Motlow Signees

chic

It's not really that bad. First of all, let's look at the numbers. Twelve new ones coming in and six returning players. In my opinion (which carries no weight by the way) about 16 of those 18 have a legitimate shot of having success of one degree or another on the college level.

Of those 16, three are pitchers (two starters and, hopefully, a closer-reliever-spot starter). That leaves 13 players for the eight regular positions.

That means five will be on the bench while eight are playing. One of those five will be the DH because there is an abundance of players who can really swing the bat. That leaves four on the bench. Keep in mind that they play double-headers every time they play and there will be 60-70 games total. It won't be a problem swapping those four players with four others between first and second games of double-headers, and everyone still gets plenty of action. That's the way coach Barfield has done it in past years, and by the end of the year it's pretty clear to everyone, including the girls, who the best players are and it's not very hard to settle on a tournament lineup. There is usually much less substitution during the tournament.

On top of all that, keep in mind that it's not unusual for one or two girls to decide they don't really enjoy the college game and move on to other things.

My point exactly. The reason those few good ball players quit is because they aren't getting play time. I wander how many of these girls would have signed if they would have known that they were going to be that many other girls signing.

well having seen them play alot since coach b has been the head coach there one thing that has been constant and that is he PLAYS THE BEST PLAYERS and if all is even, ability level for example, and they all work hard they will all get playing time. but in sports some play and some sit thats just the breaks. i think most of these girls wanted to be apart of something special and on a really good team. competition is what drives players to get better. and sometimes ya either get better or get left behind. and knowing coach b like i do i would say he told these young ladies that he was bringing in alot of good players. because most true players want to be pushed by other good players. and they want to play with other good players. its all about the program and the team not a couple individuals