Rutledge Baseball

Grizzleypower

How will the Pioneers fair this year after losing 7 senior starters, can they even compete?

I have heard the Webster kid is pretty good but have they got anything else, but he is only a sophmore ?

Let's hear how you think this district will finish?

1=PF = New coach, who brought firepower

2=GP = Keeps improving

3=CG = Have been young

4=Union = Got the Pioneers last year

5=Rutledge= Rebuilding

6=Claiborne= As usual

But ya never know about them ole Pioneers, they may seeek into 2nd, good kids and a good staff!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does each team have returning and what players did they lose from last year? Know GP lost a couple of pretty good ball players. Who will step up and replace them? Why did Coach Quinn leave AC they seemed to have a solid program while he was there. What will pitching be like this year in the district, everyone knows that pitching is the difference maker.

How will the Pioneers fair this year after losing 7 senior starters, can they even compete?

I have heard the Webster kid is pretty good but have they got anything else, but he is only a sophmore ?

Let's hear how you think this district will finish?

1=PF = New coach, who brought firepower

2=GP = Keeps improving

3=CG = Have been young

4=Union = Got the Pioneers last year

5=Rutledge= Rebuilding

6=Claiborne= As usual

But ya never know about them ole Pioneers, they may seeek into 2nd, good kids and a good staff!!

1. Pigeon Forge - return everything except #2 pitcher. Added the Guinns. The seniors have played in two state tourney finals. Defending district champs

2. Cumberland Gap - lost Womack and Brannum. Should be improved if they can find some pitching. Will be interesting to see what impact the new coach has.

3. Union - lost Pratt, not sure what else. Snuck up on some teams the last two years.

4. Rutledge - lost almost everything. Have excellent baseball tradition and I'm sure they'd like to go out on top.

5. GP - lost the most after Rutlegde. Top two pitchers are gone, one of which was the primary catcher. Also the two best hitters. Need pitching to step up and bats to fill the middle of the order.

6. Claiborne - Don't know much about them. Haven't been real strong since the new school opened.

PATS08,

Have you followed this district very long?

1. Pigeon Forge is the team to beat, reloaded as usuall.

2. Cumberland Gap lost more than just those two. I think they graduated 4 or 5 seniors, correct me if im wrong.

3. Gatlinburg-Pittman lost 2 seniors only, returning the rest of the starters. The two they lost were not their leading hitters nor their top two pitchers. Capps was their ace and he will be missed, but Watson has been groomed for that role since he was a freshman. He is a junior who is throwing well and getting some attention already. The other pitcher that was lost who was also thier catcher only won 2 games with 8 ERA. hardly gonna be missed.

4. Union graduated their whole starting lineup as well and are rebuilding.

5. Rutledge lost alot of talent that went on to play college baseball over the past two years. They will be tuff as usuall due to the fact thier kids just know how to win. I think they are going to be young and should be back to a power house when they open in their new school.

6. Claiborne will be much as they have in the past. Also heard they hired a woman for the head coaching job. I believe in equal oppurtunity but shouldnt you have someone who has played the game to be the coach. It justs shows they care nothing about baseball in Claiborne.

PATS08,

Have you followed this district very long?

1. Pigeon Forge is the team to beat, reloaded as usuall.

2. Cumberland Gap lost more than just those two. I think they graduated 4 or 5 seniors, correct me if im wrong.

3. Gatlinburg-Pittman lost 2 seniors only, returning the rest of the starters. The two they lost were not their leading hitters nor their top two pitchers. Capps was their ace and he will be missed, but Watson has been groomed for that role since he was a freshman. He is a junior who is throwing well and getting some attention already. The other pitcher that was lost who was also thier catcher only won 2 games with 8 ERA. hardly gonna be missed.

4. Union graduated their whole starting lineup as well and are rebuilding.

5. Rutledge lost alot of talent that went on to play college baseball over the past two years. They will be tuff as usuall due to the fact thier kids just know how to win. I think they are going to be young and should be back to a power house when they open in their new school.

6. Claiborne will be much as they have in the past. Also heard they hired a woman for the head coaching job. I believe in equal oppurtunity but shouldnt you have someone who has played the game to be the coach. It justs shows they care nothing about baseball in Claiborne.

For GP to have any success, Watson will have to avoid the injury bug unlike last year. You may not agree with Pats08 but its hard to argue against losing two senior starters that did nothing but eat up innings while fighting through nagging injuries. And who exactly would be GP's best two hitters if not those two. They lost the older Barton who hit in the 3 hole the past 3 seasons with Capps right behind him. Barton hit .360 last year with ten more RBIs than anybody else on the team. The only one even close was his freshman brother. Capps led the team in extra base hits. Unless GP can learn to score runs of HBPs their offense will struggle.

cneagles13,

I knew I would bait you out. You didn't happen to wear the same number last year at GP as well did you? It's never good to brag on one's self. Yea you had a decent year. Remember I??™m close to the program in fact could have been a teammate for a short time. I'll put it like this i know of no nagging injuries. i remember that someone always seem to be having the flu when it was a crucial situation or needing to pitch. Therefore always having an excuse. As far as the top two hitters, I should have said it in a different way. You led the team in RBI's but they also had 2 people hit for better avg. including the little brother. That had to hurt! Also as far as having 10 more RBI's than anyone else, another exaggeration. The next closest was the little brother with only 5 less and two more people with only 7 less. As far as Capps as a hitter I remember many times he let us down with a pop fly. 8 other guys on the team hit for a better avg. and produced better stats. Extra base hits aren't a good stat when it is your only hits!

The comment about learning to score runs off of HBP is pretty sour coming from someone who claims to support the program. Sounds to me that you hold resentment against this team for some reason. I think your little brother will do a nice job stepping up and proving you wrong with a high avg. and a lot of run production this year. And as far as you knocking in all those runs, do you remember who hit in the 1 and 2 hole to be on base in front of you, yea they are returning to set the table for your brother. It stinks being a Barton and being wrong!

WOW Rutledge Baseball must be dead! Maybe they should just take the year off and practice so that they will be ready for the new school. Since every player from last years team has left the cupboard must be bare. I am being a little sarcastic here. Every team in the district is improving but people should not count Rutledge out. Yes they are young and unproven but that does not mean that they are not still talented. Pigeon Forge went through the same thing last year and had a very good year in the district. Heck they even won the district tournament (well kind of). Pigeon Forge should be the clear cut favorite because of what they have added and what they have coming back. I expect Rutledge to be there fighting in the end along with other district teams. GP, Union, Claborne, and Cumberland Gap will all have something to say before the district is decided. Me personally I would never count that Rutledge bunch out but this could be the year where the former district powerhouse gets roughed up by the teams they have dominated for years (excluding PF). Trust me though if Rutledge is down all the other teams in the district will enjoy kicking them while they are down.

Well this is going to be a good year for this district look for alot of good games i hear the Pf crew is going to be good i think the Gp bunch will be better than they were last year. Cg's new coach is working them good to they are going to be a good team look for some good games. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />