Darian Brown resigns at LHS

Eddie

My sincere apologies on this matter. I want to see LHS go all the way in everything they do. I know this young girl is a great player. But in the past other coaches have overlooked a lot of players just because of one.I seen this happen over the years and that is the reason there has been players go to other schools and I do not blame them. I understand there is an "I" in win but it takes good team bonding to accomplish that. I think the new coach will be awsome this year and I believe the girls will be fired up come opening night. I think I was miffed about LHS loosing such good coaches and it being blamed on the LHS administration. The school board sets the salaries and when they do that the principles just do not have much control over money... I think in 2 years (with the help of the upcoming player) Lebanon will be raising a state championship banner. PHargis... I aapreciate all you say about LHS. Its a great school and good things are going to happen there, you know it and so do I... Again I meant no hard feelings towards anyone... The devilettes has a team of stars now and upcoming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This poster understands the frustration LHS fans have had in the past and IMO, LHS has lost enough players for whatever reason to have had a State Championship. If this continues, there will be nothing left. The program the past two years made great strides and it has been obvious the attitudes had changed and the Devilettes have been feared as contenders. Another coach is in place and evidently well thought of and that is difficult to find with a person her age. She needs the fans of LHS to help and be supportive and to not heavily impress on any above average player coming out of the MS program, and there are more than this one, that they should not look to LHS first is not the right thing to do. There have been enough great players come out of Lebanon that they need to be encouraged to "Stay and Play". That is the logo. "Stay and Play" If there are 10 "Division I" prospects, so be it.

You were posting against a Division II asst coach who this poster considers one of the best technically in the Mid State. That is a private school not in Wilson County. He knows what you have posted is correct and knows the great players who have left there. All of the Lebanon fans know what has happened there . None of you want the program back to where it was. YOU CAN HELP TAKE CARE OF THE SITUATION TO HELP THIS COACH. I know you will. Don't let the past overwhelm you. Cooperate with this coach. She knows what she needs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing the Lebanon girls DO NOT NEED is someone who thinks they are the team. Everyone on the current team knows there is NO "I" in team. Just because Fox's grandfather is the mayor of Lebanon.does not mean he is going to fix anything at LHS. I have heard people say if things do not go right at LHS that she will go to FCS. She is a heck of a player... but do not throw threats out there like that. When you have someone that comes in to a program that and thinks that they are a walk-on to the varsity team without no problem... a lot of her teamates are going to have hard feelings towards her. Thats not fair to either. As far as getting it together and keeping coaches and a good staff at LHS... THE WILSON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD is the cause of that problem. Pay these people what they need to be paid and for goodness sakes... BUILD THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

One thing the Lebanon girls DO NOT NEED is someone who thinks they are the team. Everyone on the current team knows there is NO "I" in team. Just because Fox's grandfather is the mayor of Lebanon.does not mean he is going to fix anything at LHS. I have heard people say if things do not go right at LHS that she will go to FCS. She is a heck of a player... but do not throw threats out there like that. When you have someone that comes in to a program that and thinks that they are a walk-on to the varsity team without no problem... a lot of her teamates are going to have hard feelings towards her. Thats not fair to either. As far as getting it together and keeping coaches and a good staff at LHS... THE WILSON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD is the cause of that problem. Pay these people what they need to be paid and for goodness sakes... BUILD THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Wow haven read through several of these remarks it saddens me and I really hope that the Fox Camp does not get a hold of this and decide to go across the county to another school. If this girl is as good as you say she is it is not because she is an "I" player it would more likely be because she is a team player and one would think that LHS would welcome the arrival to another one. And as for the existing team there are many rising stars on the team already that you overlooked and I am sure they would welcome one more on the team if that time comes. But it really blows my mind that a parent would speak of a 8th grader like this, not to mention then to throw other family members into the mix. One would wonder exactly what your intentions are entirely. It is really sad and part of the problem when parents get involved and make remarks such as this about a young person who probably simply just loves the game and Shows up to Play the game.

Wow haven read through several of these remarks it saddens me and I really hope that the Fox Camp does not get a hold of this and decide to go across the county to another school. If this girl is as good as you say she is it is not because she is an "I" player it would more likely be because she is a team player and one would think that LHS would welcome the arrival to another one. And as for the existing team there are many rising stars on the team already that you overlooked and I am sure they would welcome one more on the team if that time comes. But it really blows my mind that a parent would speak of a 8th grader like this, not to mention then to throw other family members into the mix. One would wonder exactly what your intentions are entirely. It is really sad and part of the problem when parents get involved and make remarks such as this about a young person who probably simply just loves the game and Shows up to Play the game.

WELL SAID!THIS YOUNG LADY IS ONLY 13YRS. OLD.IT IS REALLY SAD THAT A PARENT WILL MAKE REMARKS,USUALLY OUT OF JEALOUSLY TOWARD A YOUNG PERSON.LHS HAS GOT TO HAVE PLAYERS LIKE FOX IN ORDER TO COMPETE IN THE STATE TOURN.WE HAVE WATCHED THIS GIRL PLAY FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND YES SHE IS THE REAL DEAL,BUT SHE DOES NOT NEED THIS TALK GOING ON ABOUT HER.TEAM WORK IS GOING TO BE THE KEY FOR SUCCESS AT LHS,NOT JUST ONE.

There are alot of upcoming players from another school that you all haven't seem to see yet. The players that are already at Lebanon, and upcoming from WJB, as well as Carroll Oakland, Lebanon has a future that will be big. Carroll Oakland has a lot of talent, that will make some noise. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

There are alot of upcoming players from another school that you all haven't seem to see yet. The players that are already at Lebanon, and upcoming from WJB, as well as Carroll Oakland, Lebanon has a future that will be big. Carroll Oakland has a lot of talent, that will make some noise. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Are these Middle Schools? If they are, the question has NEVER been the talent, not in a 100 years. The question is can your current coach continue the upbeat play and attractiveness at LHS that Darian Brown started to get these players to attend there. And will the fans accept that a LHS team can have more than 5 or 6 good players and can the players accept the fact that it will take 10-12 very good players to play at the level LHS is capable and can the LHS coach keep those 10-12 players focused on the goal at hand. Hummmm, that is a community and School effort and quite a job for a coach just stepping in to the situation but it can be done........................with everyone's help.

Are these Middle Schools? If they are, the question has NEVER been the talent, not in a 100 years. The question is can your current coach continue the upbeat play and attractiveness at LHS that Darian Brown started to get these players to attend there. And will the fans accept that a LHS team can have more than 5 or 6 good players and can the players accept the fact that it will take 10-12 very good players to play at the level LHS is capable and can the LHS coach keep those 10-12 players focused on the goal at hand. Hummmm, that is a community and School effort and quite a job for a coach just stepping in to the situation but it can be done........................with everyone's help.

Yes, these are Middle Schools, and can the current coach continue the upbeat?? yes, I beleive she can, BUT the players as well have to stay upbeat and beleive in themselves. Coaches can only do so much, It has to come from the heart of each player and how bad they want it....... Yes, with everyone's help it can be done.