Giles County Bobcats

bobcat35

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defense struggles?i think offense will be ok in spurts depends on what kind of blocking Bo has,special teams?need someone to step up and replace Quan or how ever you spell his name.Jonathan Kimbrough has got some mighty big shoes to fill replacing Kendall Dangerfield at linebacker but i think he will fit right in.

The offense is really gonna put some points up this year with Wallace, The Houston's, Derico Brown and another reciever that could make some suprises by the name of Tyler watson. Looking at the seniors that they lost on Defense it looks pretty bad for the bobcats but remember a kis by the name of Torrell Boykins this kid has made huge strides in the weight room and should carry on to the field. The defense still returns D Turner, Russ Cobb, Joey Dienya, Jon Kimbrough, and Alan Cambell. I know we say it every year but i really think that this Bobcat team can take the reigns from DL if everyone stays healthy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The offense is really gonna put some points up this year with Wallace, The Houston's, Derico Brown and another reciever that could make some suprises by the name of Tyler watson. Looking at the seniors that they lost on Defense it looks pretty bad for the bobcats but remember a kis by the name of Torrell Boykins this kid has made huge strides in the weight room and should carry on to the field. The defense still returns D Turner, Russ Cobb, Joey Dienya, Jon Kimbrough, and Alan Cambell. I know we say it every year but i really think that this Bobcat team can take the reigns from DL if everyone stays healthy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the bobcats should be really good on the offensive side.....like you said wallace, the houstons, and a new rb from lawrenceburg by the name of josh smith, who might also play some slot reciever. which brings me to the recievers, of course theres rico brown, and then you have two recievers that started some games last year and will suprise some people this year in tyler watson and hunter newton. theres a another new reciever, not sure about his name, it'll be his first year playin but i heard he was pretty good. everybody thinks the passing game will be down because of the loss of receivers but this years recieving class has the potential to be alot better than last years.

defense is going to be okay...maybe not as good as last years but they'll be good enough to win.boykins is a beast and will fill the hole left by dangerfield. turner will be good again at lb. as for kimbrough,campbell,and dienye i dont think they played to much last year lol

All-Region players returning include: RB Cory Houston, LB D. Turner, QB Bo Wallace, OL Kyle Motts, RB Tobias Houston, OL Brad Strickland, and WR Rico Brown.

The offense should continue to score points in bunches as it did scoring 35 or more in half of the games last year. WR should be a cause for concern without the deep threats of Aundra McElroy and Josh Perez. However, the offensive line should be improved and the running backs (aka "The Houstons" aka "Thunder & Lightning") will be ready to carry the rock.

The defense loses a huge force in the middle of the defensive line, Kendall "Mookie" Dangerfield. Kendall has a chance to start at MTSU next year...he is that good. They also lose the heart of the team and the guy that gave opposing offenses fits...Quon Reynolds. Don't find many small guys that small (140 lbs) that can be impact players at linebacker! Gone from the secondary is a great athlete in Josh Perez. He will get to continue his playing at Tennessee Tech next year.

How does the defense recover from these losses?

D-line - Junior Torrell Boykins is a mini-"Mookie". He benches and cleans over 300lbs. Dimayo Birdsong also saw lots of playing time on the D-line last year. Patrick "Crazy Train" Timms is also very strong and plays with a lot of effort. Joey "The Freak" Dienye has potential at end as well.

LB - D. Turner is a great LB that lead the team in tackles last year. Russ Cobb, brother of MTSU player Jerry, played in every game last year. Junior William Reynolds saw some action last year too and has potential.

DB - Your guess is as good as mine. Here are some possibilities: Rico Brown, Bo Wallace, Cory Houston, Shawn Simmons, Alan Campbell, Kanden Kimbrough, Nick Bockoven, Hunter Newton, Tyler Watson, Josh Smith, Raheem Holt, Cody Davis, Maurice Inmann....

Coach O'Connor is a worker...the Bobcats will be okay. The Bobcats have hosted playoff games his first two years as head coach with the only region losses being to David Lipscomb. I'll be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

Giles Co. will be fine but I disagree with lrb4 saying that they can win the region. That is David Lipscomb's until I am proven otherwise. For the last three years there have been five teams that have been considered as "great" football teams by me.

