MJ Brown to walk on at UT?

Galilee

Why wouldnt they say anything?

Well he is a good player....the UC people talked him up every chance they had last season. It was constant....I MEAN CONSTANT. If it was brought up someone was good...well the comparison to MJ was brought up by them. Debates here and there about who he was better than and so forth. Better than Justin Blake according to them...who by the way IS playing college ball. I have no idea why they won't say. He was actually one of the players I wanted to keep up with during college since it is close to where I live. Just find it all strange. I mean if he didn't qualify heck just say it.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know something. But not about this subject. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Just here to try to follow along. Im getting dizzy just reading it.

Anyways, good luck to the kid wherever he lands.

And adsmom, good luck to your middle schooler and the football season. I sure miss coaching, gonna have to get back at it someday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haaaaa!!!!haaaaa!!!! Is it a good something?? Awwwww /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> gatorbill...one of my heroes!!!

Haaaaa!!!!haaaaa!!!! Is it a good something?? Awwwww /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> gatorbill...one of my heroes!!!

I know an endless amount of "good somethings"

I know too many "bad somethings"

and I know just enough "baaaaaaaaaaaaad somethings"

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yankee, I haven't been on this board in a while...glad you're still on top of things.

Oh, and how about Memphis being under NCAA investigation? Shocker, I know...Fed Ex Program

First off you have been on this board becuae I have seen your name..you just haven't posted. As recent as this week ( and every week for that matter) if i'm not mistaken. If you want to go to the college boards and start a thread on this topic I will be glad to go there and take you on. LET ME KNOW! I would qaution you first though, don't ever go into an argument unarmmed...bring more to the table than just your opinions. There have been a million secondary violations far worse than this. Guess what....Nothing happened!!!! Are you accusing Coach Cal of being in on this and if so where is your proof? Back it up!!! I will say it now, Coach Cal wasn't even aware of the phone call.

Wanna bet right now for the record, for the whole world to see.....NOTHING will come out of the so-called investigation. It's all wishfull thinking on you part /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You might want to do some HARD research before you start your ANTI-TIGER RANT. This will be a secondary violation at worst. TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!! This is a non-story...except for the Tiger Haters like you. Good luck on your sweet 16 run this upcoming season!!!!! And you can take that to the bank to!!!!!

My guess is that once this story disappears (and it will) so will you...as far as this topic goes.

BTW...I am as big a VOL football fan as anybody but I am not a fan of Pearl and never will be!!!!!

You never did answer my question from a few months ago...what is a VolsMahoney anyway, sounds like a cheap rip-off of the RASSLER to me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are a naive halfsie. UT football and Tiger High bball? That's weak sauce.

LIke I said if you want to start a thread on the college board I will be glad to go there. LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

I still remember the thread you got shutdown with the most tasteless comment I have ever seen posted on here. AGAIN....if you want to go to the college board let me know.

VolsBaloney:

Yankee, I haven't been on this board in a while...glad you're still on top of things.

Yankees8589:

First off you have been on this board becuae I have seen your name..you just haven't posted. As recent as this week ( and every week for that matter)

Have you been on the board or is it someone else using your name. I guess awhile to you is something like 1 day /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Whats up with that?

I'm posting the following just so you can save yourself from looking foolish. BTW, this is nothing. There is a ton of background info on this from many credible sources (not the typical rumor mill that you seem to cherish). I'm not going to waste my time getting into it , unless you want to go to the college board. I will leave on this note: Goodman has been debunked no fewer than three times this summer ,Posting innacurate information on his blog. Oh and he seems to have a very real dislike for Coach Cal and Memphis. That to is well documented.

VolsBaloney, you have to be the most clueless person on here. You continue to make yourself look like a fool...all the while not even knowing your doing it. I must say I do get a good laugh at watching you do it to. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Memphisedge

Posted by Dan Wolken

Memphis does not plan on ending its recruitment of Abdul Gaddy because of the phone call booster/FedEx CEO Dave Bronczek made to his mother, according to my sources.

In fact, there’s a case to be made that this kerfuffle could actually turn Gaddy away from one of the Tigers’ competitors.

First of all, I have not talked to anyone who expects this to go beyond an NCAA letter of reprimand being sent to Bronczek. Note: this guy is not the coach or the AD, Hence secondary violation

Second, the Gaddys are not real happy to be in the middle of this situation, especially since they were caught completely off-guard by the way this played out. Oseye Gaddy obviously did not think there was anything inappropriate about the phone call, or else she would not have talked so freely with Foxsports.com’s Jeff Goodman about it when he brought it up in his line of questioning last week. The fact that this story ends up embarrassing her employer was absolutely not what she intended.

And why are they in this situation? Obviously, someone leaked it to Goodman.

Now, let’s take a step back here. The entire Gaddy recruitment has been a delicate situation with Memphis and Arizona, who have been listed as his co-leaders. Gaddy originally committed last year to Arizona, in large part due to the efforts of assistant coach Josh Pastner.

After Pastner left for Memphis, Gaddy de-committed from Arizona and put Memphis on his list. It’s my understanding that Arizona coach Lute Olson was actually brazen enough to ask (demand?) that Pastner not be involved in recruiting Gaddy at Memphis.

If Arizona was indeed responsible for leaking the information about this phone call to Goodman – who is, coincidentally, an Arizona graduate and has a close relationship with Lute Olson – I can’t imagine it would help Arizona’s chances to re-gain the player’s affection.

