Sullivan Central

Who might the pivotal players be this season for the Cougars? We have heard they might lose a few and with the loss of some good players from last season how does it look for them. I hope it's promising. I went to school there and know some parents in the community and still have a lot of interest in the program.

I feel like Sullivan Central has 5 seniors this year that will be very good.Michael Collier at Def Tackle, Matthew Crowder ( the brother of the Center that went to Princeton ) at Def End and Tight End, Austin Box at cornerback and WR, Josh Russel at Linebacker and tackle, and if Cody Likens can come back from a knee injury he will be a great linebacker or def end. Drew Mclaughlin can make plays at any time and Carl always does his thing at QB. Central always has enough good players to be competitive, but their depth is a problem, and they haven't got any breaks in close games the last 3 years. I would call them the sleeper of the conference, the conference is really tough though. They need one good year to get more athletes out there and to show the younger guys that if they put in the work, it will pay off.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central had a player go to Princeton! Awesome! We were in town for the Bristol race and got to see the game at VA High last season. I think it was the first game of the season. I thought they looked pretty good and was surprised they didn't make a few wins in the season. (It's hard to keep up with it from Raleigh.) Drew McGlothlin ( i'm sure I didn't spell that right) looked really swift. That QB injury was a hard way to start a season though. What about the kid that stepped in for the injured QB? He ran and passed well that night and looked pretty strong.

Central had a player go to Princeton! Awesome! We were in town for the Bristol race and got to see the game at VA High last season. I think it was the first game of the season. I thought they looked pretty good and was surprised they didn't make a few wins in the season. (It's hard to keep up with it from Raleigh.) Drew McGlothlin ( i'm sure I didn't spell that right) looked really swift. That QB injury was a hard way to start a season though. What about the kid that stepped in for the injured QB? He ran and passed well that night and looked pretty strong.

That kid was Duke Moretz. The team would be better if they kept him at QB and let Roberts carry the ball. That's what they did in Jr. High when they won the conference championship. Too late now since Moretz is at South.

Central made a mistake in the coaching hire. They should have brought in Seeger from Holston. He's consistently turning out winners and could get some of the kids who quit football after Jr. High involved at Central. Too much politics in the hiring process.