Chattanooga area top 10

Indian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good wins. Is anyone calling them into the Chattanooga paper. Some schools have gotten into the habit of calling in their away games too since some schools just won't do it especially after losses.

Nope. Walker Valley, Cleveland, and Bradley for some reason don't put their scores in the Chattanoogan or Free Press, but they do put them in the local Cleveland Daily Banner.

Raider":2bh42mqi]

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Last time I checked Mt. Juliet wasn't in the Chattanooga Area.

They are not in the top 4 in the Mid State! They better get it together or they could be number 3 behind their neighbors down the road! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Raider":whp89ay9]

Nope. Walker Valley, Cleveland, and Bradley for some reason don't put their scores in the Chattanoogan or Free Press, but they do put them in the local Cleveland Daily Banner.

Cleveland called in their score to the paper the other day, against McMinn Central. Coaches should and hopefully do understand calling in who has a double and how many strikeouts their pitcher had isn't nearly the same as the #3 hitter has trouble with the offspeed pitches, etc. Not calling in games hurts the players when it comes to postseason mention and award but you have the same complaining each year by fans and by some coaches, after the writers don't get much at all on those players during the season. The Free Press definitely looks at cooperation on stats and information for such things.

1-GPS

2-Ooltewah

3-Baylor

4-Hixson

5-Soddy-Daisy

6-Red Bank

7-Rhea County

8-Whitwell

9-Bradley Central

10-Meigs County

Honorable mentions (not necessarily in order) Grace, Chattanooga Christian, Polk County, Sequatchie, Boyd-Buchanan, Walker Valley, Cleveland

I would rank the teams like this

1. GPS

2. Ooltewah

3. Baylor

4. Soddy Daisy

5. Red Bank

6. Hixson

8. Chattanooga Central

9 . Bradley Central

10. Whitwell

I dropped Meigs from the list because they got beat convincingly in the Tiger Classic, but it definately could have been a bad game.

Raider":1uq70937]

I would rank the teams like this

1. GPS

2. Ooltewah

3. Baylor

4. Soddy Daisy

5. Red Bank

6. Hixson

8. Chattanooga Central

9 . Bradley Central

10. Whitwell

I dropped Meigs from the list because they got beat convincingly in the Tiger Classic, but it definately could have been a bad game.

Who beat Meigs? I usually give less importance to tournament games since it might be a second or third pitcher taking the circle for a team that loses, but if it's head to head that's still a way to rank teams like this. That's not too much different than what I'd have it except for Red Bank being below Hixson and Soddy-Daisy. I'd also have Central outside the top 10 since they lost 8-2 to Meigs and I think just beat Sale Creek 2-1.