Riverdale AD?

Lost Old Dad

No offense with this statement, but this is Riverdale High School not Cheatham County. Aydelott must hire someone with experience and knowledge to get the job done. This hire needs to come from someone from a successful 5A program in the Mid-State.

The former DC at Sycamore (in Cheatham County) has been DC at Smyrna the past 2 years. He has done OK. Guys that are good coaches can coach at any high school level. I'm surprised you did not bring this up Big Catfish Hunter.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Aydelott was a state runner-up on two seperate occasions, a state semifinalist on two seperate occasions, as well as a state champion on one occasion at Hillsboro.

That's just Hillsboro..................which too isn't Riverdale /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Since he's been at Riverdale he has lost in the quarterfinals and lost in the second round. Those two Riverdale squads were by far superior to what the 2008 version of the Riverdale Warriors will be. THAT IS UNLESS A LOT OF TRANSFERS START COMING IN THE DOOR!!!!!

All I am saying is that successful 4A & 5A coaches are not always as smart as they seem when judging their records. Aydelott will be fortunate to make the state quarterfinals in 2008 as the head football coach at RHS.

At Hillsboro that was a disappointing season under Aydelott. Under Rankin two playoff losses like the last two years have presented would have been considered as being disasterous.

Heard patterson may be trying to get out of riverdale. He would do an excellent job. Who cares where hes from. Good coaches are good coaches. Lombardi and parcells started off in high school coaching.Riverdale better get the we're better than you mentality gone and start to attack things with the attitude of returning to prominance. They are still a great program of course. not meaning any disrespect.

The former DC at Sycamore (in Cheatham County) has been DC at Smyrna the past 2 years. He has done OK. Guys that are good coaches can coach at any high school level. I'm surprised you did not bring this up Big Catfish Hunter.

SK has been the defensive coordinator for two years at Smyrna and has won two state titles in those two years. I believe he was the defensive coordinator for two years at Sycamore in 2004 & 2005. The War Eagles missed the playoffs both of those years.

Surely if he was a coordinator for a 3A school that missed the playoffs then he'd certainly fail as a coordinator at the 5A level right?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

THANK YOU!!!! Your point has backed up what I was arguing to BlueRaiderfan very well. Having success at the 5A level does not automatically mean you are a great coach.

SK has been the defensive coordinator for two years at Smyrna and has won two state titles in those two years. I believe he was the defensive coordinator for two years at Sycamore in 2004 & 2005. The War Eagles missed the playoffs both of those years.

Surely if he was a coordinator for a 3A school that missed the playoffs then he'd certainly fail as a coordinator at the 5A level right?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

THANK YOU!!!! Your point has backed up what I was arguing to BlueRaiderfan very well. Having success at the 5A level does not automatically mean you are a great coach.

As i said before. coach patterson would do a great job. The most important part of the job is that a coach is good with kids and they will play hard for him. Coach patterson has this trait and knows x's and o's.

As i said before. coach patterson would do a great job. The most important part of the job is that a coach is good with kids and they will play hard for him. Coach patterson has this trait and knows x's and o's.

I don't know if Patterson would do a good job or not, but I am saying that Riverdale has different expectations than Cheatham County where winning 7 games is amazing. Competing against Lipscomb and Sycamore is nothing like what you face in 5A football week in and out.

I really am not trying to argue, but I will point out that SHS gave up almost 500 yards rushing to Riverdale (a one dimensional offense) during the regular season in 2006 and over 350 yards during SHS's victory in the playoffs that same year. Smyrna's defense while being improved, has not been the impetus for their improvement. Smyrna's improvement can be directly traced back to Sonny Gray and their quarterback coach who came from MTSU.

Heard patterson may be trying to get out of riverdale. He would do an excellent job. Who cares where hes from. Good coaches are good coaches. Lombardi and parcells started off in high school coaching.Riverdale better get the we're better than you mentality gone and start to attack things with the attitude of returning to prominance. They are still a great program of course. not meaning any disrespect.

I think if you research it you will see where both Lombardi (Green Bay) and Parcells (Giants) took over losing programs before turning them into winners. Riverdale is not a losing program. The only place for Riverdale to go is down.

I really am not trying to argue, but I will point out that SHS gave up almost 500 yards rushing to Riverdale (a one dimensional offense) during the regular season in 2006 and over 350 yards during SHS's victory in the playoffs that same year. Smyrna's defense while being improved, has not been the impetus for their improvement. Smyrna's improvement can be directly traced back to Sonny Gray and their quarterback coach who came from MTSU.

Exactly on the money with your post. Smyrna has never been known as a defensive team in the eyes of the region. As long as Sonny has been around ( 4 yrs), they have been known for their offense. Coach Robbins got the best out of everyone at that place. Riverdale has been known as being pretty balanced, but has posted shut-outs over the years to really declare them as a defensive school. LaVergne is known as an offensive program, while Oakland is known for its defense. Wilson Central.......their offense. Lebanon......their special teams. Siegel....their defense. Blackman.....w.ell........haven't figured that one out yet to tell the truth.

What position does Patterson coach at RHS?

You make great points Coach Robbins is an unbelievable coach. The facts are for 2 years Smyrna has played great defense down the stretch. Most would be willing to give up 350 to a great offense as long as there is 9-7 on the board when the buzzer blows anyday. The vaunted Riverdale D gave up 35 to WC when a week laterSmyrna gave up 7 to the same WC offense. Smyrna has highs and lows but works out the kinks come playoff time. A + 17 turnover ratio in the playoffs this year wasnt bad. the only team to have any success against Smyrna in the playoffs this year was Bearden and that wasnt till 6 minutes to go in the game. 2 gold balls says it all. Peaking at the rigght time is very important. Riverdale seems to peak and peter out after the regular season Smyrna game for some reason. Maybe they need to get rings that say we beat Smyrna. And Patterson is an excellent coach.

Exactly on the money with your post. Smyrna has never been known as a defensive team in the eyes of the region. As long as Sonny has been around ( 4 yrs), they have been known for their offense. Coach Robbins got the best out of everyone at that place. Riverdale has been known as being pretty balanced, but has posted shut-outs over the years to really declare them as a defensive school. LaVergne is known as an offensive program, while Oakland is known for its defense. Wilson Central.......their offense. Lebanon......their special teams. Siegel....their defense. Blackman.....w.ell........haven't figured that one out yet to tell the truth.

What position does Patterson coach at RHS?

You make good points and patterson coaches linebackers