District 9AAA

SHSBaseballLaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin beat Smyrna 2-0

Boyd pitched a terrific game but the Bulldogs couldn't get it done when it mattered...

I swear someone should wake them up...they can be some of the most immature noncaring players in the State. I drove all that way to see them play and they came out and handed Gallatin the game. Smyrna should have won...but they didn't want it at all.

Gallatin beat Smyrna 2-0

Boyd pitched a terrific game but the Bulldogs couldn't get it done when it mattered...

I swear someone should wake them up...they can be some of the most immature noncaring players in the State. I drove all that way to see them play and they came out and handed Gallatin the game. Smyrna should have won...but they didn't want it at all.

Boyd did pitch a great game! Smyrna just didn't hit the ball and we all know that happens sometimes. I don't think it's about maturity or not caring. Go Dawgs!

Gallatin beat Smyrna 2-0

That kind of attitude starts at the very top from the entire staff!

Well I just know from being in the dugout and people throwing fits and not getting behind certain players and getting behind others like Sonny. We should have beat them...honestly. We just didn't want it...and we were too selfish and unmotivated at times to see the team effort.

I guess my words did the trick Smyrna won 10-7 in the 2nd game; I heard from one of the coaches they are mad at me for ripping on them. I said those things not to be mean but to call them out and make them realize what they need to do to win. That loss should have never happened.

And now have 4 more district wins left to win district; Beech swept Mt. Juliet and I don't think either of those two will lose so...yeah Smyrna has to sweep Hendersonville and Wilson Central.

Beech did not sweep Mt. Juliet. They still have 1 game left to play.

Don't pay any attention to him. You see he has no clue what he is talking about. 1st off how can you get on here and bash a team that you are (kind of) apart of. I play for smyrna and I know what he said in the earlier post made alot of us mad. No matter what, you stick with your teammates and you never bad mouth them no matter what happeneds. Yea we didn't beat Gallatin the first night but thats how it goes. They had 1 hit out of the infield and we had no errors. They just came through when they had to. We still are 1st in the district and more important than that we are still a team, and a lot of players are real shaky about letting you back with this team.

Well I just know from being in the dugout and people throwing fits and not getting behind certain players and getting behind others like Sonny. We should have beat them...honestly. We just didn't want it...and we were too selfish and unmotivated at times to see the team effort.

I guess my words did the trick Smyrna won 10-7 in the 2nd game; I heard from one of the coaches they are mad at me for ripping on them. I said those things not to be mean but to call them out and make them realize what they need to do to win. That loss should have never happened.

And now have 4 more district wins left to win district; Beech swept Mt. Juliet and I don't think either of those two will lose so...yeah Smyrna has to sweep Hendersonville and Wilson Central.

some times the truth hurts so if you felt that way dont let them being mad stop you from saying what you saw...and if it made them mad GOOD then tell them to prove you wrong!!!!!!!!when i heard gallatin beat smyrna i was SHOCKED as well i am also surprised by the 10-7 score did sonny not pitch in this series i thought he was pitching home games...

but its ok to call them out the way you did you was not disrespectfull and i would be more worried if they wasnt mad that would mean that they REALLY dont care so ITS ALL GOOD

some times the truth hurts so if you felt that way dont let them being mad stop you from saying what you saw...and if it made them mad GOOD then tell them to prove you wrong!!!!!!!!when i heard gallatin beat smyrna i was SHOCKED as well i am also surprised by the 10-7 score did sonny not pitch in this series i thought he was pitching home games...

but its ok to call them out the way you did you was not disrespectfull and i would be more worried if they wasnt mad that would mean that they REALLY dont care so ITS ALL GOOD

Sonny did pitch last night. He really gave up three hits and the rest were bunts. The defense threw the ball around all over the place last night. It was by far Smyrna's worst defensive game of the year. I believe Sonny gave up one earned run with 14 K's.

Sonny did pitch last night. He really gave up three hits and the rest were bunts. The defense threw the ball around all over the place last night. It was by far Smyrna's worst defensive game of the year. I believe Sonny gave up one earned run with 14 K's.

