Related to Bear Cat Brown?

Cretinfromthesticks

While waiting for the end of the year message from Bear Cat Brown, I began contemplating the origin of my moniker or, "Just what did that lady really mean when she said that?"

It didn't take much time on the web to discover that, unlike the hurtful term many folks connect with the word "Cretin', us "Cretins from the sticks" have much in common with good old Bear Cat Brown. In fact, Joseph Cretin was the first Roman Catholic Bishop of Saint Paul, Minnesota for whom Cretin High School (founded as a secondary school for boys in 1871), now Cretin-Derham Hall High School, a Catholic co-educational high school, was named. And yes, they wrestle. Alas, they aren't called the "Irish", but still, in that we share such a rich heritage, is it possible that Bear Cat Brown and us Cretins are distant cousins?

While waiting for the end of the year message from Bear Cat Brown, I began contemplating the origin of my moniker or, "Just what did that lady really mean when she said that?"

It didn't take much time on the web to discover that, unlike the hurtful term many folks connect with the word "Cretin', us "Cretins from the sticks" have much in common with good old Bear Cat Brown. In fact, Joseph Cretin was the first Roman Catholic Bishop of Saint Paul, Minnesota for whom Cretin High School (founded as a secondary school for boys in 1871), now Cretin-Derham Hall High School, a Catholic co-educational high school, was named. And yes, they wrestle. Alas, they aren't called the "Irish", but still, in that we share such a rich heritage, is it possible that Bear Cat Brown and us Cretins are distant cousins?

Are you sure you really want to know?

I have always thought that BCB was a Cretin. I'm sure there are others, like grappler, keefjams, stovepipe, and now Lady Cali, who have thought that as well. I'm glad to see that my belief is well-founded and that you have found each other.

You are correct that Cretin-Derham does wrestle. Since their team color is purple, they do not have the temerity to call themselves "Irish" like a certain middle Tennessee school does. Instead, they call themselves the "Raiders" which should be near and dear to BCB's heart since, as we have seen all this season, BCB is a paid promoter of the TBSFBAG "Red Raiders".

http://www.raiderwrestling.net/