The men in blue!

orgfrvt

First, you have to have rabbitt ears that enables you to hear every comment from the moms and dads so you can effectively widen or shorten the strike zone as needed. Next is your eyesight. None is perferrable but farsighted is mandatory. Most umpires in the region have their eyes shut when the ball gets near the plate anyway. Thirdly you must be biased and a know-it-all by nature. An IQ of 60 is required but one over 80 tends to make you to analytical. The TSSAA has a great method of screening those applicants out. You have to fit into pants 3 waist sizes to small and 4 inches short. SO if you are built so as I (broad shouldered/athletic 6'3" 210lbs) and wear a 34" waist and an inseam of 34.... you must war a 31/30. You cannot be very good looking or you wouldn't be behind a mask! Lastly, your improvisional skills must be great. Dont read the rule book, wing it and make them up as you go, similiar to high school coaches.

Hope this helps!

First, you have to have rabbitt ears that enables you to hear every comment from the moms and dads so you can effectively widen or shorten the strike zone as needed. Next is your eyesight. None is perferrable but farsighted is mandatory. Most umpires in the region have their eyes shut when the ball gets near the plate anyway. Thirdly you must be biased and a know-it-all by nature. An IQ of 60 is required but one over 80 tends to make you to analytical. The TSSAA has a great method of screening those applicants out. You have to fit into pants 3 waist sizes to small and 4 inches short. SO if you are built so as I (broad shouldered/athletic 6'3" 210lbs) and wear a 34" waist and an inseam of 34.... you must war a 31/30. You cannot be very good looking or you wouldn't be behind a mask! Lastly, your improvisional skills must be great. Dont read the rule book, wing it and make them up as you go, similiar to high school coaches.

Hope this helps!

Man, you have really got it down pat. I was thinking more like they just need a pulse, but I love your detail /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />