or four minutes last night. to me he makes this team a whole lot better. it's like daylight and dark with him in or out of the ball game. in the games i've seen he has been there biggest outside threat and by far the best passer. not to mention i believe he may be the only one who can hit free throws? (just watch the end of the york game) i've seen this team play quite a few times this season and it just doesn't make sense to me??? i'm not trying to build the kid up to being a superstar, but the games i've seen he has dove on the floor, gotten numerous 5 second calls from putting pressure on the ball, creating open shots for everyone else like baxter and nash, as well as knocking down the three!!! someone let me know what you think. i've been hearing UHS fans talk about this so i thought i'd see what anyone else has to say about it.i'd love to hear what gatorbill has to say also, seeing how he is at most of the games!! oh by the way hats off to livingston, you guys have a great team, a team that knows how to play together and find the hot man. fun team to watch as well..

I know Ethan has been sick for the past couple weeks and has not even been dressed. Im pretty certain that York was one of those games that he was not dressed.

I agree that he is one of those guys that you know you can trust with the ball, and is has a very dependable shot. I like the way that both him and the Simmons kid play. They both are very smart ball players. Neither one is a superstar, but both know how the game is supposed to be played, and they play very smart basketball.

Im just guessing that maybe Ethan was still feeling the effects of being sick. Maybe his conditioning is off just a bit? I would have liked to have seen more of him out there as well. Hopefully he will be ready to go next week.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know Ethan has been sick for the past couple weeks and has not even been dressed. Im pretty certain that York was one of those games that he was not dressed.

I agree that he is one of those guys that you know you can trust with the ball, and is has a very dependable shot. I like the way that both him and the Simmons kid play. They both are very smart ball players. Neither one is a superstar, but both know how the game is supposed to be played, and they play very smart basketball.

Im just guessing that maybe Ethan was still feeling the effects of being sick. Maybe his conditioning is off just a bit? I would have liked to have seen more of him out there as well. Hopefully he will be ready to go next week.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you both beesfan23 and gatorbillmsu. Ethan is good ball player and has one of the best shots on the team. He can shoot with or better than some of those boys on the bees roster. Yea hes been out due to sickness so has Hamlet. They are both a key a key part to this organization at Upperman. Before Baxter got injured at Cannon co. this team was playing some really good basketball then after that Hamlet and Ethan got sick right before Baxter got back and that hurt the team even more. I think when the coach gets the team back to the way they were before all the injuries and sickness came like playing wise and starting rotation. This team will become better than they have seemed the past 2-3 weeks. Not saying anything bad about the players who filled the spots for these 3 but it jus seems the bees play alot better when they have the players that started out the season for them. They play more together as a team than they do now.

I agree with you both beesfan23 and gatorbillmsu. Ethan is good ball player and has one of the best shots on the team. He can shoot with or better than some of those boys on the bees roster. Yea hes been out due to sickness so has Hamlet. They are both a key a key part to this organization at Upperman. Before Baxter got injured at Cannon co. this team was playing some really good basketball then after that Hamlet and Ethan got sick right before Baxter got back and that hurt the team even more. I think when the coach gets the team back to the way they were before all the injuries and sickness came like playing wise and starting rotation. This team will become better than they have seemed the past 2-3 weeks. Not saying anything bad about the players who filled the spots for these 3 but it jus seems the bees play alot better when they have the players that started out the season for them. They play more together as a team than they do now.

The team definitely plays better and as a team when all the original starters are on the floor i agree... I just noticed that ethan has been pulled alot this year on missed shots, or just a simple mistake. The kid doesn't make hardly any turnovers so a mistake once in a while isn't worthy of pulling him out. Not to mention he takes open shots, which some of the others need to consider doing. Also, at the end of close games he has to have the ball, cause he can knock down free throws (very important to this team, seeing how they will have a lot of close games). I just agree with you and gatorbill about wanting to see more of him. Maybe not the best scorer on the team but the scoring will be a whole lot easier for the others with him in the game. I haven't seen many kids make the passes he has made earlier this year and that is so desperatly needed on this team. i think they seem to feed off his hustle too. Anyways, thanks for your responses. like i said earlier i've been hearing people talk about this alot and was gonna bring it up on here to see what other people think.

who is up at 3 in the morning on here? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> it was a very strange weekend in the GatorBill household. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As quoted from the Cookeville Hearld Citizen

"When they(officials) let him (Dunn)attack the basket that way and call little touchy bumps, it makes it really impossible to guard him," said Bees head coach Bobby McWilliams.

How about trying to guard him without fouling coach !!

Dunn outscored UHS in the first half by himself, how about getting someone that can guard him instead of complaining about the officiating for a change. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

As quoted from the Cookeville Hearld Citizen

"When they let him (Dunn)attack the basket that way and call little touchy bumps, it makes it really impossible to guard him," said Bees head coach Bobby McWilliams.

How about trying to guard him without fouling coach !!

Dunn outscored UHS in the first half by himself, how about getting someone that can guard him instead of complaining about the officiating for a change. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

How about not sticking up for every official like they are perfect.

They did call the touchy bumps. That is a fact. I dont see anything in that quote that is not fact. He is impossible to guard when the game is called that way. MrCoachMcWilliams did not say "Those POS refs don't know what they are doing" He didnt say "If the refs would learn how to call a game" or "they didnt call it by the rulebook" He stated fact. They called the touchy bumps.

Nice job calling out a coach for being a coach.

edit: and no where in that article did he say "We had a better team, but the refs lost it for us."

How about not sticking up for every official like they are perfect.

They did call the touchy bumps. That is a fact. I dont see anything in that quote that is not fact. He is impossible to guard when the game is called that way. MrCoachMcWilliams did not say "Those POS refs don't know what they are doing" He didnt say "If the refs would learn how to call a game" or "they didnt call it by the rulebook" He stated fact. They called the touchy bumps.

Nice job calling out a coach for being a coach.

edit: and no where in that article did he say "We had a better team, but the refs lost it for us."

I did not say the officiating was perfect Bill, just responding to what the Coach said.

Dunn is an outstanding player who is hard to guard, especially if you don't move your feet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />