Darian Brown resigns at LHS

Eddie

Missy Donaldson did have some success at Coffee County, but was run-off from both there and Smyrna because of character issues. Lamb/Thompson was a head coach at Unionville and had no major success there before moving to be an assistant at Shelbville. Woosley was named head coach at either Lincoln or maybe Franklin County several years back and I believe lasted only a year before being replaced. I don't equate AAU coaching with high school coaching. It is really an apples to oranges comparison. Developing and maintaining a program is not the same thing as coaching an all-star team.

You nailed it, Badhat!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missy Donaldson did have some success at Coffee County, but was run-off from both there and Smyrna because of character issues. Lamb/Thompson was a head coach at Unionville and had no major success there before moving to be an assistant at Shelbville. Woosley was named head coach at either Lincoln or maybe Franklin County several years back and I believe lasted only a year before being replaced. I don't equate AAU coaching with high school coaching. It is really an apples to oranges comparison. Developing and maintaining a program is not the same thing as coaching an all-star team.

BH, you not only nailed it but this is one of the best posts I have see.

• 2 weeks later...

I think overall the team is excited about the new coach. She will do well if she gets the backing from the parents and the community. I think only one of the freshman has decided not to play next year. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I think overall the team is excited about the new coach. She will do well if she gets the backing from the parents and the community. I think only one of the freshman has decided not to play next year. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

She will have a lot to do with the backing of parents and fans. If the players see she is there to help them win, everything will do all right. If she gets most of the kids out of the local MS, things will do real good. Good Luck to all.

Shelbyville and MTSU

Give she and her staff credit and an A tor transition, she is not missing a beat so far. Good Luck LHS.

Now it deals with motivating players, parents and fans, keeping a booster club rejuvinated and then winning some games. If all of this can be done the first season, this is a great find of a coach and all can learn how this coach was recruited. She must be a great teacher and organizer to have come this far this quick.

I predict that LHS is going to be in the same place they were last year. Coach Johnson has got the team pumped up and they have not looked bad at their first camp.

If that happens, LHS will have made some strides in having changed coaches, losing some good seniors and keeping the bar high. But you realize LHS nust have had some goals in their own minds and they were not those you have mentioned. And you realize, just the player Elie, who can be a dominent player as she was the last of the year along with the DEVELOPMENT OF OTHERS can eclipse your prediction. This poster predicts that your prediction is not close to the place they will try to achieve but 7AAA is a tough place to be especially the last half of the season and a time under classman from every team have to step and the season will be interesting.

The other thing that is beginning to take place is that two of the young coaches what have entered the Middle Tennesse scene will very likely make an Impact on their Districts. One, certainly is the coach from LHS which is off to a good start and the other is the Coach from Gallatin who was an asst coach from Cumberland County. Yes, there are good Assistant Coaches out there that are looking for head coaching. Both of these coaches are female

and were looking for a chance to make their place. There are others, at a time when the supply of coaches seem to be a little depleated or not ready for another challenge. This is quite unusual for Middle Tennessee a hotbed of great girls basketball. Some say that the lack of good asst coaches is the reason for some of the turnover of head coaches recently but others say that for head coaches to turn over more the reins of the day to day operations to qualified assts. to allow head coaches to expand and build their programs is a necessity which has to happen. Sometimes that is a little hard to do and an initial selection of those helping is more important. The head coaching ranks in MT are in good hands with the exception of a few schools who are trying to fill their ranks and the upcoming season looks to be very strong.