District 4 AA Game Results

melabonz

Rorex hit that ball out and stood at home and stared at it... did not move for about 5 seconds.. that will get someone beamed in any league.. therefore i would put it in the same class as high stepping...

This in no way means i condone high stepping... just stop whining about Catholic winning and nit picking about how "classless they are"... I really think if Catholic stepped on a field and didnt say anything and played a game and won there would be something classless they did if it was clap to loud or get too excited about doing something good

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I want to say that Catholic played a great baseball game and deserved to win that one. There were no game changing bad calls, Catholic just did what it took to win. However, what I am very upset about is the way that the Catholic players and fans acted during the game and after. There were several instances of players taunting AC players, in particular one right in front of the umpire and high stepping into home plate by a Catholic player. Also back flips after the game??? I mean come on have some class....I understand that the team is excited and a little bit of trash talk is going to happen in sports, but such blatant disregard for sportsmanship and respect is ridiculous. Had AC won, I guarantee the four coaches at AC would not have let their boys act that way. You could see it in the game, when AC was up you didn't see Jordan Rorex come in high stepping at the plate after his homerun, no, what did he do? ... give his teammates a high five and head back to the dug out. . Just the way we play at AC...with respect to the game and our opponents. You'd think Catholic would have some pride about the jerseys that they wear and what they represent.

Just remember Maverick fans...we've been there and done the whole district thing...we've got our eyes on a bigger prize and I guarantee you Coach Downs, Coach Russell, Coach Wade and Coach Boynton will have the boys ready for the region and on...

So, if we see you again Catholic (doubtful) I hope that we will see a team that represents your school with a little more class.

If I have to get on here one more time and read a post about someone from AC whinning about Catholic, I'm going to throw up. The bottom line is that everyone talks a little trash or does something that is questionable on the field at times and to stand on a moral high horse like so many AC proponents seem to do on this site and talk about how classy they are is just ridiculous. It must get awefully lonely up there on your ivory pedestal. Additionally, I did not see the game, but I have heard a few sources say that Rorex sat and watched his home run ball for quite a while at home plate. Now, call me crazy, because after all I am an Irish alumn, but I would classify that as being just as classless as high stepping into home. Any AC fans want to point the finger at themselves for once?

If I have to get on here one more time and read a post about someone from AC whinning about Catholic, I'm going to throw up. The bottom line is that everyone talks a little trash or does something that is questionable on the field at times and to stand on a moral high horse like so many AC proponents seem to do on this site and talk about how classy they are is just ridiculous. It must get awefully lonely up there on your ivory pedestal. Additionally, I did not see the game, but I have heard a few sources say that Rorex sat and watched his home run ball for quite a while at home plate. Now, call me crazy, because after all I am an Irish alumn, but I would classify that as being just as classless as high stepping into home. Any AC fans want to point the finger at themselves for once?

First off starting at a home run ball, and high stepping into home plate are totally different. Second, for a kid that doesn't hit a lot of homeruns...I'd like to watch it too, as would any. Had a Catholic player done that I wouldn't have said one word...but I guess we should point the finger at ourselves when we went out to our cars and had obscene language written on them... Give me a break. And by the way I said a lot of trash talk goes on during games... that is just part of it. But the things that the Irish did were over the line.

I believe both are classless actions. Both players/teams need to act like they've done something good before. However, in my opinion, the difference in the two things that happened Wed. night were when Rorex hit the homerun, he said nothing to the other team....he just watched his homerun. The boy from Catholic came high stepping into home, then got in the AC catcher's face and taunted him with words and obscene language. That's were the difference is. Both are wrong I feel, but Rorex never said anything to a Catholic player. Catholic boy did. and if I'm not mistaking that kid #12 runs his mouth more than anyone I've ever met to not even hit. He gets DH for. So that shows you how bad he is!! All he does is play 1st base.

First off starting at a home run ball, and high stepping into home plate are totally different. Second, for a kid that doesn't hit a lot of homeruns...I'd like to watch it too, as would any. Had a Catholic player done that I wouldn't have said one word...but I guess we should point the finger at ourselves when we went out to our cars and had obscene language written on them... Give me a break. And by the way I said a lot of trash talk goes on during games... that is just part of it. But the things that the Irish did were over the line.

