Teams to look out for next year

bnabna59

RYAN DOES DOMINATE... BUT THEY ALSO GIVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO GIFTED ATHLETES, SOME WHO WRESTLE. BY THE WAY, FRANKLIN IS IN WILLIAMSON COUNTY. IF YOU LOOKED RECENTLY AT THE TEAM RANKINGS SEVERAL WILLIAMSON COUNTY TEAMS WERE IN THE TOP 10, WITH MORE JUST OUTSIDE THE TOP. IM NOT FROM WILLIAMSON COUNTY BUT I DO SEE THEM MAKING LARGE STRIDES IN WRESTLING AND I FOR ONE RESPECT THEM FOR THAT AND HOPE THAT OTHER MIDDLE TN TEAMS TAKE NOTE AND STRIVE TO DO THE SAME. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ON A SIDE NOTE. RYAN IS NOT FAR FROM WILLIAMSON COUNTY. MIGHT EVEN BE SOME FRANKLIN OR BRENTWOOD BOYS WRESTLING FOR RYAN

Dakeko, Certainly you can do better than this. You did not even asnwer the question. Although Brentwood and Franklin did well in the state, the top two teams were Chattanooga area teams. Ryan has been the dominant wrestling team, talent etc in Middle Tennessee, their record speaks for itselt, although they did lose the Duals to a Chattanooga area team. You took a veiled pot shot at them and all private schools that offer need-based financial aid. To make a statement about Ryan giving scholarships to gifted athletes, some who wrestle is a bold statement and one I hope you can back up. I take it you know this for a fact who they are. What type of scholarship are they on? How much is the scholarship? This topic has been beaten into the ground, yet you want to bring it up again. How much are the students paying to ride the Hamilton County school buses, how much are they paying for the Free breakfasts and lunches? I understand not all students receive this, however many do. They do not pay for this.

Next time you want to respond, stay on subject and leave the cheap shots at home. Remember, Rutherford County, Wilson County and even Williamson County provides the same benefits to public shcool students as they do here in Hamilton County and I know you know this.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, theres no doubt that Chattanooga area schools dominate wrestling in TN. Whether its because their gifted, priviately funded (insert McKenzie and Jones here), recruited to move, poor, rich, or middle class, Chatt-area rocks. OK. But my posts simply stated just meant that for years Franklin and Overton (miles from Williamson Co) have had much success in recent years. Now Independence, Brentwood, and Ravenwood have made great strides more recently, that they are becoming a dominate area in middle TN.

THEY DID HAVE 9 GUYS IN THE FINALS AND 2 STATE CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR.

WHAT OTHER AREA DID THAT OTHER THAN THE CHATTANOOGA AREA?

Lighten up H-DAD. I make a post and you get offended, DAKEKO makes a posts and you get offended. Sounds to me like your the only one peeved and offended...... but I feel good

Well, theres no doubt that Chattanooga area schools dominate wrestling in TN. Whether its because their gifted, priviately funded (insert McKenzie and Jones here), recruited to move, poor, rich, or middle class, Chatt-area rocks. OK. But my posts simply stated just meant that for years Franklin and Overton (miles from Williamson Co) have had much success in recent years. Now Independence, Brentwood, and Ravenwood have made great strides more recently, that they are becoming a dominate area in middle TN.

THEY DID HAVE 9 GUYS IN THE FINALS AND 2 STATE CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR.

WHAT OTHER AREA DID THAT OTHER THAN THE CHATTANOOGA AREA?

Lighten up H-DAD. I make a post and you get offended, DAKEKO makes a posts and you get offended. Sounds to me like your the only one peeved and offended...... but I feel good

Not offended, I do like the double-mint brother tag-team tandem you have going on here. Original!

Great job Williamson County, however, I counted 10 finalist and 2 state champions.

DI - Finalists 103; 130; 145; 171; 189; 189-champion; 215

DII - Finalists 119; 145-champion; 215

Davidson County - 11 finalists and 7 state champions

DI - Finalists 140; 152-champion (Great flip)

DII - Finalists 125; 135; 140-champion; 145; 160-champion; 171-champion; 189-champion; 215-champion; 285-champion

Dakeko, Certainly you can do better than this. You did not even asnwer the question. Although Brentwood and Franklin did well in the state, the top two teams were Chattanooga area teams. Ryan has been the dominant wrestling team, talent etc in Middle Tennessee, their record speaks for itselt, although they did lose the Duals to a Chattanooga area team. You took a veiled pot shot at them and all private schools that offer need-based financial aid. To make a statement about Ryan giving scholarships to gifted athletes, some who wrestle is a bold statement and one I hope you can back up. I take it you know this for a fact who they are. What type of scholarship are they on? How much is the scholarship? This topic has been beaten into the ground, yet you want to bring it up again. How much are the students paying to ride the Hamilton County school buses, how much are they paying for the Free breakfasts and lunches? I understand not all students receive this, however many do. They do not pay for this.

Next time you want to respond, stay on subject and leave the cheap shots at home. Remember, Rutherford County, Wilson County and even Williamson County provides the same benefits to public shcool students as they do here in Hamilton County and I know you know this.

