Great Job Coalfield Lady Jackets

REDHOTZ13DAD

Congradulations Lady Jackets on a great year. This young team has done things that no other Coalfield team has ever done before. Keep your heads up and work hard in the off season and I see no reason that you won't be back again next year with a very stong chance of making it to state. The future for Coalfiled softball is very bright.

"Go Lady Jackets"

If they are that good then they need to come on down to the Chattanooga area and play the Soddy Daisy,Baylor,GPS,Hixson, Chatt. Christian,Boyd Buch.,Sequatchie County,Whitwell,Meigs Co.,Ooltewah,Rhea Co.,Chatt. Central to see where they stand.

That would be a good measuring stick for your team, heard Coalfield hade a descent pitcher, but any descent pitcher can be a great pitcher in Single A competition.... but anyway, it would prepare them for the big games in there District,Region, And State Tourn., It would better them as a team.

If they are that good then they need to come on down to the Chattanooga area and play the Soddy Daisy,Baylor,GPS,Hixson, Chatt. Christian,Boyd Buch.,Sequatchie County,Whitwell,Meigs Co.,Ooltewah,Rhea Co.,Chatt. Central to see where they stand.

That would be a good measuring stick for your team, heard Coalfield hade a descent pitcher, but any descent pitcher can be a great pitcher in Single A competition.... but anyway, it would prepare them for the big games in there District,Region, And State Tourn., It would better them as a team.

Aph50:

I have purposely stayed away from responding to these "shots" on someone's good intended responses, but I have to jump in now!

Coalfield has more than a decent pitcher by the way, and they don't need to come to play those teams you mentioned to prove that she is a good pitcher. I agree that playing tougher teams would help prepare them for the post-season, and I'm sure their new coach will be placing them in more tourneys each year. You've got to understand that the pitcher was only an 8th grader this year, as was her catcher, and both performed very well. Their coach was in her first year with the team and has taken them farther than they have ever been before as a team in softball.

I believe they did play some really good Knoxville area teams this year and I'm sure if some of those teams you mentioned (I actually have players I train from a few of those by the way), happen to be in tourneys that they play next year, the Coalfield team will line up ready to play them!

I want to congratulate Coalfield, along with Meigs, Rhea (their coach is a former student of mine) and all of the other teams you mentioned on successful seasons.

Aph50:

I have purposely stayed away from responding to these "shots" on someone's good intended responses, but I have to jump in now!

Coalfield has more than a decent pitcher by the way, and they don't need to come to play those teams you mentioned to prove that she is a good pitcher. I agree that playing tougher teams would help prepare them for the post-season, and I'm sure their new coach will be placing them in more tourneys each year. You've got to understand that the pitcher was only an 8th grader this year, as was her catcher, and both performed very well. Their coach was in her first year with the team and has taken them farther than they have ever been before as a team in softball.

I believe they did play some really good Knoxville area teams this year and I'm sure if some of those teams you mentioned (I actually have players I train from a few of those by the way), happen to be in tourneys that they play next year, the Coalfield team will line up ready to play them!

I want to congratulate Coalfield, along with Meigs, Rhea (their coach is a former student of mine) and all of the other teams you mentioned on successful seasons.

I agree, I'm not disagreeing, and trust me it's not a shot................. All i was saying if you want to better yourself as a team or prepare your team for the Post season, then you need to play tougher competition, that is the only real tool to being successfull.

I'm sure Coalfield will give the Knoxville area all they can handle for the next 4 years with a Pitcher and Catcher that will only get better as time goes on. Trust me it's an accomplishment when 2 8th graders step on the field and play with High School kids.(the Mentality part)

Good luck and hope to see your team in the Soddy Tourney next year.

I agree, I'm not disagreeing, and trust me it's not a shot................. All i was saying if you want to better yourself as a team or prepare your team for the Post season, then you need to play tougher competition, that is the only real tool to being successfull.

I'm sure Coalfield will give the Knoxville area all they can handle for the next 4 years with a Pitcher and Catcher that will only get better as time goes on. Trust me it's an accomplishment when 2 8th graders step on the field and play with High School kids.(the Mentality part)

Good luck and hope to see your team in the Soddy Tourney next year.

No problem aph50:

I don't have a particular team as I have students that come not only from TN, but also 5 other states as well. I have the dilemma that puts me in the middle a lot of times between competing teams. I am a good friend of Clifford, and I have done "Skill's videos" for a lot of his players. I just am very proud of all my students that are on the Coalfield team, and I am equally proud of my students everywhere.

Darrell Williams

Diamond Softball Academy