First off trublu, you are right that staring at a home run ball and high stepping into home are two different things. Just like calling someone an idiot in response to something and rolling your eyes are two different things (both disrespectful in my book). The bottom line is that you like to classify AC as the saints of baseball. You don't want to seem to admit that your team does questionable things as well. It might be a good idea if you watched baseball tonight for a few weeks. I think you'd find that the unwritten rule is that you don't stare down your home run, because it is disrespectful. Now I'm not excusing the high stepping action, but I think it is ridiculous that AC fans are so quick to point the finger, when their kids make equally questionable decisions. Bilbob, I'm glad that you actually look at things from an unbiased perspective. I agree with you that both teams had some things that they should not have done. However, I found it funny that you mentioned the trash talk that happened after Catholic's home run. As I said earlier, I was not at the game, but I have a hard time believing that alot of obscene language was used simply for the fact that almost any ump in the state would toss a kid for the kind of language that you suggest was used. Even more interesting is that I was relayed a story the night of the game about an incident that happened on 3rd base following an AC triple that sounds very similar. I was not going to put it on here until I saw bilbob's post. I was told that following a triple (while AC was winning), that the player who hit the triple began taunting Catholic's third baseman with alot of profanity. The bottom line is that neither side is innocent, nor are they completely guilty. They are high school kids and we have to keep that in mind. Finally, I just want to say this. Trublu, I think that its aweful that obscene language was written on your cars after the game. I truly think it is aweful. I too have had things of that nature done to me following games. However, it looks like you are lumping that action in with the questionable on-the-field actions of the Catholic players. The bottom line is that you can't blame the players for what happened to your car, because how could they possibly have done it while they were playing. I could go on and on about all the vandalism that happened to Knox Catholic cars over the years, but that would take forever. I'm sure others have similar stories too. As a Catholic alumn, I apologize for what happened to your car. However, getting back to the game, I think if you are going to ask Catholic's team to win like men, then you should lose like a man as well and not come on here and find something to complain about in hopes that it will take away from Catholic's win.

First off trublu, you are right that staring at a home run ball and high stepping into home are two different things. Just like calling someone an idiot in response to something and rolling your eyes are two different things (both disrespectful in my book). The bottom line is that you like to classify AC as the saints of baseball. You don't want to seem to admit that your team does questionable things as well. It might be a good idea if you watched baseball tonight for a few weeks. I think you'd find that the unwritten rule is that you don't stare down your home run, because it is disrespectful. Now I'm not excusing the high stepping action, but I think it is ridiculous that AC fans are so quick to point the finger, when their kids make equally questionable decisions. Bilbob, I'm glad that you actually look at things from an unbiased perspective. I agree with you that both teams had some things that they should not have done. However, I found it funny that you mentioned the trash talk that happened after Catholic's home run. As I said earlier, I was not at the game, but I have a hard time believing that alot of obscene language was used simply for the fact that almost any ump in the state would toss a kid for the kind of language that you suggest was used. Even more interesting is that I was relayed a story the night of the game about an incident that happened on 3rd base following an AC triple that sounds very similar. I was not going to put it on here until I saw bilbob's post. I was told that following a triple (while AC was winning), that the player who hit the triple began taunting Catholic's third baseman with alot of profanity. The bottom line is that neither side is innocent, nor are they completely guilty. They are high school kids and we have to keep that in mind. Finally, I just want to say this. Trublu, I think that its aweful that obscene language was written on your cars after the game. I truly think it is aweful. I too have had things of that nature done to me following games. However, it looks like you are lumping that action in with the questionable on-the-field actions of the Catholic players. The bottom line is that you can't blame the players for what happened to your car, because how could they possibly have done it while they were playing. I could go on and on about all the vandalism that happened to Knox Catholic cars over the years, but that would take forever. I'm sure others have similar stories too. As a Catholic alumn, I apologize for what happened to your car. However, getting back to the game, I think if you are going to ask Catholic's team to win like men, then you should lose like a man as well and not come on here and find something to complain about in hopes that it will take away from Catholic's win.

First off, I am in no way taking away from Catholic's win. Catholic played a better game and won. It goes down in the books as a District Championship. Also, I do not blame the players for the vehicles being written on, that would have had to of been a fan. The players and coaches cannot be held responsible for what fans do, but the Catholic name can. Once again, a little trash talk is going to happen, but it should be where fans cannot hear or see. All sports will have this and it is just part of it. My opinion of Catholic has not always been negative, but after the last few outings and seeing the way they handle themselves, I do not believe I will be inclined to change that opinon. On another note (and this is an observation from listening to others talk) Catholic is held to a much higher standard because of the jersey and ideals that you represent. I guess that is one reason it upsets me so when I see actions like Wednesday.

Anyways, the game is over. We both have games to play tonight more important than the District Championship....I believe we have run this topic in the ground and hopefully if AC and Catholic meet again, both teams will meet the other's standard for sportsmanship and class.