Anybody got a tally on how many strikeouts Sonny has had already this season? Unbelieveable. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Thank you Riverdaleman...I'm glad someone has my back on this. I meant no harm or disrespect...if you can't handle a little criticism then you need a reality check. I called you guys out to make you play better, not to get upset and cry like a little baby about a game. I don't know who that is who posted it but trust me I meant well I really did. And look you guys came out and hit 4 homeruns because I got you guys motivated. My work is done. Period. So you guys should be thanking me for making you upset; you guys need to have that intensity and if you guys can't show me you're really trying then there's no point in even showing up because it would just waste my time. I still believe we're going to go far but I needed to say that because that loss to Gallatin should never have happened and now that I said it I believe that losses like that can't happen to us now. It's nothing personal it just had to be said. You know I have a way of motivating players that is unconventional so just go with it.

I'm sticking with the team whether you like it or not because one way or another you'll be thanking me in May for this anyway. I can't come to every game because I have school and I want to be there trust me but it's impossible school comes first I'm trying as hard as I can try to make the games.

Umm...I think he's managed at least double digits per start. He got like 10 K's against Germantown, 16 against Beech, 11 against Mt. Juliet, 17 against LaVergne, and now 14 against Gallatin. And he got 6 against Dickson County in relief. And like 2 in relief against Beech so...that's about 70. And he's got at least 3 more to go. Not including playoffs where if Smyrna makes it out of district he'll probably be pitching at least another 2 starts and if they go to the sectional game and win he'll have 2 more after that. He could have close to 150 K's at the end.

Thank you Riverdaleman...I'm glad someone has my back on this. I meant no harm or disrespect...if you can't handle a little criticism then you need a reality check. I called you guys out to make you play better, not to get upset and cry like a little baby about a game. I don't know who that is who posted it but trust me I meant well I really did. And look you guys came out and hit 4 homeruns because I got you guys motivated. My work is done. Period. So you guys should be thanking me for making you upset; you guys need to have that intensity and if you guys can't show me you're really trying then there's no point in even showing up because it would just waste my time. I still believe we're going to go far but I needed to say that because that loss to Gallatin should never have happened and now that I said it I believe that losses like that can't happen to us now. It's nothing personal it just had to be said. You know I have a way of motivating players that is unconventional so just go with it.

I'm sticking with the team whether you like it or not because one way or another you'll be thanking me in May for this anyway. I can't come to every game because I have school and I want to be there trust me but it's impossible school comes first I'm trying as hard as I can try to make the games.

Umm...I think he's managed at least double digits per start. He got like 10 K's against Germantown, 16 against Beech, 11 against Mt. Juliet, 17 against LaVergne, and now 14 against Gallatin. And he got 6 against Dickson County in relief. And like 2 in relief against Beech so...that's about 70. And he's got at least 3 more to go. Not including playoffs where if Smyrna makes it out of district he'll probably be pitching at least another 2 starts and if they go to the sectional game and win he'll have 2 more after that. He could have close to 150 K's at the end.

Riverdaleman I do agree with you the truth does sometime hurt, but the truth is its a privledge for him to be in the dugout with us. We took him in last year when we didn't have to so he isn't doing any of us a favor at all we really are doing him one. We saw that he really wanted to be apart of a team and we were cool with that. Let me start off by sayin I hit two of the 4 homeruns in the second game and I don't remember once when I was up there thinking man that speech pumped me up or man I got to hit one out because I don't want to dissapoint him I went up to the plate just trying to be a team player and move the runners. Sometimes good things happen and sometimes they don't. In the first game I had a chance to put us up 1-0 but I didn't and my teammates didn't do anything but encourage me and kept me up the whole time. So him getting on here saying well there selfish and they don't care is a bunch of bs. We are like brothers out there and we do everything we can to win, and sometimes even though its not the best outcome we never bash any of our teammates its just something you don't do.

And Laz I know your trying to motivate and stuff but you got to realize sometimes when to keep your mouth shut. Sometimes its best not to say anything at all.