4 time champ

wosbodog

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Mr. Whitaker (4-timer)!!! After the way last year's match went down with Francis leading and then getting caught on his back and pinned, I knew this should be a great match. It was a great match again with Francis taking a 5-0 lead after a very good throw and 3 back points. Mr. Whitaker went to work and came out with the pin. Great Match!!! I have been watching Bailey since his 7th grade year and he has always been a very exciting wrestler to watch. I am very happy for Bailey and I look forward to seeing Jeff Francis next year at State. Great Match and Congratulations Bailey!!!

Kevin Randolph

Remembered one thing no one's mentioned.

We have a 4-time state champion, Bailey Whittaker. Congratulations!

Jeremy Miller still has a shot to be a 4-timer, as well as Ethan Hames and Stuart Doster. Watson, Hooker, and Duncan are all going for 5.

I hardly think that winning 1 is close enough to say they are going for 5. Not trying to take anything away from them, they all did great and deserved their championships, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Things change a bunch as they move up the weight classes.

I hardly think that winning 1 is close enough to say they are going for 5. Not trying to take anything away from them, they all did great and deserved their championships, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Things change a bunch as they move up the weight classes.

Very true, but Hooker and Duncan keep getting better by going to national tournaments, and Watson might have been to some as well. And Duncan moved up 3 weight classes (actually 4 since he wrestled at 112 for part of his 8th grade year) and still won. But yeah, good point; I was hoping Miller would win again.

Congratulations to Mr. Whitaker (4-timer)!!! After the way last year's match went down with Francis leading and then getting caught on his back and pinned, I knew this should be a great match. It was a great match again with Francis taking a 5-0 lead after a very good throw and 3 back points. Mr. Whitaker went to work and came out with the pin. Great Match!!! I have been watching Bailey since his 7th grade year and he has always been a very exciting wrestler to watch. I am very happy for Bailey and I look forward to seeing Jeff Francis next year at State. Great Match and Congratulations Bailey!!!Kevin Randolph

Hunter's dad, right?

Bailey certainly deserves congratulations on a great career. 4 timers are few and far between. More importantly he has been a great leader for the Raider team. His success and leadership ability will only grow as he moves on to the Naval Academy.

Thanks Bailey. It has been fun watching you for the last four years.

Bailey was "fearless". He was so exciting to watch, took lots of risks, got in trouble, took more risks and came back to win. In 6 or more years of wrestling I never saw him stall period. Congrats on being one of the few 4 timers. You will be missed.

Jeremy Miller still has a shot to be a 4-timer, as well as Ethan Hames and Stuart Doster. Watson, Hooker, and Duncan are all going for 5.

Way to go, Bailey. You were awesome to watch for 4 years. I remember you and Mac Richmond in the 103 finals at Knox Catholic tourney. You were both freshman and it could have gone either way. Well, as youve shown us all for 4 years, you apparently didn't get the memo that you might lose that match. So you didn't. You toted that gold medal out of there and never looked back. Again, way to go.

Harry Thornton

Gentlemen:

Thanks for your comments on Bailey. The last four years have been a blast! He learned a lot from Baylor wrestling, and we in his family learned much from him. Hard to believe it's come to an end! But they all gotta grow up and move on, right?

Bailey owes his success to great coaching -- Schaack and Coach Morgan and a number of assistants (and also a certain guru who's the father of another 4-timer and always had the right tip just before state each year). Bailey also owes much to a bunch of Baylor parents, teachers and alums who took an interest him and encouraged him all along the way.

I've become a fan of Jeff Francis. He was a gentlemen toward me on the few occasions we talked even though he probably had no interest in speaking to his adversary's father. I could tell he was bitterly disappointed not to bring home the gold this year. I'll be following him next year and pulling hard for him against all opponents not wearing red leggings.

Can't wait for next year. Without my own flesh and blood on the mat, I'll be able to watch Baylor wrestling without having to take a handful of Pepcid ACs and Tums before and after each meet!

Best to all!

-Philip Whitaker

Philip and Cindy:

Welcome to the old timers club. Thanks for being great leaders of our little group. Special thanks to Bailey for being a great leader and a great warrior. If there was ever a wrestler that you can't count out in the big match, Bailey has to be number one in my book. He has proven it every year.

Gentlemen:

Thanks for your comments on Bailey. The last four years have been a blast! He learned a lot from Baylor wrestling, and we in his family learned much from him. Hard to believe it's come to an end! But they all gotta grow up and move on, right?

Bailey owes his success to great coaching -- Schaack and Coach Morgan and a number of assistants (and also a certain guru who's the father of another 4-timer and always had the right tip just before state each year). Bailey also owes much to a bunch of Baylor parents, teachers and alums who took an interest him and encouraged him all along the way.

I've become a fan of Jeff Francis. He was a gentlemen toward me on the few occasions we talked even though he probably had no interest in speaking to his adversary's father. I could tell he was bitterly disappointed not to bring home the gold this year. I'll be following him next year and pulling hard for him against all opponents not wearing red leggings.

Can't wait for next year. Without my own flesh and blood on the mat, I'll be able to watch Baylor wrestling without having to take a handful of Pepcid ACs and Tums before and after each meet!

Best to all!

-Philip Whitaker

You can sit with me, Herm and Mtnrasslin. (You get to stay longer at No. Chatt. Cat Too)

Duncan? Yes. He is going for 5 state championships as he as shown us as his hand was raised Saturday.

Hooker, I can ussure you is going for another state championship and take them one by one. As is Watson

Doster is thinking about another state championship next year at the end of his sophomore year. Not the one of his senior year.

Stop setting the bar for these young wrestlers. Let them do it.