Results from Region Semifinals

CREE

well now i'm confused, did he grab his shirt or grab his ankles? and also whats this difference in the game now and the game during regular season? are you saying since it's post-season the referees should no be consistent with what they called all year? i'm just confused sorry.. i just went last night to see probably the best match up in the midstate. i didn't see the play for the red card, sorry. So i was just trying to clarify.

And with emotions, i understand but she can't attack a referee like that. that can get you arrested? i think she got off way lucky and i think the referee did a good job handling her. but he could have really made her life hard from that..

Well what a lot of people forget to realize that just because the referee said there is six minutes of stoppage, doesn't mean at six min. it will blow. that is always a minimum time.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now i'm confused, did he grab his shirt or grab his ankles? and also whats this difference in the game now and the game during regular season? are you saying since it's post-season the referees should no be consistent with what they called all year? i'm just confused sorry.. i just went last night to see probably the best match up in the midstate. i didn't see the play for the red card, sorry. So i was just trying to clarify.

And with emotions, i understand but she can't attack a referee like that. that can get you arrested? i think she got off way lucky and i think the referee did a good job handling her. but he could have really made her life hard from that..

Well what a lot of people forget to realize that just because the referee said there is six minutes of stoppage, doesn't mean at six min. it will blow. that is always a minimum time.

He did not grab either according to the tape footage but according to the official he grabbed the ankles. And she definatley did get away luckily and she shouldnt have done that. I do think they should be consistent with what they called all season but that should not have been a red card at anytime of the season. I was just saying in a game like that it should matter and it should have to be something serious when you are taking a player out of a region semifinal game and in essence taking them out of the region finals and the substate game. You should make sure the call was right especially when you are 30 yards away from what happened

alright i get your point kinda, but quit going above and beyond on your statements. from watching the game in general there was no way he out 30 yards away. he was up with play the whole time. so i find it hard to believe the play that he decided to be 30 yards away and issue a red. he looked better than that. And also, by rule, denying a goal does not mean seriousness of the foul. it's doesn't have to be serious that would fall under serious foul play. a denying an obvious goal states "any foul that results in a direct free kick when the attacking team has an obvious chance to score" now again i didn't see the play but you did?

Also, the referee shouldn't give cards on the essence of if it's a semi, final, state.. rules are rules ya know.

Reasons that time is stopped in NFHS rules.

Each time a goal is scored.

-----Can be as little as ~35 Seconds can be way over a Minute. Affected by how long for ball to be returned to the center circle. How many and how long it takes all substituted players to clear the field.

Each time a player is injured and the trainer or coach is beaconed onto the field.

------Rarely less than a minute may be several minutes.

Each time a player is Cautioned or Ejected.

------Usually more than a minute because NFHS rules require the referee to show the card, Record the player information and then GO TELL BOTH coaches why the player was cautioned or ejected. Only after fulfilling all three requirements is the referee allowed to return to the proper position for the restart.

Any other time the referee determines that time is being wasted.

Note: Under NFHS rules the clock is stopped for each of the above situations, time is not "added" as under USSF Laws. The difference is that a referee who has been properly stopping and re-starting the watch shall Signal the end of play when the time reaches 40 minutes of playing time, REGARDLESS of where the ball is or what is occurring on the field when the 40 minutes is reached.

Don't forget the clock is stopped for penalty kicks also. There is no such thing as "stoppage time" in high school soccer. You stop the clock for the above reasons and when time is out, the game is over, no advantage, no waiting to see if the attacking team scores, no allowing a corner, etc..

If you're lucky enough to get to state, the game clock is official. When it buzzes at zero, game over, no matter what else is going on.

alright i get your point kinda, but quit going above and beyond on your statements. from watching the game in general there was no way he out 30 yards away. he was up with play the whole time. so i find it hard to believe the play that he decided to be 30 yards away and issue a red. he looked better than that. And also, by rule, denying a goal does not mean seriousness of the foul. it's doesn't have to be serious that would fall under serious foul play. a denying an obvious goal states "any foul that results in a direct free kick when the attacking team has an obvious chance to score" now again i didn't see the play but you did? Also, the referee shouldn't give cards on the essence of if it's a semi, final, state.. rules are rules ya know.