TAG IN....

I DIDN'T BRING UP FATHER RYAN , YOU DID. LETS LEAVE FINACIAL AID OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION TOTALLY, AS YOU WANTED. WE'LL JUST DISCUSS RECRUITING. RYAN DID TRY TO RECRUIT ONE OF OUR MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLERS TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND WRESTLE. HE AND HIS PARENTS CHOSE NOT TO GO. MY POINT WAS, SINCE YOU BROUGHT UP RYAN BEING "OUR DOMINANT TEAM", WAS THAT THEY ARE MORE DOMINANT FOR A REASON. WILLIAMSON COUNTY WRESTLING IS BECOMING DOMINANT IN MIDDLE TN WITHOUT GETTING GREAT TALENT FROM ALL OVER MIDDLE TN. I DIDN'T MEAN TO TALK BADLY ABOUT RYAN. THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT PROGRAM, TOP NOTCH.

TAG OUT... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

TAG IN....

I DIDN'T BRING UP FATHER RYAN , YOU DID. LETS LEAVE FINACIAL AID OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION TOTALLY, AS YOU WANTED. WE'LL JUST DISCUSS RECRUITING. RYAN DID TRY TO RECRUIT ONE OF OUR MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLERS TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND WRESTLE. HE AND HIS PARENTS CHOSE NOT TO GO. MY POINT WAS, SINCE YOU BROUGHT UP RYAN BEING "OUR DOMINANT TEAM", WAS THAT THEY ARE MORE DOMINANT FOR A REASON. WILLIAMSON COUNTY WRESTLING IS BECOMING DOMINANT IN MIDDLE TN WITHOUT GETTING GREAT TALENT FROM ALL OVER MIDDLE TN. I DIDN'T MEAN TO TALK BADLY ABOUT RYAN. THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT PROGRAM, TOP NOTCH.

TAG OUT... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You are correct in that I mentioned Ryan first, that was never the question. You mentioned they offered scholarships to friends of yours. What type of scholarship was offered, how much was offered? Are you sure it was not need-based? Because a schol talks to somebody does not mean they are offering scholarships. I guess I did not realize that Ryan has a recruiting budget that allows them to scour the city for talent and that is why they have been successful.

You are correct in that I mentioned Ryan first, that was never the question. You mentioned they offered scholarships to friends of yours. What type of scholarship was offered, how much was offered? Are you sure it was not need-based? Because a schol talks to somebody does not mean they are offering scholarships. I guess I did not realize that Ryan has a recruiting budget that allows them to scour the city for talent and that is why they have been successful.

I DIDN'T SAY THEY OFFERED HIM A SCHOLARSHIP, THEY MIGHT HAVE I DON'T KNOW. I SAID THEY TRIED RECRUITING HIM FOR WRESTLING AND FOOTBALL. PLEASE READ THE POST. THATS TWICE ON THIS ONE THREAD THAT YOU HAVE MISQUOTED ME. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TAG IN....

Gotta jump in on this one. First question DAKEKO is do you really think Ryan is so dominant in wrestling because they recruit? If you are talking about the Catholic boy from Smyrna, we would love to have ALL the local Catholic boys at Ryan. I tell boys from MBA and other schools this all the time. However, if this young man or others want help, they would have to qualify for financial need, which must not have happened in this case as you said his parents chose not to go. One thing I know is the (14) starters on this team are all Catholic, and came from schools like St. Henry, St. Ann, Overbrook and Holy Rosary. Recruiting is not making this team, but excellent coaching in High School, coupled with a strong foundation formed in the NCW Middle School program. (11 of our 14) went through NCW, so if you want to see some future starters at Ryan, go catch an NCW match next year.

I DIDN'T SAY THEY OFFERED HIM A SCHOLARSHIP, THEY MIGHT HAVE I DON'T KNOW. I SAID THEY TRIED RECRUITING HIM FOR WRESTLING AND FOOTBALL. PLEASE READ THE POST. THATS TWICE ON THIS ONE THREAD THAT YOU HAVE MISQUOTED ME. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

See, that's just a wrong, though common, misconception. Family calls your school and asks for an application, kid applies and gets accepted, applies for financial aid through Prinston, qualifies for a certain amount below the total cost, family decides to go someplace else, and then you accuse the school of recruitting him when, in fact, it's always the family that initiates it.

Gotta jump in on this one. First question DAKEKO is do you really think Ryan is so dominant in wrestling because they recruit? If you are talking about the Catholic boy from Smyrna, we would love to have ALL the local Catholic boys at Ryan. I tell boys from MBA and other schools this all the time. However, if this young man or others want help, they would have to qualify for financial need, which must not have happened in this case as you said his parents chose not to go. One thing I know is the (14) starters on this team are all Catholic, and came from schools like St. Henry, St. Ann, Overbrook and Holy Rosary. Recruiting is not making this team, but excellent coaching in High School, coupled with a strong foundation formed in the NCW Middle School program. (11 of our 14) went through NCW, so if you want to see some future starters at Ryan, go catch an NCW match next year.

CAN I GET A AMEN BROTHER AMEN