CREE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 5 A/AA

White House-Heritage 3 - CPA 2

Golden Goal

Probably considered an upset by most. First time District 10 has won a region game in a very long time. WHH played with 10 men (starting goalie got a red card) after the 55th minute. CPA tied it as the final whistle blew in regulation. One of the best high school games I've witnessed.

Goodpasture 4 - Harpeth 0

Goodpasture @ WHH Thursday

Wow! CPA is a quality squad. Congrats to White House on a huge win. CPA, keep your heads up. You know I think you all are top notch.

Region 5 A/AA

White House-Heritage 3 - CPA 2

Golden Goal

Probably considered an upset by most. First time District 10 has won a region game in a very long time. WHH played with 10 men (starting goalie got a red card) after the 55th minute. CPA tied it as the final whistle blew in regulation. One of the best high school games I've witnessed.

Goodpasture 4 - Harpeth 0

Goodpasture @ WHH Thursday

Very good game. Very questionable officiating. The goalie is one of just two seniors who has been starting for 4 years and is the Most Valuable Keeper of the district. Got a red card on a very bad call, the ref said he got beat and pulled a player down by his shirt but the goalie did not get beat and did not even grab the player. He laid out for the ball, I dont think the player even fell to the ground. So CPA got a pk and then they scored on a corner in the 8TH MINUTE OF STOPPAGE TIME! 8 minutes is rediculous! But Heritage was the better team its just a shame the goalie doesn't get tp play in the next 2 games. The funny part is that the ref is from White House and has known the goalie and his father (the coach) and many other players for several years. Hats off to CPA very good game and very respectful fans.

Yea I went to that game, that officiating was horrible. It did look like he was trying to take the game away from Heritage. But its kinda funny you say that he knew the goalie- why would he throw him out if he knew him wouldn't you think that he would do everything he can to keep him in?

And 8 mins of stoppage time? thats unheard of? I've seen like 6 and 7 mins stoppages but not 8. Wonder why there was so much stoppage?

Yea I went to that game, that officiating was horrible. It did look like he was trying to take the game away from Heritage. But its kinda funny you say that he knew the goalie- why would he throw him out if he knew him wouldn't you think that he would do everything he can to keep him in?

And 8 mins of stoppage time? thats unheard of? I've seen like 6 and 7 mins stoppages but not 8. Wonder why there was so much stoppage?

Thats the irony of it I dont know why he would do something like that. He talked to the goalies dad for a good 30 minutes before the game and they were talking about when he was growing up playing and everything. And you would think that somebody should have to physically punch another player to get a red card and have to sit out the region championship and substate game.....and the eight minutes of stoppage time was jsut rediculous I have no idea why they got eight minutes. He said two more minutes when it was already five minutes into stoppage and they got a corner 3 minutes later. I understand you play untill the advantage is lost but he called the first half while Heritage was line up for a croner so I didnt understand why the call wasnt the same for both teams

Well maybe the dad didn't pay him enough:) I know but I did see him talking with both coaches for about 5 each I don't think it was 30. I wouldn't know what was said but the guy seemed friendly. lol. My watch had 6:30 of stoppage when the goal was scored so that left alteast thirty mins, but your right got to be consistent. I thought the soft red looked cool, I have never seen that with both cards in one hand.

Well maybe the dad didn't pay him enough:) I know but I did see him talking with both coaches for about 5 each I don't think it was 30. I wouldn't know what was said but the guy seemed friendly. lol. My watch had 6:30 of stoppage when the goal was scored so that left alteast thirty mins, but your right got to be consistent. I thought the soft red looked cool, I have never seen that with both cards in one hand.

I may have stretched it a little lol but he did talk to both coaches I was actually standing with them when he was talking to the Heritage coach and they were just shooting the crap nothing much but he did say he was going to let them play which was another reason I was suprised by the call. He lives in Nashville now and the CPA coach actually said jokingly are we gonna get some Nashville help tonight and the ref said "if you only knew the histroy" so, I think mabe he just wanted to show he wasnt going to be one sided towards Heritage and went a little to far. It was great to see the better team come out on top though and dig so deep even being a man down

From what I saw, the red card will probably only affect last night's game. Heritage is really talented and have a lot of potential when they're all playing efficiently. They lost some wing play having to move #10 back to goal, but they're bench was able to keep up. Luckily, he also has goalie experience. Don't be surprised if they get past Goodpasture. Even if they lose, they have an even better chance of winning the Sectional against the Region 6 teams, who IMO are somewhat weaker than Region 5.

Heritage in Murfreesboro. A happy sight for all us District 10 fans.

Reasons that time is stopped in NFHS rules.

Each time a goal is scored.

-----Can be as little as ~35 Seconds can be way over a Minute. Affected by how long for ball to be returned to the center circle. How many and how long it takes all substituted players to clear the field.

Each time a player is injured and the trainer or coach is beaconed onto the field.

------Rarely less than a minute may be several minutes.

Each time a player is Cautioned or Ejected.

------Usually more than a minute because NFHS rules require the referee to show the card, Record the player information and then GO TELL BOTH coaches why the player was cautioned or ejected. Only after fulfilling all three requirements is the referee allowed to return to the proper position for the restart.

Any other time the referee determines that time is being wasted.

Note: Under NFHS rules the clock is stopped for each of the above situations, time is not "added" as under USSF Laws. The difference is that a referee who has been properly stopping and re-starting the watch shall Signal the end of play when the time reaches 40 minutes of playing time, REGARDLESS of where the ball is or what is occurring on the field when the 40 minutes is reached.

So do you know the reason for the red card? like was it serious foul play, violent conduct, denying a goal scoring opportunity, language?

Oh what was with that lady that went on the field at yelled at the referees. It looked to me like those fans don't have a clue or class?

But I did hear the gk at the end of the game state that, well I just figured the referee would only give me a yellow card thats why I fouled him.... interesting. lol

From what I saw, the red card will probably only affect last night's game. Heritage is really talented and have a lot of potential when they're all playing efficiently. They lost some wing play having to move #10 back to goal, but they're bench was able to keep up. Luckily, he also has goalie experience. Don't be surprised if they get past Goodpasture. Even if they lose, they have an even better chance of winning the Sectional against the Region 6 teams, who IMO are somewhat weaker than Region 5.

Heritage in Murfreesboro. A happy sight for all us District 10 fans.

Ill actually be more suprised if Heritage loses, and I definately like their chances win or lose of going to state. About the lady going on the field, she is family of the goalie and like I said they have known the ref for years so she was upset, thats her brother and hes one of only two seniors so im sure her emotions just got to her. Talking someone (I will not name) said they watched the tape and the ball was shot, the goalie laid out for it and the player went down but even the player just jumped right up with no emotion and played on. They said that they would have agreed with a foul called and a pk and even a yellow card but it was nothing viscious or purposeful. Plus the magnitude of the game it should take a lot to get a red. The ref said he grabbed him by the ankles and pull him down but like I said afer talking to someone who watched the tape they said it was not true and a accidental foul at most.......About the stoppage time I know pretty much the rules on it...not in depth like the post but the referee said six minutes of stoppage time and the corner was taken around 8 minutes and 30 seconds. I realize you cant call untill advantage is gone but Heritage had jsut cleared the ball shortly before that.