William Blount Govs

wbgov09

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point CU06...I look for the Govs to finish second in the Region again, to possibly Ooltewah or Farragut. We'll probably win at least 7 games in the regular season, with three losses out of Maryville, DB, Ooltewah, or Farragut. If we split those games, I'd happy with another 8-2 regular season. The playoffs are where it really counts, hopefully this will be the year we break through. The first three rounds are against Region teams (our region and Region 1), if we can beat them in the regular season I see no reason that we can't finally make a run in the playoffs. Every year there's a surprise run, I see no reason the Govs can't make one this year with a few breaks.

Yea that is what i was thinking. Their defense is once agian going to be good with Cole Lail at linebacker and Don Cope at corner and they still have the same running game with Darran Garner. The only question marks I see would be quarterback and offensive line, and maybe wide recievers because Don Cope is the only returning starter but they have other good ones filling the holes.

Mcminn co will be good again as well...i think ooltewah is the class of the region this year and mcminn, WB, and farragut will be fighting for that second spot. ill be looking for the govs to break that home winning streak that maryville has going since '01 that is if alcoa doesnt do it first

Yea that is what i was thinking. Their defense is once agian going to be good with Cole Lail at linebacker and Don Cope at corner and they still have the same running game with Darran Garner. The only question marks I see would be quarterback and offensive line, and maybe wide recievers because Don Cope is the only returning starter but they have other good ones filling the holes.

I don't see the defense giving us any problems, Cole will be good and we have Gordley and Hassett on D-Line. Garner should be playing some safety this year, he's extremely fast and a hard hitter. The offense is where the main question marks will come into play, but I'm not worried about the wide recievers. Cope was amazing last season, and we have other senior players (even though they haven't started) ready to take over the other reciever slots. The offensive line lost all five starters, but we've got some big, strong younger guys that will do just fine. I think this year's team is physically stronger than last season's. The quarterback position is the thing that worries me...maybe we'll find a way to keep that from hurting us too badly. We're going to miss Kase Whitehead, even though he was the punter, he did an incredible job of flipping the field for us. This season, we can't punt from our 20 yard line and pin the other team inside their 30-20. It's something that we took for granted, but will be missed. We have some talented players, I just hope our team can come together to do something special.

Mcminn co will be good again as well...i think ooltewah is the class of the region this year and mcminn, WB, and farragut will be fighting for that second spot. ill be looking for the govs to break that home winning streak that maryville has going since '01 that is if alcoa doesnt do it first

McMinn should be a threat again, but losing Devon Johnson I think will be a big blow. Ooltewah appears to be loaded, although last year the talk before the season was that they were supposedly going to go back to the semi-finals. William Blount always has a terribly tough time with Farragut, as they've lost to the Ads six times in a row. The Maryville game, despite what anyone says, is the biggest of our season. Last year the loss took a lot out of us, maybe we can finish the job this year. It'd be that much sweeter to end a longer winning streak, on their home field, with all their new Nike stuff.

My predictions for Region 2:

1. Ooltewah

2. WB or Farragut...this is a toss-up

4. McMinn Co.

5. Oak Ridge

6. Soddy Daisy

7. Heritage

8. Bradley Central

The Maryville game, despite what anyone says, is the biggest of our season. Last year the loss took a lot out of us, maybe we can finish the job this year.

j&j most tha Blunt peepull eye talked two aftur tha gaim last yeer disagree with you, includin' thair coaches on tha raydio....Thay said thair reejun gaims wuz tha most importunt....

McMinn should be a threat again, but losing Devon Johnson I think will be a big blow. Ooltewah appears to be loaded, although last year the talk before the season was that they were supposedly going to go back to the semi-finals. William Blount always has a terribly tough time with Farragut, as they've lost to the Ads six times in a row. The Maryville game, despite what anyone says, is the biggest of our season. Last year the loss took a lot out of us, maybe we can finish the job this year. It'd be that much sweeter to end a longer winning streak, on their home field, with all their new Nike stuff.

My predictions for Region 2:

1. Ooltewah

2. WB or Farragut...this is a toss-up

4. McMinn Co.

5. Oak Ridge

6. Soddy Daisy

7. Heritage

8. Bradley Central

Most "sane" Ooltewah "fans" knew last season would be a struggle as we didn't know who the quarterback would be and at the very least we knew he would be inexperienced. This season, we know Brady Reed will be the quarterback and we also know that Coach Monroe is very high on him. The Owls have Mathew Polk as tb. Polk was used sparingly a year ago, but he is lightning quick. He will remind you a little of Marshall, although not quite as durable. Behind him are a number of candidates including Timmy Williams, a member of Ooltewah's state champion 4 X 100 relay team. He may also get a look at wr. Gino Norwood is the top returning wr. The coaches hope that Sammy Seamster,Darian Delaney, and Johnny Myricks can make a big contribution. Without a doubt, this would be the fastest wr corp in the state, but they have little to no experience. On the plus side is the fact that that wr and qb positions are going to get excellent coaching.

How does everyone think their season will fair? possibly better than last year?

We here in Kingsport are anxious to see how much the Indians have improved since last year. Our string of 6 straight Big East conference championships was snapped last season. We should be better and you guys will be our first stearn test. You guys have a class program and for the record, all the Dobyns-Bennett fans were pulling for you to beat Maryville in '07.

We here in Kingsport are anxious to see how much the Indians have improved since last year. Our string of 6 straight Big East conference championships was snapped last season. We should be better and you guys will be our first stearn test. You guys have a class program and for the record, all the Dobyns-Bennett fans were pulling for you to beat Maryville in '07.

I was pulling for you guys over Maryville and even pulled for a couple more teams to beat them.There is a reason however that they were ranked among the nations best and for you guys to play them so close,showed what a fine football program you have.