best freshmen?

knoxvegas19

The whole"Whinny" comment is about as factual as any one could be!! On any play that has contact, they have arms raised...as if to say "didn't you see that?" The comments are almost non-stop! I have heard them myself....and so has every fan that has watched a game. The most telling sign that they are "Whinny" is because at a recent college game- Carson-Newman vs University of the Cumberlands, the 3 refs that were doing that game approached me- I have known them for a long time and have watched many college games they have had. They mentioned to me.....not me to them...that they had recently had a West game. Their comments were the same as any ref- the constant whinning gets annoying! They are only human. They all agreed that this constant complaining has to stop before the State level- where even more contact is allowed and the pressure is harder, faster and more frequent!! I only mentioned this to try and help them! Yes, help them. I think they are a "GREAT" team and really have a chance to do something special. I would hate to see that go down the crapper because they quit playing a tough game because the calls don't go their way. They can do with this knowledge as they feel....it's up to them! Oh yeah......your comment above- is whinning!!!

THANKS!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough about who is whinning. I thought that this was about outstanding freshmen. If you are in middle Tennessee and have seen any district 12 games which I have as a spectator - there is a little guy on Hickman County's team that shows alot of promise anywhere on the field. Don't have a name only a #14. Some help on his ID? There is also a #13 on the team too ....defender that is a freshman- again no ID only a # Both are good solid players.

Oh yeah......your comment above- is whinning!!!

and your comments aren't on topic, but nice to see you reveal yourself with a little playground-like taunt.

but, given such, it is interesting that in your posts you seem to need to use phrases... "their whole team" "everyone" and "always" and "any play with contact".. geez... as my philosophy teacher once advised, when something is overstated, look to the weakness of the argument.

*if* the topic were whiners I could add a few from several teams that IMO try to whine and work the refs. BUT since the topic is freshmen, I would say

Jamie White-- I think he has stepped up quite nicely especially under a difficult situation

Austin- solid play usually.

Jack- with the caveat that he does seem to talk too much and look too much for the call.

Jack McCoy is by far the best freshmen I have played against this season. His superior footskills and vision are way above most if not all the freshmen in the state. We got into a minor argument on the field about him wining to much, and looking back this was 99% if not more just out of competitiveness. So, though, West may be wining a good deal this year wining isn't against the rules last time I checked, and with the wins West has put up this year I don't see how anyone can complain about them unless their just sore from loosing. I wish West the best of luck in the remainder of this year.

Enough about who is whinning. I thought that this was about outstanding freshmen. If you are in middle Tennessee and have seen any district 12 games which I have as a spectator - there is a little guy on Hickman County's team that shows alot of promise anywhere on the field. Don't have a name only a #14. Some help on his ID? There is also a #13 on the team too ....defender that is a freshman- again no ID only a # Both are good solid players.

Reply to the comment posted a couple of days ago about two freshmen from the Hickman Co. team in Middle Tennessee. One of them has been identified- #14- Ethan Skelton- his picture appeared in Columbia Daily Herald on Tuesday. Skelton exhibits incredible midfield play for a freshmen. I'd say he is for sure one to watch in the next few years. I have seen him play travel the last few years on a team we competed against I believe, out of Williamson Co. . I believe their team won the state a couple of years back. He gives 110% on the playing field- I've also seen him at forward and wing. I am not familiar with the unidentified #13 on the same team.

Seth Williams for Bearden and Austin Pugh (spelling?) for Maryville are the best freshmen i have watched this year. Not only is Seth a great defender, he is very smart, and is constantly communicating on the field. Austin can control the game better than any freshman i have seen. His passes are good,and he is a threat off the dribble. I look forward to watching these players in the next few years.

In the east Jack McCoy is the best forward by far- great ball skills and shot, needs to pass more

In middle tn Kenny Ra is the best frosh forward- short asian kid with impressive strength, insane quickness/foot skills, needs to work on passing and heading

In the west Paul Banks for christian bros- big, strong, fast, really lazy though, has great talent

Seth Williams is best defender in the east

Wil Linder of Ravenwood best defender in middle tn

Chandler (don't remember last name) best overall player in west

Best freshman gk is Alex Blanton of mba- controlls area, makes flying saves, mean when necessary

Matt Roberts at CBHS is a defender/mid to watch. Very quiet player - no trash talking, no working the refs. As fast as the situation requires and very good with either foot. His effectiveness is the simple nature in which he plays. Great vision, good decisions, no wasted effort. The only reason he did not see varsity time is he scored extremely well on his entrance exam and received some academic scholarship for his Freshman year.