CPA 51, Giles Co. 48 - Lions Region 5-AA Champs

PageMan

Miller was off from the 3, but only took 3 jumpers for the night, made one, was fouled on the other in which he hit two free throws and missed one. As was stated in a previous post, the game plan was obviously to get Z the ball and make Giles County stop him. CPA was able to win but I think CPA will struggle at Murfreesboro if they do not get all five starters involved in the offense.

CPA had an off night shooting, and got outrebounded, but remember, GC is a good team with good athletes. Bottom line, CPA found a way to win on an off night. All teams have some off nights, but most won't win when they have them against a good team. Credit CPA for finding a way to win despite shooting woes and losing the rebounding battle.

It is easy to criticize Z for lack of rebounds, but what you have to understand is that he is very active contesting shots and helping out on defense. He doesn't just stand under the basket and wait for the rebound. If he did, he would get more rebounds. So, when he contests the shot it opens up the other players to get the rebound, especially if they are quick.

I believe CPA has rebounded better and they didn't box out well last night, but I also believe they will "rebound" (play on words) as they are winners and have a good coach.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As good a player as Z Mason is, he still has room for improvement. He has periods of laziness where he doesn't work hard, especially on the defensive rebounds. Then, he'll wake up and take over both ends of the court. The key for CPA to continue to win is to help Z realize he needs to come with the A game of all aspects of his game for the entire game.

what a great game this was. i thought CPA played a really solid game. as a spectator, this was the most thrilling game i've seen in awhile. other than the game GC played the previous night against David Lipscomb.

z mason had an amazing first half. 18 points i believe. Im not sure why, but GC put Franklin guarding him in the first. Franklin did an okay job, but Mason was just too tall for him. When they switched and put C Holt on Z, i was afraid he would just be too much for Holt to handle. BUT, CHolt did an outstanding job the second half. Mason has probably 50 lbs of muscle on him. It was a tough job for holt, but i thought he played well. I believe he too had 5 or 6 blocks. and MANY boards. once holt decided to square up and attack mason, it was a different story down low for the GC offense.

I feel like it was rather smart of the CPA team to stall the ball as much as they could. I feel like their coach recognized that those GC boys wouldnt quit and put the lions back on their heels. Had they not held the ball as much as they did, GC's comeback battle might have been a total upset and success.

I also felt like GC out hustled and out positioned the lions. Having said that, it does show the persistence of the CPA squad to have such an off night and come out with the win. I thought this game was an all around battle, and having the GC boys win the last 3 quarters shows their heart. Had they started the game with the intensity that they started the 2nd quarter with, I believe that CPA would be traveling to their sectional game, and the cats would be hosting.

GC- great game, great heart, great attitude at the end.

CPA- keep up the good work..

what a great game this was. i thought CPA played a really solid game. as a spectator, this was the most thrilling game i've seen in awhile. other than the game GC played the previous night against David Lipscomb.

z mason had an amazing first half. 18 points i believe. Im not sure why, but GC put Franklin guarding him in the first. Franklin did an okay job, but Mason was just too tall for him. When they switched and put C Holt on Z, i was afraid he would just be too much for Holt to handle. BUT, CHolt did an outstanding job the second half. Mason has probably 50 lbs of muscle on him. It was a tough job for holt, but i thought he played well. I believe he too had 5 or 6 blocks. and MANY boards. once holt decided to square up and attack mason, it was a different story down low for the GC offense.

I feel like it was rather smart of the CPA team to stall the ball as much as they could. I feel like their coach recognized that those GC boys wouldnt quit and put the lions back on their heels. Had they not held the ball as much as they did, GC's comeback battle might have been a total upset and success.

I also felt like GC out hustled and out positioned the lions. Having said that, it does show the persistence of the CPA squad to have such an off night and come out with the win. I thought this game was an all around battle, and having the GC boys win the last 3 quarters shows their heart. Had they started the game with the intensity that they started the 2nd quarter with, I believe that CPA would be traveling to their sectional game, and the cats would be hosting.

GC- great game, great heart, great attitude at the end.

CPA- keep up the good work..

a good post from a well-educated fan /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />