Is CSAS going back to AA?

Wildcatcoach

Hard to tell just yet. The last numbers I saw had Bledsoe with 545, if that started right now and those numbers were fairly accurate, it would put Bledsoe about 8th from the bottom in AA. That's depending on any new schools starting and schools smaller or larger than that adding programs, either could push Bledsoe up or down a few spots. If they were A in basketball, they'd be A in softball and baseball too. I remember a few years ago they were the very smallest AA team in the state for those sports

I haven't seen any recent grade 9-12 figures for CSAS, just combined, so it's even harder to tell for them.

If the multiplier is thrown out, which has been discussed, I'd say Bledsoe would stay in AA and CSAS would move up. Teams like Boyd-Buchanan would drop back down to Class A, pushing up the largest A schools into AA.

CSAS has been like a "yo-yo" when it comes to classification. We started out in A for 4 years then moved to AA('91) for 4 years. We went back to A ('95), back to AA ('99), then back to A in a couple of years ago. We have competed in both, but we are traditionally an A program. We have about 455 or so students right now. Who knows what will happen.

There is also serious discussion of a move to rural and urban classes for the small and middle sized schools. That could really change things. CSAS, based on these projections, might be in a basketball district with teams such as Howard, Lookout Valley, Hixson and Chattanooga Christian. Teams in the proposed neighboring district include Brainerd, Grace and Silverdale, so CSAS could end up playing any of those if the districts don't end up as what's projected. And that's if it's voted in by the TSSAA. There is more discussion of this in the public-private forum.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/class...ion20092012.pdf