USA TODAY poll

westTN

I am only agreeing with someone's post. I'm not the one on here calling myself Mr. NoItAll. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You could never be because I am MrNoitAll! Time to go to the field! What a great day for softball!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rankings for these things is so subjective. Two weeks ago Riverdale was ranked 11th werent they. That's what I read anyway. Last year Brentwood emailed the folks out there stating " Brentwood was unbeaten by anybody in the state and therefore was the best in the state" and they got ranked. What they neglected to tell them was they hadnt really played anybody much. Their strenth of schedule was rock bottom with the exception of one or two teams.They stayed up there too , until they went to state and went out in two. Ooltawah is a great team, and I know they will make it to state, they may even win it but dont count Mt Juliet or Beech or others out. GPS and Goodpasture are really good in their divisions too. Bottom line is these people try to pick teams from all over the country and it is a hit or miss thing. If a team wants to be ranked what they should do is call up Ooltawah , schedule a game , and then beat them.

It's still pretty cool to see your team in the national polls......way to go Ooltawah!!!!!!!!

Now you are really starting to act like you don't know anything!You say, "how can you place one team above the other if they have played head to head", and then you say Wilson Central should be above Hendersonville? Einstein, Hendersonville beat Wilson Central last week! And as far as the Bad News Bears being above Hendersonville..........Hendersonville has won 20 games so far this year!

If Hendersonville has 20 wins as stated in your post above, please click on the schedules

link at top of the page, and update their schedule. CoachT has Hendersonville as 6-7.

If Hendersonville has 20 wins as stated in your post above, please click on the schedules

link at top of the page, and update their schedule. CoachT has Hendersonville as 6-7.

Their 20-10 and I don't know how to add scores...............plus, I don't know the dates or scores.

Their 20-10 and I don't know how to add scores...............plus, I don't know the dates or scores.

For someone as smart as you are it is very hard for me to believe that you do not know the scores. If they have played 30 games already they sure are very lucky because most of us have been rained out!! But I am sure you will be glad to get these scores for us and for Coacht to put on the scoreboard or maybe you could have been wrong?? Or were you just trying to trick us and make us think you really knew the scores?? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

For someone as smart as you are it is very hard for me to believe that you do not know the scores. If they have played 30 games already they sure are very lucky because most of us have been rained out!! But I am sure you will be glad to get these scores for us and for Coacht to put on the scoreboard or maybe you could have been wrong?? Or were you just trying to trick us and make us think you really knew the scores?? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Trust me, they are 20-10. Whether or not you believe me, does not really concern me a whole lot. You are the one that said "the Bad News Bears should be ranked higher than them" (which was pretty childish). Like I said before, you really should not get on here and disrespect ANY team. I'm all for you getting on here and making predictions but there is a right way to do things. Good luck with it..........

Trust me, they are 20-10. Whether or not you believe me, does not really concern me a whole lot. You are the one that said "the Bad News Bears should be ranked higher than them" (which was pretty childish). Like I said before, you really should not get on here and disrespect ANY team. I'm all for you getting on here and making predictions but there is a right way to do things. Good luck with it..........

If you check their schedule you will see that they have not had this many rainouts! But I am sure that you will be able to fix the problem on Coacht scoreboard for Coach Griffin and the rest of us who really want to believe in you! Please do not let us down! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I saw where two Tennessee teams were in the latest USA TODAY poll. Ooltewah was listed as #11 and Hendersonville finished just outside the top 25 at what I am assuming at #28. According to USA TODAY the criteria for making the list are strength of schedule, quality of competition, and quality of players. Reading this board I am surprised that Hendersonville made the list.

It was Beech who was listed outside of the top 25. the USA Today rankings come from a poll done by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association. They have representatives in each state who send them weekly updated schedules with win/loss records. They are also allowed to give recommendations on strength of schedule that gives value to the win loss record. While I agree all polls are somewhat subjective, I think Ooletewah's ranking and Beech not far behind are good choices. Ooltewah is 16-2 and has played tough competition out-of-state which will add points to their strength of schedule for a national poll. Their two losses are to Comeaux, LA and just recently Soddy Daisy (which may affect their next week's rankings) they have beaten MJ and Goodpasture.

If you look at Beech they are 17-2 with a loss to MJ and to Riverdale (with Kat). MJ a good team but they have six losses which makes them an inconsistent team for now, so not a bad loss for Beech. A Riverdale with Kat would have probably landed this team at the top of the polls, so not a bad loss here either. Agree or disagree it is good to have TN teams ranked.

It was Beech who was listed outside of the top 25. the USA Today rankings come from a poll done by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association. They have representatives in each state who send them weekly updated schedules with win/loss records. They are also allowed to give recommendations on strength of schedule that gives value to the win loss record. While I agree all polls are somewhat subjective, I think Ooletewah's ranking and Beech not far behind are good choices. Ooltewah is 16-2 and has played tough competition out-of-state which will add points to their strength of schedule for a national poll. Their two losses are to Comeaux, LA and just recently Soddy Daisy (which may affect their next week's rankings) they have beaten MJ and Goodpasture.

If you look at Beech they are 17-2 with a loss to MJ and to Riverdale (with Kat). MJ a good team but they have six losses which makes them an inconsistent team for now, so not a bad loss for Beech. A Riverdale with Kat would have probably landed this team at the top of the polls, so not a bad loss here either. Agree or disagree it is good to have TN teams ranked