Interesting Article

Nainten

This article has the wrestling communities nationwide in a tizzy. With NCAA D1 programs falling left and right -- U of Oregon being the latest major program to get the axe -- I thought some of you might enjoy reading this young man's drivel along with many of the calm, well reasoned /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> responses he has gotten as comments. Enjoy and chime in by all means.

Jeffrey Dransfeldt says sayonara to Oregon Wrestling

Oh, and you will love his photo.

This article has the wrestling communities nationwide in a tizzy. With NCAA D1 programs falling left and right -- U of Oregon being the latest major program to get the axe -- I thought some of you might enjoy reading this young man's drivel along with many of the calm, well reasoned /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> responses he has gotten as comments. Enjoy and chime in by all means.

Jeffrey Dransfeldt says sayonara to Oregon Wrestling

Oh, and you will love his photo.

I see someone else probably follows the USA Wrestling message boards at themat.com. I have been highly entertained by this one recently. Have you read some of the letters sent in to the editor(s) and some of the replys those guys have received?

i dont know if ya'll saw the number of responses that article received, quite a few to say the least. i think it would be safe to say that the author of the article is probably wishing he hadn't written it. the guy had pathetic points about why wrestling should be dropped at Oregon, not to mention outright selfish. i stopped reading people's responses after the first page mainly because i don't have the time to read them all but i'd say there has been a point made.

i liked the response about how Nike should pony up some change and save the program.

i dont know if ya'll saw the number of responses that article received, quite a few to say the least. i think it would be safe to say that the author of the article is probably wishing he hadn't written it. the guy had pathetic points about why wrestling should be dropped at Oregon, not to mention outright selfish. i stopped reading people's responses after the first page mainly because i don't have the time to read them all but i'd say there has been a point made.

i liked the response about how Nike should pony up some change and save the program.

On the ODE website they had over 500 (last time I check last night) responses. You should read more of them when you get the time. Some of them are pretty funny. If you survey fora throughout the internet (wrestling ones anyway) you will see strings on some dedicated to this article. I first read about it on Wrestling Report, but The Mat's addressed it and Intermat has a link to it as well. I just thought is was funny that his whole thesis is that essentially no one cares about wrestling -- especially him with his ax to grind -- then he gets lambasted by folks from all over the U.S. for essentially being a pencil-necked weenie. I think perhaps, ironically, most of the "off with his head!" clamor is coming from everywhere throughout the country except the Oregon University wrestling faithful.

I see someone else probably follows the USA Wrestling message boards at themat.com. I have been highly entertained by this one recently. Have you read some of the letters sent in to the editor(s) and some of the replys those guys have received?

Yeah, a lot of vitriol spewing. Some of it quite funny. I do drop in on The Mat from time to time to see if there is a nugget about college wrestling. I prefer Wrestling Report as they tend to address things beyond "Who is the best blah blah blah out there?" or "Who would win between Gable and Schalles?" Also it can quickly degenerate into a mosh pit so to speak. Wrestling Report's college forum is better IMO but it has it's idiosyncracies as well. Wrestling Report is also more East-centric.