Cheatham Co. (2005)

Creek Wood (2005)

Giles Co. (2006)

Giles Co. (2007)

Marshall Co. (2007)

David Lipscomb beat those teams by the following scores:

30-7

37-7

28-3

35-3

49-13

I am sorry but Region 5-3A will be David Lipscomb's again this upcoming season. It will be a very good DL team from top-to-bottom. I personally think they are the favorite to win the state title again. Zach Rogers, Caleb Simpson, Evan Webb, Ben Brewer, Michael Saggio, Harrison Daniel, Kyle Lehning, & Dallon Hudson are all very VERY GOOD football players.

Giles Co., Marshall Co., Cheatham Co., and Page will all be in the mix to fill those other three playoff spots. Any of those teams could finish as high as #2 and host a first round playoff game. At the same time any of those teams could finish as low as #5 and miss the playoffs altogether.

If I were looking at Region 5-3A now I would have to say:

1.) David Lipscomb

2.) ?????

3.) ?????

4.) ?????

5.) ?????

6.) Creek Wood

7.) Spring Hill

8.) Montgomery Central

The offense should continue to score points in bunches as it did scoring 35 or more in half of the games last year. WR should be a cause for concern without the deep threats of Aundra McElroy and Josh Perez. .

haha yea perez might of been able to burn people but he couldnt catch the deep ball when it was there....i saw him drop quite a few wide open passes lol

Giles Co. will be fine but I disagree with lrb4 saying that they can win the region. That is David Lipscomb's until I am proven otherwise. For the last three years there have been five teams that have been considered as "great" football teams by me.Cheatham Co. (2005)Creek Wood (2005)Giles Co. (2006)Giles Co. (2007)Marshall Co. (2007)David Lipscomb beat those teams by the following scores:30-737-728-335-349-13I am sorry but Region 5-3A will be David Lipscomb's again this upcoming season. It will be a very good DL team from top-to-bottom. I personally think they are the favorite to win the state title again. Zach Rogers, Caleb Simpson, Evan Webb, Ben Brewer, Michael Saggio, Harrison Daniel, Kyle Lehning, & Dallon Hudson are all very VERY GOOD football players. Giles Co., Marshall Co., Cheatham Co., and Page will all be in the mix to fill those other three playoff spots. Any of those teams could finish as high as #2 and host a first round playoff game. At the same time any of those teams could finish as low as #5 and miss the playoffs altogether. If I were looking at Region 5-3A now I would have to say:1.) David Lipscomb2.) ?????3.) ?????4.) ?????5.) ?????6.) Creek Wood7.) Spring Hill8.) Montgomery Central

you forgot a score.....giles county lost 21-14 in the playoffs in 2006.

Giles Co. will be fine but I disagree with lrb4 saying that they can win the region. That is David Lipscomb's until I am proven otherwise. For the last three years there have been five teams that have been considered as "great" football teams by me.

Cheatham Co. (2005)

Creek Wood (2005)

Giles Co. (2006)

Giles Co. (2007)

Marshall Co. (2007)

David Lipscomb beat those teams by the following scores:

30-7

37-7

28-3

35-3

49-13

I am sorry but Region 5-3A will be David Lipscomb's again this upcoming season. It will be a very good DL team from top-to-bottom. I personally think they are the favorite to win the state title again. Zach Rogers, Caleb Simpson, Evan Webb, Ben Brewer, Michael Saggio, Harrison Daniel, Kyle Lehning, & Dallon Hudson are all very VERY GOOD football players.

Giles Co., Marshall Co., Cheatham Co., and Page will all be in the mix to fill those other three playoff spots. Any of those teams could finish as high as #2 and host a first round playoff game. At the same time any of those teams could finish as low as #5 and miss the playoffs altogether.

If I were looking at Region 5-3A now I would have to say:

1.) David Lipscomb

2.) ?????

3.) ?????

4.) ?????

5.) ?????

6.) Creek Wood

7.) Spring Hill

8.) Montgomery Central

I agree about Lipscomb. It's just awful that the poor little multiplied private school has to play in this Region.

After Lipscomb, I think it's up in the air for the rest of the spots.

i think if Hunter Newton was taller he would give Bo a run for his money at qb i think he handles the ball and is alot quicker than Bo but Bo can sling the ball about 70 yards.

i heard he also runs the option really well....which is something that almost beat lipscomb in the playoffs two years ago when joseph dunavant was running the offense.