13 A District tourney

Imatiger

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always high stakes when h-town and mckenzie get together but i think their games in the districts will come down to pitching...who is on and who is not at the right time....game one in the regular season huntingdon's batters were shut down and seemed confused at the plate all night....second game they didn't crush the ball but got their hits when they needed them....they had a chance to put out the rebs early in that game but never took advantage.....mckenzie stayed in the game even though they made horrible mistakes......mckenzie is the much stronger team and should win 2 out of 3 and depending on which rebel team shows up 2 out of 2

Come on now DonnieB. Much stronger? Lets look at position by position.

1b-draw

2b-advantage Huntingdon

SS-advantage McKenzie

3b-advantage Huntingdon

Lf- advantage Huntingdon

Cf- advantage Huntingdon

Rf- draw

C- I know there is no sense in arguing this one with you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

now how does that work out to being much stronger?

with Kee on the hill it doesn't matter what is behind him. he could win whoever is pitching against him. But Kee is the only one who would be in Huntingdon's top 3. I think they are really close hitting wise. i think whoever wins Monday nights game is definately in the drivers seat to win it. but i still say it goes 3.

1b-draw

2b-advantage Huntingdon

SS-advantage McKenzie

3b-advantage Huntingdon

Lf- advantage Huntingdon

Cf- advantage Huntingdon

Rf- draw

C- I know there is no sense in arguing this one with you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

with Kee on the hill it doesn't matter what is behind him. he could win whoever is pitching against him. But Kee is the only one who would be in Huntingdon's top 3. I think they are really close hitting wise. i think whoever wins Monday nights game is definately in the drivers seat to win it. but i still say it goes 3.

well coach you make some good points but its all opinion and your not gonna agree with my opinion......so i'm just gonna agree to disagree...we'll have to see what happens on the field tomorrow night.....are you sure the game's at 7:00 i've heard its at 4:30....i don't know the real start time just wondering if your sure

1b-draw

2b-advantage Huntingdon

SS-advantage McKenzie

3b-advantage Huntingdon

Lf- advantage Huntingdon

Cf- advantage Huntingdon

Rf- draw

Kee signs with Bethel College on Monday. Bethel looks to be putting together a good team from the local towns.

well coach you make some good points but its all opinion and your not gonna agree with my opinion......so i'm just gonna agree to disagree...we'll have to see what happens on the field tomorrow night.....are you sure the game's at 7:00 i've heard its at 4:30....i don't know the real start time just wondering if your sure

I hear ya. Pretty sure it is still on for 7. Blake hasn't heard any different.

Kee signs with Bethel College on Monday. Bethel looks to be putting together a good team from the local towns.

Congratulations! Two Bethel signees go at it tomorrrow night. I hope both look good.

I hear ya. Pretty sure it is still on for 7. Blake hasn't heard any different.Congratulations! Two Bethel signees go at it tomorrrow night. I hope both look good.

Congratulations to Blake also and Bethel looks to be reinforcing it's pitching staff. I hear they signed Billy Keck on Saturday. I pray for both the Rebels and the Mustangs to have an injury free ballgame tonight with good outings for both pitchers. You almost have to root for both. They will be on the same team the next four years. Go Rebels !

1b-draw

2b-advantage Huntingdon

SS-advantage McKenzie

3b-advantage Huntingdon

Lf- advantage Huntingdon

Cf- advantage Huntingdon

Rf- draw

To b a new stang, you sure sound like a old stang! lol As 4 the comparisons-dont rightly see what ur basing them on. Best i can see rebels placed 1st (and sitting in the home dugout!!???)(as a team) and is probably gonna win the tourney (as a team)

To b a new stang, you sure sound like a old stang! lol As 4 the comparisons-dont rightly see what ur basing them on. Best i can see rebels placed 1st (and sitting in the home dugout!!???)(as a team) and is probably gonna win the tourney (as a team)

Yea, I might need to change my name to ol stang now. I was just responding to Donnie b's "opinion" about McKenzie being MUCH better. So I gave mine. If McKenzie wins, I will be the first to say they are the better TEAM, but not necessarily the better players. I guess the next posts will be saying who will come back and win two on Wednesday. lol!! Headed to the park!!

Wow! Stangs win 6-4. the best pitching performances I have seen this year. Both teams need to sure up there defense. If not for errors we might still be out there. Great job by Burke and Kee.

Bruceton beats Clarksburg 9-8. Now McKenzie plays Bruceton tomorrow to see who gets the Stangs again. Should be interesting Wednesday night.

Wow! Stangs win 6-4. the best pitching performances I have seen this year. Both teams need to sure up there defense. If not for errors we might still be out there. Great job by Burke and Kee.

Bruceton beats Clarksburg 9-8. Now McKenzie plays Bruceton tomorrow to see who gets the Stangs again. Should be interesting Wednesday night.

I agree, both pitchers did their job but Kee just couldn't get the support that the Mustangs had behind Burke. And if it were not for the errors, the game could have went extra innings.

Kee took the loss, his second of the season and his first in almost two months. He struck out seven, gave up eight hits, walked two and hit one batter. ( i won't mention how sorry the umpire behind the plate was and how this person never calls in mckenzie's favor and hasn't in 4 years. i think he doesn't like us or something) Go figure.

Burke had good command of his three pitches. Kept the Rebel hitters off kilter. He gave up seven hits, struck out three and walked one and hit one batter.

Two errors for the Rebels in successive innings resulted in two runs. (that alone would have made a tie ballgame) Couple that with the fact that the Rebels had a runner thrown out at the plate and at third and two errors in the second frame put a runner (who eventutally scored) on third base. And there were other errors that will not go in the books. We absolutely shot ourselves in the foot.

Ok Rebels let's bounce back and carry our series with Huntington to 3 games.

went to see the game against mckenzie the other night. impressed with both teams but if huntingdon is going to go very deep in playoffs they are going to have to plug a hole or two in their infield. also picked up on a couple of attitude problems. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Stangs leave no doubt. Hatch dominates and bats come alive with an 8-1 win. Colin Laman comes up big going 3-3 and played some awesome defense. Burke and Baxter both go yard. Total team effort.

Hopefully, for both teams, round 5 will be next Wednesday. It is down to Union City and Trenton in 14a.