Rutledge Baseball

Grizzleypower

KevB, don't lock the thread. It's true. Rutledge had one player tossed, and rightly so, but the CG coach came onto the field after the runner and got himself tossed. The Rutledge player "freight trained" the CG catcher and was evicted. No need for the coach's assistance. Later on, a CG runner did exactly the same thing and was evicted. A CG player entered the field running his mouth and was also tossed. The Asst. Coach came out and pulled a Tommy LaSorda in the official's face and got tossed as well. Check out Grainger Today for a picture of the collision. Lucas Cope, the Rutledge catcher, took a lick, but held on to the ball. Webster ran in from the mound to restrain Cope and save the runner from sure pain. It WAS a sight to see!

Yea right you obviously don't know the kid who ran rutledge's catcher over your lucky he got ejected cause the second basemen of rutledge started running his mouth to his mother and he doesn't let anyone disrespect his mother but yea Webster and Cope both as well as the whole rutledge team would have been man handled if they wasn't a bunch of chickens. But the two plays were totally diffrent the CG catcher was standing over the plate when he got run over the Cope was up the line. This game started whats going to be a really interesting rivalry /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think all 3 players should have been thrown out of the game as well as the head Coach of the Gap bot the assiatant probably should not have been. As I seen it the Rutledge team was pretty classy for the most part but everyone has their own little version I guess, Oh and by the way I think the ole boys from Rutledge can handle theirselves so if your feelin froggy you might ought to stay in someones pocket , no need in anyone getting hurt now, it was just a good game that had a little physicalness about it that day I dont think any Rutledge people are upset, REMEMBER THESE ARE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah heres my thoughts G-P was right there for 5 innins but then the power of the future Grizzlies came to life, Rutledge wins 11-5, THE OLE PIONEERS ARE 7-0 IN THE DISTRICT, looks like a showdown next Mon and Tued for the District Championship with Pigeon Forge although the pIONEERS DO STILL HAVE A MAKEUP GAME WITH cUMBERLAND gAP SCHEDULED

Yeah heres my thoughts G-P was right there for 5 innins but then the power of the future Grizzlies came to life, Rutledge wins 11-5, THE OLE PIONEERS ARE 7-0 IN THE DISTRICT, looks like a showdown next Mon and Tued for the District Championship with Pigeon Forge although the pIONEERS DO STILL HAVE A MAKEUP GAME WITH cUMBERLAND gAP SCHEDULED

So how do you think Rutledge will fair with PF? GP took a lead into the 6th yesterday and then gave up 6 runs. Looked like GPs game until then.

That sounds to me like the mark of a well-coached program not rolling over when trailing in the late innings on Rutledge's part and inexperience of holding a slim lead late on G-P's part. Who knows how the PF game will turn out, but they're not just going to show up and win...

That would be fair assessment about PF. Coach was obviously concerned but never panicked.

Yea right you obviously don't know the kid who ran rutledge's catcher over your lucky he got ejected cause the second basemen of rutledge started running his mouth to his mother and he doesn't let anyone disrespect his mother but yea Webster and Cope both as well as the whole rutledge team would have been man handled if they wasn't a bunch of chickens. But the two plays were totally diffrent the CG catcher was standing over the plate when he got run over the Cope was up the line. This game started whats going to be a really interesting rivalry /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CGCrew346, Bunch of chickens? I believe it was the Rutledge team around home plate and you guys outside the fence where you were safe! Man handled? You've got to be kidding! I was there and saw it all myself. Both runners were outside the rule book with running over the catcher. If you doubt it, check with the newspaper photographer who has some interesting pictures that just might change your tune. By the way, I overheard the field umpire making arrangements to have those pictures sent to him for TSSAA review. I asked to see the pictures and you just might want to back off. Where do you get a "bunch of chickens"? I didn't see anyone from the Rutledge team backing down from anything. I've got a novel idea. Why don't you purchase the coaches an official copy of TSSAA baseball rules and underline the paragraph where it explains what a runner has to do if the ball is in the catcher's mit. If you can read, you might want to read it too. Plain and simple, just for you, the Rutledge player was wrong in running down the CG catcher. The CG runner was wrong in RETALIATING when he got the chance. Both payed for what they did outside the rules. Rutledge coaches had enough sense to stay inside the dugout and handle things the correct way. Rutledge player got 2 games suspension, CG players got 2 games suspension, and coaches got 2 games suspension. By the way, who paid their fines? Send me your address and I'll mail you a box of real soft tissue to wipe the tears out of your little eyes. By the way, you don't want any of Webster, and you especially don't want any of Cope. They are men, not little boys who stay behind the fence and cry. Boo hoo hoo!