The referee was 25-30 yards out from the play. Denying a goal is also a save. The goalie laid out for the ball, and it was not an obvious goal becuase he didnt get beat. I thought he was giving the CPA a red card for obstruction because it looked more towards that than anything but o well its over and done and it was a great game I just hate to see a senior and 4 year starter have to sit out two games. He has not gotten a red card in all four years of playing and im almost 100 percent sure he has not gotten a yellow card.

Don't forget the clock is stopped for penalty kicks also. There is no such thing as "stoppage time" in high school soccer. You stop the clock for the above reasons and when time is out, the game is over, no advantage, no waiting to see if the attacking team scores, no allowing a corner, etc..If you're lucky enough to get to state, the game clock is official. When it buzzes at zero, game over, no matter what else is going on.

I guess I was wrong about the advantage then, I did not know that was the rule in high school. I guess I am wrong every now and then /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

So now your saying it's 25-30 yards out... always got to be strecthing it to the max eh.. Well I really hate it for the keeper.. Was a strong player, but Zinadine Zidane was the best guy in the world cup but even though it was the final he got sent off. I know you say there wasn't a foul but it seems to me like you are trying to set aside a rule. Just trying to see both sides.. But it is over with and it looks like they will make it to state. So good luck, and I think the game time is at 7

alright i get your point kinda, but quit going above and beyond on your statements. from watching the game in general there was no way he out 30 yards away. he was up with play the whole time. so i find it hard to believe the play that he decided to be 30 yards away and issue a red. he looked better than that. And also, by rule, denying a goal does not mean seriousness of the foul. it's doesn't have to be serious that would fall under serious foul play. a denying an obvious goal states "any foul that results in a direct free kick when the attacking team has an obvious chance to score" now again i didn't see the play but you did?

Also, the referee shouldn't give cards on the essence of if it's a semi, final, state.. rules are rules ya know.

I was also at the game, and i do have to agree that the ref was at least 25-30 yards out. On top of that there was at least 12-13 players in the box at the time(kind of sloppy play). I have had the ref before when i played for a traveling soccer team in white house. He has reffed about 5 of my games and in all of them he has favored the opposing team. Im sure its only to prove he isn't favoring his "home town" even though we don't claim him. Hats off to Heritage though for keeping their cool and playing with heart. So Mr. allregion AKA The Enforcer, you know what time the game is Thursday?

So now your saying it's 25-30 yards out... always got to be strecthing it to the max eh.. Well I really hate it for the keeper.. Was a strong player, but Zinadine Zidane was the best guy in the world cup but even though it was the final he got sent off. I know you say there wasn't a foul but it seems to me like you are trying to set aside a rule. Just trying to see both sides.. But it is over with and it looks like they will make it to state. So good luck, and I think the game time is at 7

Sorry I cant give you an exact measurement but 25-30 yards is not much of a difference. And I also said that I would not have argued a foul call although I did not think it was one but it definately did not deserve a red card because it was not a goal scoring opportunity or anything viscious. Its just bad when even CPA's fans more than just 3-4 (and thats not stretching the truth) even did not agree with the call.

I was also at the game, and i do have to agree that the ref was at least 25-30 yards out. On top of that there was at least 12-13 players in the box at the time(kind of sloppy play). I have had the ref before when i played for a traveling soccer team in white house. He has reffed about 5 of my games and in all of them he has favored the opposing team. Im sure its only to prove he isn't favoring his "home town" even though we don't claim him. Hats off to Heritage though for keeping their cool and playing with heart. So Mr. allregion AKA The Enforcer, you know what time the game is Thursday?

Yes my friend, the game is at 7, but it looks like it is going to be pushed back to Friday because its not supposed to stop raining today and its not supposed to rain tommorrow. I really like their chances against Goodpasture and then Giles County if they win that....Its not like when we played and were were just happy to get where we were, this team expects it and they really are better than the teams that are left leading to state......Murfreesboro bound!

Yes my friend, the game is at 7, but it looks like it is going to be pushed back to Friday because its not supposed to stop raining today and its not supposed to rain tommorrow. I really like their chances against Goodpasture and then Giles County if they win that....Its not like when we played and were were just happy to get where we were, this team expects it and they really are better than the teams that are left leading to state......Murfreesboro bound!

Looking at the radar...this game should be okay. The rain only looks like it will affect everywhere south of I-40. Let's hope this rings true, I've been looking forward to this game. Only time will tell.