7AAA For Saturday

borodbackscoach

Oakland defeated Lebanon in the completion of a suspended game from Friday night, 20-10.

Blackman defeated Cookeville 9-6 to eliminate the Cavs from tournament championship contention. They still get the automatic berth into the region tourney.

Found it sad that it took Principal Vaughn and Coach Hawks at Oakland to let Coach Reavis from Siegel through the gate at Oakland without having to pay since he was not in uniform and his team not playing until later today. I understand there are TSSAA rules that coaches have passes and so on, but come on, that was just ridiculous. Siegel players were not allowed through the gate, either, unless in complete uniform.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores:

Oakland 20 over Lebanon 10

Blackman 9 over Cookeville 6 - Cookeville eliminated - Have clinched berth in Regionals

Warren Co 6 over Lebanon 2 - Lebanon eliminated

Riverdale 8 over White Co 2

Oakland 10 over Siegel 4

Monday's Games:

Blackman vs White Co at Cookeville

Warren Co vs Siegel at Oakland

This is not directed at any particular school because it's the same everywhere, but $5 is too much for a high school baseball game. Cumberland University only charges $3. High School football games are $5 or $6 depending on the district, but that's just once a week and 10 times per year, not including postseason. If TSSAA dictates the price, it's still too high.

Now for rant #2. Fan's shouldn't bring food into a baseball game. I'm not talking about a drink, I'm talking about the district fans who brought 2 large pizzas and a Whitt's family pack. If you're coming to a high school game, you should be a big enough fan to know the concession stand is how teams raise the money to pay umpires, buy baseballs, build hitting facilities, etc. Let's support all the teams.

This is not directed at any particular school because it's the same everywhere, but $5 is too much for a high school baseball game. Cumberland University only charges $3. High School football games are $5 or $6 depending on the district, but that's just once a week and 10 times per year, not including postseason. If TSSAA dictates the price, it's still too high.

Now for rant #2. Fan's shouldn't bring food into a baseball game. I'm not talking about a drink, I'm talking about the district fans who brought 2 large pizzas and a Whitt's family pack. If you're coming to a high school game, you should be a big enough fan to know the concession stand is how teams raise the money to pay umpires, buy baseballs, build hitting facilities, etc. Let's support all the teams.

at RIVERDALE we sell a pass for 10 and that is for the year we want people at the game...we know fi you come to the game u will buy from the concessioin stand as far as my kids go here lately i have been giving them 5 TO SPEND but they leave me alone after that lol...in DEFENSE of the fans that brought food when u are at the ball park 5 out of 7 days i have no problem if they bring soething to have different...as far as admission prices...people pay 5 for a basketball and even more for football...while it is expensive to conitue to pay 20 a day for a game it is standard in all sports...i for one would love to see that lowered or something to ease my finacial pain but what do you do

Scores:

Oakland 20 over Lebanon 10

Blackman 9 over Cookeville 6 - Cookeville eliminated - Have clinched berth in Regionals

Warren Co 6 over Lebanon 2 - Lebanon eliminated

Riverdale 8 over White Co 2

Oakland 10 over Siegel 4

Monday's Games:

Blackman vs White Co at Cookeville

Warren Co vs Siegel at Oakland

What is sad in high school baseball is there is not better fan support. Why is it at a high school football there is 3000 people and at a high school baseball game there is barely enough fans to pay for umpires. If people would support high school baseball better then you probably could charge 3 dollars. The only people that support high school baseball are the players parents. I am sure most people would pay 10 dollars to watch high school football, but would not come to a high school baseball game if it was free. People travel to watch their high school football team play ,but will not come and watch their baseball team play a home game.

Ask your Head coach. He coached at Lebanon 1 year. He could probably tell you alot about Lebanon Baseball.

i thought that this coach had straighten a lot of that stuff out...hard to win with politics...there is a lot of talent there and they can play i did hear that you lost your big left hander is there any truth to that...keep working hard yall have a talented team

i thought that this coach had straighten a lot of that stuff out...hard to win with politics...there is a lot of talent there and they can play i did hear that you lost your big left hander is there any truth to that...keep working hard yall have a talented team

I am not an expert in any fashion, but I find it to difficult to comprehend that politics played any part in; having difficulty fielding hard hit ground balls, letting games slip away with last inning leads (one that I saw and maybe more), difficulty in producing a clutch hit, other than good choices on the base paths, and pitching difficulties.

I saw them once early and they did look like a good team, and I saw them again in mid-season. There was a vast difference.

I am not an expert in any fashion, but I find it to difficult to comprehend that politics played any part in; having difficulty fielding hard hit ground balls, letting games slip away with last inning leads (one that I saw and maybe more), difficulty in producing a clutch hit, other than good choices on the base paths, and pitching difficulties.

I saw them once early and they did look like a good team, and I saw them again in mid-season. There was a vast difference.

i am asking questions i am not making statements...but i also saw a good team in the game we played them they didnt make the errors you was talking about they played good solid ball and idd a lot of little things right they stopped the ground balls against us that is why they beat us they didtn beat themselves like they used to do...i do know that they are a good team and i am surpirsed at their early exit...although i did say this was gonna be a fun tournament with lots of surprises...cookeville gone lebanon gone white county who had no wins during district is still in it...i really believe that TOP-BOTTOM this district is very tough and anyone can beat anyone

Don't know who Diamond Devil is, but he or she is wrong to imply politics had anything to do with Lebanon's disappointing season. Coach Messer was not treated fairly at LHS and that can be blamed on a few families, long since gone, and a lazy principal who'd rather succumb to parents than work with a young coach to let them know that what's usual and customary at one school may not be acceptable at another. That situation could have been handled much better for Coach Messer and LHS...but I suspect Coach Messer is much happier.

Don't know who Diamond Devil is, but he or she is wrong to imply politics had anything to do with Lebanon's disappointing season. Coach Messer was not treated fairly at LHS and that can be blamed on a few families, long since gone, and a lazy principal who'd rather succumb to parents than work with a young coach to let them know that what's usual and customary at one school may not be acceptable at another. That situation could have been handled much better for Coach Messer and LHS...but I suspect Coach Messer is much happier.

i know that we are pleased he came back