Ripley Baseball

ripfan23

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Messer got caught up in small town politics and it is a shame that Ripley is like this. Coach Messer has been great for this program, and he is still currently coaching. The person that can not come back to the ball field is a parent of a player and he is not allowed at the ballfield next year either. It is awful that the parents have enough pull with the superindent that they can just get this man fired like this. I wouldn't blame anyone for not coming to Ripley to work as a coach, especially if they have the fear they will get the same treatment. Way to go Coach Messer, you are doing a great job. It is a shame that a coach that takes a team to sub state get fired.

You have some of your facts wrong. Did you know he wasn't rehired because of teaching and not baseball? I hope that everyone can agree that the most important job a teacher has is to teach. If you put athletics or anything else above that, you are wrong. This isn't the first time a teacher who is not tenured has not been rehired. I dare say it won't be the last. I'm wondering if you want to get involved in all those other situations. Again, people who don't know the facts really should LET IT GO!!