CAK vs Catholic

catholicsoccer

Assuming that what G said is true, and Tarr is not playing, I am going to go with Catholic 2-0. (If Tarr is cleared to play, I still think Catholic will take this one).

With the exception of CBHS, Catholic is the most talented team that I've seen this year. There are very few weaknesses to their side. In the back, they are extremely disciplined. In the middle of the field, they play quickly and one touch, and they can absolutely demoralize a team with their forwards.

I think the hardest thing about playing Catholic is deciding which player to try and shut down. The obvious answer would be Ricardo, as he has outstanding quickness and is a natural forward. But then Catholic's midfield has the ability to keep you honest as well. Beckham has a nice shot, and he is big and crafty, yet the player that impresses me the most for Catholic is #8...(I am not sure what his name is, and I am not positive that he is #8). He plays in the middle of the pitch, and he is very good at controlling the tempo of the game. He is quite small, but he makes up for his lack of size with feisty defensive pressure. Furthermore, he has an outstanding first touch, and he only takes more than one touch when it is necessary. His selflessness makes everyone around him better, and he is constantly setting up Catholic's talented forwards.

CAK, conversely, lacks the large plethora of offensive weapons that Catholic has. They are younger and less physical, but they still do an outstanding job at moving the ball. Should Tarr be given the green light, the score should be closer than it would be with his absence. I think CAK is kind of accepting a rebuilding and underdog role this year. Hey, who wouldn't love to be rebuilding and still be one of the top AA/A teams in the state?

Catholic 2, CAK 0

Dins, pretty good assessment.....G, gonna get a little soggy! (Got Waders?!?!) Will the surface being wet effect the defense's ability to stop attacks as they build in front of them? Seems a good ball fake by an onrushing player favors the player that knows where he is going. I'm sure the keepers are well versed on how balls tend to skip on wet surfaces, so I would expect them to play low shots well. I still think the Irish, as a whole, are a little stronger, but it is killer to bet against G. Clearly Knoxville's finest will be on display, they both advance so the pressure is off a little bit. I'm certain it will be a good show!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i think catholic will win this one 3-1. i will be attending the game and am expecting a normal cak/catholic game. i also get to cover the game for the west side shopper so atleast soccer will get some acknowledgment. luckily i know where catholic is so we wont have to worry about the game not being covered as well as when you dont go. the weird part will be after the game when i have to get some players and the coaches' opinions on the game becuase i know some of them really well. good luck to both teams and lets hope this rain holds off.

Congratulations to an EXCELLENT Catholic team. They won tonight 3-0. The first goal was a beauty from Beckham from about 20 yards out in the first 5 minutes. The half ended 1-0.

The second goal was also a "beauty", but by one of our guys! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Defensive mis-clear that had some wicked backspin and looped behind our keeper.

Third was a header off of a save (I believe).

Our keeper had an awesome save on a PK that gave us some life in the second half.

Catholic possessed the ball very well, and had a good organized attack. They are a very good team.

Good luck, Catholic in your game on Tuesday.

We once again have to face Akula and Alcoa on the same night! Hopefully he will get some ball boys for this one!!! (inside joke there with Akula!)

Congratulations, Irish! It sounds like a good showing and I am very sorry I missed the match.

That's ALL you have to say about the game!!! Where have you been, old man! I can't BELIEVE you didn't come. I am telling Nate Davis on you.

Yeah, that all I've got to say. Shocking isn't it. Actually, I am teaching at Emory in Atlanta all week so I'm really out of the loop. I hate missing Irish v. Warriors matches but I'm hoping to see at least two more this season---hopefully with the same result! Of course, I'm particularly interested in seeing the Irish win their last game of the year this season. Getting to State every year in the New Millenium has been fun, but it is now time for the Irish to bring home the big prize after so many close chances. I hope to see you soon and give my regards to "little" Nathan Davis when you see him next. Good luck to the Warriors next week and I hope to see you in the Region finals. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big G, you'll have to excuse Hoya's absense. I know he likes to claim that he is teaching/working in Atlanta, but from the looks of his frequent posts on CoachT, I'm not sure he's doing much of anything down there. I know he was heart broken to not be able to come to the match though. I'm not sure that he knows what to do with himself these days, so missing a KCHS v. CAK game must have been hard on him. I have no doubts that he'll make it to the next one. Anyways, congratulations to Catholic on the win. Also, Big G, I know you'll have CAK ready for the back stretch, so no worries. I mean come on, you have to let someone else get a ring at some point. Good luck to both teams with the rest of the season.

Big G, you'll have to excuse Hoya's absense. I know he likes to claim that he is teaching/working in Atlanta, but from the looks of his frequent posts on CoachT, I'm not sure he's doing much of anything down there. I know he was heart broken to not be able to come to the match though. I'm not sure that he knows what to do with himself these days, so missing a KCHS v. CAK game must have been hard on him. I have no doubts that he'll make it to the next one.

Ha Ha! Yeah, I'm with you!