District 5A Championship

Crowder10

Grace has beaten Temple in both regular season meetings, but it has been fairly close both times. I think Grace wins again, unless Sexton plays out of his mind and Grace just plays absolutely terrible, but i do not believe that will happen. Grace will come out very focused and ready to go. any predictions?

mine is:

Grace 55

Temple 45

Grace has beaten Temple in both regular season meetings, but it has been fairly close both times. I think Grace wins again, unless Sexton plays out of his mind and Grace just plays absolutely terrible, but i do not believe that will happen. Grace will come out very focused and ready to go. any predictions?

mine is:

Grace 55

Temple 45

Grace has to show that they play team ball...trust eachother...this is Carter's and the senior's last chance for a championship. It is my hope that Grace shows up in FORCE with Brandon Herman the offensive genius who will need to play Hard D and spread the ball around. Carter, the defensive force, to find the weakness in Temple's defense to attack with singular purpose and score effectively. Patrick to bridge the gaps between these two, to pound in and play with energy and confidence as it has been shown again and again that one defender cannot stop him when he explodes towards the basket. Wally Foster to play good D and hit the open 3's. George to out run and out hustle his opponent. IT is also important that the refs protect the players and dont make calls that seem to be driven to even out one teams superiority over another. This is demonstrated when the big two gets no calls, especially down low as the opponents are free to foul at will with thier hands to get a rebound or stop a score vrs using thier feet to play straight up honest defense. If Grace does all this then they will deserve to taste success that no matter what the final score they play as champions.

This is game is scary for Grace fans I think because Temple has played well in stretches in each of the first two meetings. I really think it all boils down to foul trouble. Nobody in the Region can guard Sexton...he's just that good. He will get his points. If Kemp is not shooting the ball well tonight then it will be a long night for Temple...all that being said, if Sexton and Kemp are on the bench with fouls early, it won't matter.

Another point of interest...look to see how Nathan Rector plays tonight. He had a really good game against Grace last meeting, but it just wasn't enough b/c Sexton sat for a lot of the game.

This one goes to Grace, but it will be close.

Eagles 64

Crusaders 58