5 rivers Confernce

dc32Robj

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VHS has improved with the coach finally getting his system in place but they lost alot of talent to graduation.

West will be different with a new QB and a new head coach.

East brings back alot but they also did last year and lost them all to injury.

DC improves every year as of late.

GV had one of its better years in a while and I expect more of the same.

Cherokee is always a question.

Cocke co. should be more of the same until a new coach can build that program from the ground up.

Daniel Boone always plays tough and even in a down year can shock anybody in the conference.

Just off the top of my head:

1.?

2.?

3.?

4.?

5.?

6.?

7.?

8.Cocke co.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I thought I would add a few opinions on the conference teams:

Volunteer - Although they lost 19 seniors last year who had pretty much been starting since sophmores they will have in the neighborhood of 22 seniors this year. All of these guys have been in Coach Riders system for sometime now and I believe he'll have them ready to play. I think they will be a little bit small this year but look for a very fast team on both sides of the ball. Coach Rider promoted Coach Porter to assistant head coach and that will definitely be a big plus, I believe Rider has all the pieces in place in his coaching staff and only look for them to improve this team every year.

Greenville - I believe this will be the team to beat again next year. Their new coach will have his feet under him better and will start getting things put in place as he likes them. I'm not sure how many seniors they lost or who is even coming back but like I said I think they are the team to beat.

MoWest- This is a tough one to call with all the changes that will be going on down there, but they always seem to have a solid team every year with "ALOT" of players and good athletes. I expect them to be around the top of conference standing at the end of the year.

Cherokee -

Sorry gotta run real quick I'll finish this later and post the rest.

What will be the outcome of this season? Who is the team to beat? Top to bottom, Whats every ones opinion on the Rankings

I think the conferecne plays out like this.....

1-Greenville

2-West

3-East

4-Cherokee-Crockett-Volunteer

5-Cherokee-Crockett-Volunteer

6-Cherokee-Crockett-Volunteer

7-Boone

8-Cocke County

East wrapped up spring with a dominate scrimmage against Heritage and the Campbell co. scrimmage was canceled due to weather. The D has alot coming back and looked solid. Tee Howell and others looked great on offense and the O line is vastly improved. The Soph. and juniors from last season have really gotten bigger, stronger and faster. I will make no position prediction yet but I will say that they will win more than the 5 they won in 07' and make the playoffs. They are going to be a good football team............IF they stay healthy in 08'.

I'll try and finish my comments on the five rivers with what limited knowledge I have of the teams so far.

Cherokee - I think they lost alot of talent at graduation and I feel they will have an uphill season this year. I'm not sure who they will start at QB this year after Cantrell (who in my opinion was a fine QB and athlete with a good head on his shoulders) but like I said I believe they will have a tough year.

Boone - I dont know enough about them to really say anything other than they always seem to have a good running game but I don't know how graduation affected them either. But they are always tough and could end up playing spoiler in the conference.

MoEast - I think they will have a really good team this year with alot of good returning talent, but I think it will suprise everyone that they will be mid-pack at best in the conference this year. Look for this team to be very fast!!!!

Davy Crockett - This is a team that should make alot of improvement this year but until the coaching comes around a bit more and the team begins to believe then I still think they are near the bottom of the pack.

Cocke County - What a mess! I really feel sorry for these kids not getting what they need to play competitively and become a team. Until they get a feeder program, coaching, conditioning, etc... the program will continue to be at the bottom of the conference. They always play their hearts out and come to play hard so the boys should be respected and commended for their efforts.

I'm looking forward to an exciting year and just hope and pray that all the boys remain injury free!