Goalies

timeforsoccer

CAK's keeper is a senior, Luke Bonewitz. He is an excellent goalie, who had the "unfortunate" position of being behind 2 all state goal keepers of Drew Gorman and Brent Davidson for the past few years. Luke has great technical skill, but just lacked game experience (it is hard enough to play 2 goal keepers in a season, let alone 3 with our schedule). He got a lot of time on JV last year (he played on both squads so he could at least get some game time) but he is diving in head first this season! He has done very well so far, and had some great saves against Maryville and Farragut. He also was unanimously selected as one of our captains this year, which says a lot about his character.

He is also attending West Point next year and is one of the finest young men you will ever meet. He can also rip a phone book in half with his bare hands. No joke. I have seen him do it. It is quite impressive.

yes i agree, he is a great young man.

Um i was very impressed with the goalie from Karns in the Karns/Catholic game. He had some unbelievable saves.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour has two quality keepers, seniors Garrett Becker and Garrison Taylor. Becker has more experience and played in some of the bigger games last year. He made all-district and all-region last year. Taylor is more aggressive and being looked at by some small colleges. Keep an eye on these guys if you get a chance to see them play.

Bryan Bristol from BGA is the best keeper with a bad defence I have ever seen

Yeah, anyone who was paying attention to DII soccer a couple of years ago remembers Jason Bristol. Well Ryan, Jason's little brother, has got the physical ability and the skills to be a great goaltender. I don't know if Coach Lape is still working with the keepers there but if he is he will definately help Ryan to be better every day. Lookout for this kid cause he is, and is gonna continue to be very good.

Best goalie would hahve to be Chandler Farmer for Independence High. Has not had a goal scores on him th past 8 games.

I would have to agree. Last year chandler really stepped it up when we had to make changes in our goal. He made some good saves including some pk blocks from teams like bearden, father ryan, and MBA. I would imagine he's alot better if they havent been scored on in eight games.

I also think jordan leedle from brentwood, hes an overall good keeper, but he still needs to grow as a player if he's playing college ball.

Steven Matlock is the younger keeper at Farragut. He is splitting time with Jon Beaver as of now. I think the starting spot is up in the air

Well I think im pretty good, but I don't know if 79 saves and 8 goals allowed is close to being good since noone ever sends in stats including us(Claiborne County) Is it true that the referees send the stats in? If so Cliaborne County doesn't have any.