Thoughts

chattanooga

With or without the multiplier? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You and your multiplication table. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Even though I know where this is going, AA (Football) or AA (Basketball, baseball, and softball)?

You and your multiplication table. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Even though I know where this is going, AA (Football) or AA (Basketball, baseball, and softball)?

I'm lost. Can someone explain?

I'm lost. Can someone explain?

The three designations of Division I A, AA and AAA are all based on school population numbers; however, if you are a private school your population is increased by a multiplier (I'm not sure what the amount is) for classification purposes. The theory is that competition will be more even if private schools end up playing against bigger public schools. CAK, for example, I think would normally be a A-sized school based on census, but the Warriors get moved to AA based on the multiplier. In soccer, it makes little difference unless you are a really small A school and you have to play against borderline AA schools that are near AAA size.

The three designations of Division I A, AA and AAA are all based on school population numbers; however, if you are a private school your population is increased by a multiplier (I'm not sure what the amount is) for classification purposes. The theory is that competition will be more even if private schools end up playing against bigger public schools. CAK, for example, I think would normally be a A-sized school based on census, but the Warriors get moved to AA based on the multiplier. In soccer, it makes little difference unless you are a really small A school and you have to play against borderline AA schools that are near AAA size.

The multiplier is 1.8.