DISTRICT 1 TOURNAMENT

TommyMan37604

Who cares who sent a tape. If that is the case people need to really think about why they are doing this. Let the kids decide the game. Geesh people. Anyways, it sure was a great season and great tournament for what i got to see, i got to see the semi finals but man those games were great. Cant wait till next season in the big 9

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares who sent a tape. If that is the case people need to really think about why they are doing this. Let the kids decide the game. Geesh people. Anyways, it sure was a great season and great tournament for what i got to see, i got to see the semi finals but man those games were great. Cant wait till next season in the big 9

It was a good season.

Anybody want to take a guess at next year yet?

I see:

DB, Science Hill, and TN High at the top,

South, Central, and maybe Boone below that, and everybody else just below that.

congrats to all of em

Don't count out TN High just yet. They lose Salyers underneath, and Nakita Jones, which will really hurt, but they are very well coached, and Coach Bright will find a way to get the other girls more involved, which she knows was a weakness this year.

That said, Science Hill loses Jordan Douglas, which will hurt, but they have plenty of scorers to fill in, and PG Alexis Fields, who is out with a torn ACL now, anyway. I think they will be the favorites.

D-B will be a close 2nd. Not sure who they lose to graduation, someone took their roster off of the team page. Frolich and Osborne will be back, so all they need is someone to feed the ball in.

Central is pretty talented, and can beat anybody, but not sure they can beat everybody, which is what it takes to win the conference.

South's freshman is outstanding, but not sure she can carry the team like Pickwell and Williams.

Boone, much like SH, will have 6 seniors on the roster, but the problem is, with the exception of PG Harmon, there are no scorers. Everybody has fed the ball to Caldwell and Nickels and watched them go. Somebody (or several somebodies) will have to change their mindset to the scorer's mentality.

East can separate themselves from the bottom two, but they aren't going to get very far up the ladder, although they could if Boone and South don't pull it together.

Bottom 2 is a toss-up. Volunteer loses Bledsoe, and Crockett loses Murr.