Wolken is also the beat writer for the commercial appeal and has his share of contacts.

Tigers self-report possible NCAA violation

By Dan Wolken

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The University of Memphis basketball program turned in paperwork Thursday to report a possible minor NCAA violation after learning that Dave Bronczek, president/CEO of FedEx and a prominent Tiger booster, placed a phone call to an employee whose son is being recruited by the school.

Though a FedEx spokesman said the call was "congratulatory" in nature and Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson characterized it as an "innocent mistake," boosters are prohibited by the NCAA from having contact with recruits or their parents.

Memphis is looking into whether Bronczek broke that rule when he made a phone call in early July to Oseye Gaddy, the mother of highly ranked point guard Abdul Gaddy. Oseye Gaddy has been a FedEx employee in the Seattle area for more than a decade.

"All he said was, 'I heard about your son, how good he is,' and (he) told her she's doing a great job," Abdul Gaddy said in a phone interview Thursday. "It wasn't a long conversation or anything."

Johnson said he did not know about the phone call until he was contacted Thursday by Jeff Goodman of Foxsports.com. Oseye Gaddy talked openly with Goodman about the conversation last week in Las Vegas while watching her son play in an AAU tournament.

Goodman, who has been a critic of the Memphis program and openly feuded with coach John Calipari in recent years, then contacted the NCAA.

After Johnson learned of Goodman's report, Memphis moved quickly to turn paperwork in to the NCAA.

Johnson said he expects it to be deemed a secondary violation, which would not result in any penalties.

Calipari said he had no knowledge that Bronczek was planning on making the phone call, which was confirmed by a FedEx spokesman.

"I think in this case, he was talking to an employee, who is a longtime employee," Calipari said. "I don't think he did it with any intention of anything except to say, 'Hey, I'm excited about you and your son.' There was no intention of anything else, from what Dave said to me, so I think it was an innocent thing. If you want to take a shot at me, or our program, you make a huge deal out of it. But in reality you're talking about an innocent call from a boss to an employee."

Johnson said the athletic department hands out a brochure to every donor outlining what actions are permissible. Bronczek is one of the original members of the Ambassadors Club for donors who give $500,000. He is visible at most Memphis home games, sitting on the baseline close to the Tigers' bench.

Bronczek also has a connection to another prominent college basketball program: According to his biography on the FedEx Web site, he's on the Honors Advisory Board at the University of North Carolina.

"Obviously, we don't condone it," Johnson said. "Dave is more than an Ambassador; he's a friend and he's the president of the company. We are so high-profile, and we are overly cautious all the time. John Calipari has put us at a level that's unbelievably high, and with that, there's absolutely no margin for error. We certainly don't want any of our boosters calling (recruits). Dave is the highest class individual, and he wouldn't do anything he thought was illegal, nor would we condone it."

Bronczek was unavailable for comment, but FedEx spokesman Maury Lane said Bronczek frequently calls employees of the company.

"The call was meant to be congratulatory about the success of our colleague's son and nothing more," Lane said. "Certainly, he was unaware that he may have violated any recruiting rules, regrets that his actions have had a negative effect, and gladly will work with the University of Memphis and the NCAA to answer any questions that they may have."

Gaddy said this incident would not have any impact on his interest in Memphis. His mother did not return a phone message seeking comment.

Reach Dan Wolken at 529-2365;

You're a stalker as well? Big time fail.

Yeah...whatever!!!!! I've yet to see anything you said that makes any sense...but you are one wierd and funny dude. Your nothing more than a jobber, just like your hero Balls Mahoney.....The Rassler /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you really like that Rasslin , don't you? VolsBaloney and that Rasslin, both as fake as fake can be /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously though, you really do make yourslef look like a fool ? Keep it up...PLEASE. Everybody needs a good laugh every now and then.

I can't believe you haven't crossed the line with one of your tasteless comments yet. You are really some kind of character...Like a cartoon Character /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Doesn't take much to get under your skin, eh? I just like the fact you need to respond with some long-winded diatribe on a High School message board after one of my posts. I look forward to the next one, internet stalker...

How is Tiger High looking in football this year? Oh, that's right, you're one of those halfsie fans.

Doesn't take much to get under your skin, eh? I just like the fact you need to respond with some long-winded diatribe on a High School message board after one of my posts. I look forward to the next one, internet stalker...

How is Tiger High looking in football this year? Oh, that's right, you're one of those halfsie fans.

Under my skin...you give yourself WAY TO MUCH CREDIT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dang dude you haven't been on this board in AWHILE...welcome back! This is childs play didn't you know that? BTW..I'm not an internet stalker either and you know that, your just trying to trash me in front of everybody.....Guess what, I could care less you big dummy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Something tell me you and that deliverence crowd have been conversing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just waiting for that big orange head of yours to explode /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> waiting on one of those tasteless comments like only you make. Your pretty good at getting a thread shutdown...Remember!!!!

BTW...do you have any real information what this thread is supposed to be about or are you just interested in trashing me. If the latter is the case...I have asked you several times if you wanted to go to the college board? Remember.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Something tell me you and that deliverence crowd have been conversing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Haaaaaaa!!!haaaaa!!!!!!! Oh snap...that was too funny!!!!! Cue the banjo player now..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Haaaaaaa!!!haaaaa!!!!!!! Oh snap...that was too funny!!!!! Cue the banjo player now..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Banjo's, pigs, and Rasslin.....what a crowd /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />